Why does Sup Forums hate Rick and Morty so much? Is it just because it's popular?

Why does Sup Forums hate Rick and Morty so much? Is it just because it's popular?

>reddit and memey

Finn makes me happy.

Yes.

Me on the left.

What's that thicc bitchs name

It's one of those shows that's decent, but completely ruined by the fanbase.

How is it decent? Literally Rddit the show

Hey my name's Matt. 22, studying coding. My favorite movies are The Thing, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, and Army of Darkness. I love me some Rick and Morty, Archer, and Breaking Bad. I can't live without my cat, my girlfriend (who's an avid gamer) and of course REDDIT

same as anything else that is unfunny.
and the word popular literally means lowest common denominator.

i watched most of the first episode, and i didn't think it was funny. the characters seemed to hate each other. yeah, you're saying i should give it a chance, but how many episodes do i have to watch before i join the chortling meme crowd who quote the catchphrases to each other like passwords to their secret club?

> 42! Don't forget your towel!
> aww.. BELGIUM, man, BELGIUM!

I don't think ANYONE considers Temple as their favorite Indy.

I recently started dating the female version of this, I hope i can keep my autism suppressed.

me2

>I hope i can keep my autism suppressed
Good luck. Remember that all women have shit taste in everything so it's not like you're going to do better if you dump her. Just try be patient and remember she will never understand why she is wrong.

fag

It's the whole edgy and depressed vibe it gives off on most episodes. There can be a consistently good episode but then they will throw some edgy or depressed ending into it, trying to throw you off like "wow this cartoon is so deep". Vonnegut used to do this excellent presentation about how all stories can be measured on a line graph with highs and lows of emotional content.

Rick and Morty has a nihilistic stance on an idealistic universe which dips and peaks harshly on that graph. The contrasting themes aren't terrible but there is no real meaning to those meaningful moments. The show strings you along by acting like Rick has this troubled past but it ends up just coming across as Reddit.

Now by what I mean by it coming across as Reddit, is that it wallows in self-pity and what are essentially "white people problems". I say this as a white person, but you notice Reddit and that have these false burdens that they like to put upon themselves because they have none, like a rich white girl who fucks black guys for the danger.

It is quintessentially Reddit to force yourself to have problems, to feel marginalised, etc. You see it everywhere and it defines much of the millennial generation. Forcing themselves to have problems they don't need and then ignoring actual issues. Basically these people look above them for the high road and not understand that the ground beneath them is crumbling.

>TL;DR it's Reddit as fuck son.

Eat a dick Swaim.

I just don't think it's funny.

>The contrasting themes aren't terrible but there is no real meaning to those meaningful moments

Furthermore, the highs and lows just feel exceptionally hollow because they are such forced melodrama. It just goes to show how weak the comedy, sci-fi and general fantasy themes are in television today. The one thing Rick and Morty does well is fantasy world building, which shouldn't really be a hard thing and something that the entertainment industry should attempt much more. Instead we get intellectual properties that are 80 years old. Rick and Morty is a product of a industry that can profit from risk but does not take them because the market is stable. Look at the 80's and all the stupid shit that came out then. People took risks because they that was how the real payoff came.

Fuck up Justin, go do some Nickelodeon voices and live in Tom Kenny's shadow your whole life.

It's because it's popular for the wrong reasons.

>reddit
dont do this. is cancer.

Sup Forums is salty they didn't like it first, that's the only reason you see threads about it

>TL;DR it's Reddit as fuck son.
dont do this. is cancer.

you embarrass Sup Forums when you talk about reddit like some its your cool older brother and you're trying to show how edgy you are by whining about him.

The lack of Elevens is disturbing.