Sports Entertainment

At 13:08, Former Legal Chief Council and President and Chief Operating Officer of MLB, Robert A. Dupuy, Esq. states: "We sell fantasy. We don’t sell reality. And we have grown men and women in costumes playing for millions of dollars, and more importantly enthralling tens of millions of people.

DeMaurice Smith, current chief of the NFL Players' Union, then adds: "Isn’t the reality that it’s a business when owners want it to be a business and it’s a sport when they want it to be a sport and for a fan it’s—and I agree with you—it’s a fantasy."

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4YxLZYqjTM4
thefixisin.net/resources/precendential opinion.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=4YxLZYqjTM4

The ticket you purchase to a sporting event reflects this notion of sports being simply entertainment. The "Spygate" lawsuit proves this. In this lawsuit, a New York Jets fan sued the New England Patriots for illegally (by NFL rules) videotaping their opponents' coaching signals. The lawsuit asked for the Jets ticket holders' money back in 10 years worth of games -- the duration of the Patriots "cheating" via this videotaping.

While you can read the U.S. Appeals Court's complete ruling in this case here, Senior Judge Robert E. Cowen's main conclusion was this: "At best, he [Carl Mayer, the plaintive] possessed nothing more than a contractual right to a seat from which to watch an NFL game between the Jets and the Patriots, and this right was clearly honored....Mayer possessed either a license or, at best, a contractual right to enter Giants Stadium and to have a seat from which to watch a professional football game. In the clear language of the ticket stub, ‘[t]his ticket only grants entry into the stadium and a spectator seat for the specified NFL game.’ Mayer actually was allowed to enter the stadium and witnessed the ‘specified NFL game[s]’ between the Jets and Patriots. He thereby suffered no cognizable injury to a legally protected right or interest."

thefixisin.net/resources/precendential opinion.pdf

"For there should be a fundamental difference between professional and amateur sports that goes beyond the technical distinction of whether athletes make money from their sport. I learned the difference at the end of training camp my rookie year with the Dallas Cowboys. Management called a meeting to explain the responsibilities of being a professional football player. The man to give the best advice was the team's public relations director. He told us: "Boys, this is show business."

>women in costumes playing for millions of dollars

what did he mean by this?

Less than a handful of calls by officials can easily sway an entire game. NFL is a business that encompasses the 32 franchises, who will all do what is best for business. LA now has two loser teams that can't fill up their stadiums; that's a problem. The solution is for them both to go on a mind-boggling winning spree. It's best for the whole.

... just some PC shit. They are, after all, league officials.

Rams caught fire when they first moved to STL. It was no coincidence as they couldn't sell seats. They were handed a Super Bowl with a great feel-good story of QB who was stocking shelves. All Scripted. I wouldn't be surprised if the Rams get a push to the SB with the new stadium being built and no asses in seats.

Wentz was obviously intended to be a new Face for the NFL; I wouldn't be surprised if Phillie's run is over, not because Foles is incompetent, but because Wentz was intended to get the 'Manning' push.

This is what happens the next year after you act like a big baby at the SB post game press conference. No Flag. Cam did what he was supposed to, throw the game (check the fumble) to give Manning the SB to end his storyline (which Manning got in turn for throwing the SB to New Orleans after the Flood). Don't expect Cam to get another Face Storyline.

Vikings: New Stadium, on a "Roll" (role).

Based upon the very real considerations that the NFL is nothing more than scripted entertainment in the manner of the WWE, predictions for Week 15: Chargers get the nod over the Chiefs, to keep packing butts in LA; Packers get the push over Carolina, with Golden Boy Rodgers back; Vikings with new stadium are guaranteed a win; Rams, probably, get win over Seahawks to continue their push for the new stadium being built; Steelers probably get the home win over the Patriots to keep alive the feel good story of "doing it for Shazier" which, could be a scripted injury itself; look for the Cowboys to possibly win out, now that the new face "Wentz" is gone.

Giants upset Eagles.

Gronk's WWE move, Shazier injury, Kaepernick protest (Kap is playing a role, might have an injury) - all staged for media time.

