Fact: Leto's Joker objectively had the best look and wardrobe

Fact: Leto's Joker objectively had the best look and wardrobe

Despite his tiny amount of screentime, i was pleasantly surprised to see how many suits he wore. It really harkened back to how Jack Nicholson's Joker also wore a bunch of different costumes, as well as how comic Joker 'reinvents himself every day'. As for his look, i thought he looked great. I didn't even mind the tattoos. 'Damaged' was kind of stupid, but it wasn't all that noticable. He can always powder his face to hide it.

I was just disappointed that we only saw him in purple for literally 20 seconds. That was a really cool coat, and unlike pic related, he was wearing his Joker-themed boxing shorts like the hot toys toy, not his arkham sweatpants. That costume was a bit Schumacher-y which i liked. And then his tuxedo which was straight out of the comics. My personal favorite was his silver blazer.

I can't wait to see what else Leto wears further into the DCEU. Ledger's suit looked like a halloween costume in comparison.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hBqEGo8zOcE
youtube.com/watch?v=ZkqyIoYAXV8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He was awesome, just the tatts are kinda lame.

Cracking himself up at jokes he only finds funny, while scaring the fuck out of everyone else. Campy crew and branding. The Clown Prince of Crime, Morrison's Thin White Duke of Death. More the Joker than Ledger's le Edgy Random Hobo Man. He brought fun back to the role.

FUCK MARVEL

DC FOR LIFE BITCHES!!!

He looked like a hot topic threw up on him and he sounded like a bad 90s Jim Carrey impersonator.

He was perfect. Right amount of edge, not too much.
Those tats were HOT AS FUCK, LOL
I bought a similar trench coa at hot topic, it's sexy and my babe loves it

> He can always powder his face to hide it.

Or cut it off.

Damaged was the only bit of the design I didn't like. I'm actually fine with the tattoos and nightclub gangster outfits

A couple of days ago Leto tweeted about the Joker again, dude ain't going anywhere.

I want to see him in the purple suit though.

All these hot topic jabs.. Did everyone forget that Heath's Joker owned hot topic for the longest time during TDK's release?

Amazing detective work, user, time well spent. I have it saved in my Paste app rather than typing it out in these threads.

Op here. Glad that some anons like him too but is Sup Forums fickle or what? I made posts about Leto's joker from time to time, and before the oscar win, you all shunned me or talked shit about him. Post-oscar, it's like he became /ourguy/ all of a sudden.

>Did everyone forget that Heath's Joker owned hot topic for the longest time during TDK's release?
And it's still now one of Hot Topic's best sellers, not to mention it's the edgiest Joker that ever existed, without even resembling the actual character.
More fatties and ugly fuckers can dress up as Ledger's Joker too.

Why are you copy pasting old comments like that? Makes you seem insincere I think.

I'd like it if for each movie he does a different theme for his outfits and look. Though due to flashbacks in Suicide Squad of him always dressing as a gangster, it'd be weird continuity wise

This. Heath was the epitome of edgy. He was a 'fuck the system, dude!' anarchist who cut his mouth on some kind of literal edge just to be edgy.

I could easily see Leto dressing more clownish or wearing the tourist stuff from the killing joke.

>Joker appears screen
>mom starts to freak

M A D M A N
A
D
M
A
N

Oh no really? Lazy, maybe but not insincere. Plus it often triggers MCucks like you which is nice.

It's my genuine opinion. I sincerely believe he did a great job and wish there was more of his performance.

I wish they would have done a red hood flashback at Ace. That would have been another comic goody.

yea it looked bad back then too. Messy edgelord joked just looks stupid but that's what joker fanboys like so that's what were stuck with. Same goes for generic rave slut Harley Quinn.

Most posters were too young then honestly

Yeah i liked him too.
He really projected that sense of a thin veneer of joviality hiding an unbalanced psychopath. You could feel how uncomfortable and nervous people were to be around him.

Didn't care for his true love angle with harley. I preferred the favorite pet thing they shared in the animated series

Rave girl? She looked more like a roller derby girl.

Y'know, they had the set and Ben Affleck, they could've been like "Hey Ben, push this guy wearing a red dome on his head for a second," then have it flash as Joker looks at the vat of chemicals

What is on his back?

I enjoyed his dark edgy look, and his wicked sense of humour.

Agreed. If i sat down to talk with Ledger's J, i wouldn't be scared. I would probably enjoy listening to what he had to say. Leto on the other hand was a feral beast who was completely unpredictable. He reminded me of Tuco from breaking bad.

There's a good reason Suicide Squad won an Oscar

Impeccable character designs

The DCEU is over lmao

Woah...

So this is the power .... of poopkino
youtube.com/watch?v=hBqEGo8zOcE

i really liked ledger's joker but yeah, there wasn't that sense of danger whenever he was in the room

He has a dragon tattoo according to this toy.

Which is presumably a reference to All Star Batman & Robin
Why you would want to reference All Star Batman & Robin is beyond me.

Well, they didn't show it.

Best Joker coming through

Holy shit, I never noticed.

Morrison's Joker, through all its iterations over the past 20 or so years, is indeed the best. He literally wrote the book on the character.

Because Leto asked Morrison for advice?

I wish his skin was as white as it was in this music video. Several scenes in the movie it looked like a normal skin tone.

>uses "fact" and "objectively" in the same statement
lmao redundant af, opinion discarded.

he's right though

Drew Russell pulls it off better.

Oops. This video.

All Star Batman & Robin is pretty great, and when you look at it in context of Miller's other Batman works, it makes sense that young Miller Batman was fucking insane - he's not exactly all there in TDKR.

Joker having a dragoon tattoo on his back is retarded though, I'll give you that.

Not that user but, Miller did All Star Batman, Morrison All Star Superman, if thats what you mean

pic unrelated

>funko
ahahahahahhaha

yea those shots were some of the best he's looked, there's a lot of potential if DC stops fucking him about and deleting his best work

Fits perfect.

Nope. The funko looks like ass. At least that one sort of looks like the joker.

the scene where he offers his chick tho that black guy was cringy as fuck. completely ruined the character for the rest of the movie. fucking shit actor. make up was good though.

>the scene where he offers his chick tho that black guy was cringy as fuck

this is truth. had potential still though, we'll see

none of this matters since suicide squad was one of the worst capeshit movies ever made. the only one in recent memory that was as bad was maybe daredevil.

Do you think Monster T was trying to steal from him or go behind his back somehow, and he knew, but monster T didn't know he knew? Would explain it better than just killing him over a vulgar compliment toward harley.

I don't get this complaint. Is this like a 'cuck' meme thing, or do you mean the word 'tense,' which is what it was, and what films are supposed to be.

Some criminal thought he was cool enough w the boss to try and compliment his waifu. Being a literally insane serial killer, the Joker tweaked out and fucked with him, making it super tense and terrifying for everyone, before killing him. Pretty par for the course.

He was fucking shit

Who would praise his performance?

It was laughable when he tried to act tough, and put that stupid as fuck smile tattoo up to his mouth

The Batman is fucked unless he completely changes his portrayal of the joker

This

>Who would praise his performance?

Non-Nolan babies, people who don't go along w/ the facebook meme of him sucking and think for themselves, that kinda thing.

Even Caesar Romero was better than Leto

>implying that Cesar Romero wasn't very good

Your opinion doesn't mean jack squat anymore. You don't exist.

>Caesar
You disgust me.

when you type it out it sounds ok. but the acting was so trash. i liked the look of the joker enough but all the potential is ruined by letos no existent acting ability.

his laugh sounded fucking retarded too. forced as fuck.

Jesus Christ he's obsessed.

Daily reminder that David Ayer said this music video was canon.

Daily reminder that he told Jared Leto that this was part of the movie too.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZkqyIoYAXV8

Daily Reminder that August 2016 was one of the most surreal months in Hollywood history.

It's a terrible comic that only make sense in the contest of DKR2.

Leto as the joker was great. The character itself is pretty cringey. The whole gangster with tats thing didn't feel "joker" to me. Also some parts were cringe. I feel if they showed the rest of Leto's scenes that it could be great since his performance was on point

Haven't been on Sup Forums in a couple of months, so I'm unsure if this is all some sort of reoccurring jokes I'm not in on.

If not, fucking hell you all sound like edgy teenagers, go back to the kikebook Sup Forums page

Why would the acid melt the color off their clothing? Is that Joker juice? Why doesn't Joker weaponize it or something? Why isn't her skin bleached too?

what are you trying to say?

I can't understand this picture, it looks like a predator trying to eat a cabbage

It's Harley and Joker in chemical waste.

making shitty threads is basically the running joke at the moment

>They reshot a ton of scenes after screen testing went not great
>they didn't bother to reshoot the Joker scenes after the public backlash of the reveal of this Joker design.

If anything, Leto's Joker would make more sense in a Batman Beyond setting, where it's really just some moron adopting the visage and being a real poor imitation of the real thing.

Panic averted, nearly thought I wasted 11 years of my life

nah its pretty good all things considered, getting pat the awful editing its has more merit then pretty much 90% of capeshit.

Hate to break it to you, but that happened as well.

The show or movie?

HONKA HONKA

but leto's a great fucking actor

Hunka hunka

fuck DC after this shitfest

I've lost all hope in capeshit

It's not a faithful take on the role but I think it is a good one.

He fit in with what the movie wanted though, which was essentially Le Edgy DCU.

It's a shame that marvel's left feeling "super" up to the DC movies though. It's about the only thing they're getting right with these films.

A dark templar?

>It's a shame that marvel's left feeling "super" up to the DC movies though.
?

I can't see it. Perhaps I can convince you of my way.

>PG13
>music says the eff word
That's the first and last time I take my sister's son to a DC movie.

>I'm fucked up

Yeah that's the only use of it in the entire movie.

JOKINO
O
KINO
I
N
O

Agreed, those boxing shorts were fucking sick and i wish we got a clearer shot of them. The 'gimmicky' joker like Nicholson is back, baby!

The uglies can still take a stab at cosplaying Leto, but personally i'd feel terrible about myself.

As long as you're not fat, anyone can pull off ledger.

See?

I feel like Jared's Joker needs a full movie to help himself in the eyes of audience members who didn't take to him in Suicide Squad. Perhaps addressing the issues people had with him, but keeping him close enough to how he was in Suicide Squad for those who liked him

I really hope he's the main villain in 'the batman' and deathstroke is a side player. Or fucking give us Croc and do him right this time. Batman should have horror elements and truly wacky villains, not spec ops assassins.

With that being said, this is now a KC thread. After all, he's the makeup job that won DC the oscar, amirite?

you know, Skwad wasnt amazing, good fun, but really badly edited. But the recent Sup Forumsthreads have been really fucking comfy.

Shits nice yo!

Hell, why not a whole movie to himself. If Suicide Squad, Gotham City Sirens, Harley Quinn, Black Adam and Deadshot can get one, why not Joker? Do a gang warfare movie, Joker vs Two-Face, Joker vs Penguin, or even Joker vs both

That would be fucking cool. Then Batman shows up and they all start fighting him temporarily, then go back to trying to kill eachother.

I demand the suit.