Does anyone know how I can contact the silent lizard majority directing the deep state from underground bases? I have their hat.

Deflection with no substance. This isn't lizard shit; it's a multi-billion dollar industry with the court cases on file to protect its interests. The archive of video is there for those with a discerning eye; not so much for those males who live out their fantasies in the never ending soap opera of sports entertainment.

We need a whistleblower. Until then, still watching

ITT
>nfl general: illuminati edition

...funny, how scared most of you idiots tethered to your big screens are. This is a thread about the NFL scripting events and games with some valid court cases and situations that demand a second look, but, you damn Fan Boys won't let your guard down for a split second to consider all the time you have wasted in your endeavour to waste time. The NFL doesn't need shills to protect it...

There's actually nothing to blow the whistle on; the court cases prove it is operated legitimately as sports entertainment - same as the WWE. The fact that the WWE even exists should make every sports fan question the validity of what they are consuming. What is worth further consideration is whether or not the scripting has made it more viable, more entertaining... Consider wrestling seventy years ago, as it was: how long would it have been viable with matches that lasted 45 minutes of two sweaty fat guys grappling and locking each other up for the duration.

JIMMY

You should consider the time you are wasting in your endeavor to make other people think they are wasting their own time.

NFL lawyer Gregg H. Levy: (as) "long as the NFL clubs are members of a unit; if they compete as a unit in the entertainment marketplace ... they should be deemed a single entity" and not subject to antitrust law. American Needle v. NFL

He's a good example of being a groomed Face for a franchise - one that needs to fill up a brand new stadium.

There is no law preventing a league from fixing its own contest.

btw, Niners more than likely beat TN @ home - supports the new Face, gets butts in seats at a new stadium, hope for the future, and Jags have already been anointed champs of the division over TN. TN fans will hang in there for just being in the fray.

if it was scripted, don't you think one of the players who went broke after retiring would have blown the whistle to make some quick cash?

also these court cases prove nothing. if they ruled in favor of that Jets guy, then if a ref blew a call I'd be able to get my ticket refunded because the game wasn't "fair."

that has to do with license merchandising you idiot

No shit, it has to do with licensing merchandise, it doesn't change the position. Broke NFL players: probably aren't as 'Broke' as they like to make out, that being the case, there's something that's called a Pension, where if you break certain rules of CONTRACT, get jerked out from under you. Most, if not all players, THESE DAYS, have at least a Million (in benefits) reasons not to break that contract. DumbAss.

...and you are presuming that every player would be in on the fix - more than likely only officials, coaches, and Elite Players.

The only reason to put on these exhibitions is for profit and revenue; there is no law that prevents the league from fixing the outcomes of these games (and storylines) for maximum exposure which inflates the bottom line. So, tell me, why would they keep it on the mundane straight and narrow?

I mean, talking about their history is fine when the only decade apart from before the 1920s they've not won a world series in is the 1980s, they've got a few more years in the 2010s to do so before making it 2 decades in a century they hadn't won a title on.

Find another sports team anywhere near as strong as the Yankees.

What's preventing you from going to Vegas and betting on those storylines to inflate your bottom line?

First, the moral problem I had with the NFL. I no longer believed in the league, and I became increasingly disillusioned with what I felt was a deception of the American public. Thanks to Monday Night Football, the NFL took off in the 1970s, becoming the most powerful, prestigious, and glamorous organization in professional sports. At the same time, however, what was happening off the field began to sicken me. As I have related in previous chapters, power eventually corrupted a lot of the owners and the men who run the league. Greed and political chicanery became normal business practices. Their arrogance knew no bounds. They thought they had a license to do exactly as they pleased, particularly with regard to carpetbagging franchises—or threatening to carpetbag franchises if the cities in which they played didn’t come through with bigger stadiums, better tax breaks, and other concessions.

The NFL got away with such outrageous behavior for two reasons: one, its partnership with the three networks; and two, its almost all-encompassing influence over the sportswriters, who could be counted on to parrot the party line. It was disgraceful and I wanted no part of it…. Howard Cosell

The Spread.

>what is the ML?

But he didn't see a football game if one of the teams was cheating. If you're not following the rules of football then it is not football.