During the council of elrong Gimli breaks his axe into pieces trying to destroy the ring with it but then a couple...

during the council of elrong Gimli breaks his axe into pieces trying to destroy the ring with it but then a couple minutes later he holds up his axe and tells Frodo "AND MY AXE!"

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON???

It was his second breakfast ax that he broke. He could spare it.

that was his father's axe

I could have sworn it was a double-sided axe which was broken into a single-sided axe.

Dwarves carry at least two axes.

this

His axe was back on the menu so he bought another really quickly.

The eagle delivered him a spare.

>doubting a dwarf doesn't usually carry more than 1 axe

can anyone confirm this???

Yeah, what was his axe policy?

he had a backup axe in his ankle holster idiot

Gloin was there and he had an axe and when everyone was flexing and stepping up and shit Gimli was like "shit I gotta represent the Dwarves but my axe broke, dad gimme your axe real quick" and Gloin was like "sure lil nigga, just remember I need this axe back" and Gimli was all "Yeah sure I'll use my other axe when I go but that's in my room I just need this one to step up right now" and Gloin was like "aight", then Gimli was all "AND MY AXE!" and Legolas looked at him like "nigga yo axe broke!" and Gimli looked at him like "whatever at least I'm putting work in just let everyone have a moment right now" and Elrond was like "You shall be The Fellowship of the Ring (tm)" and Gimli was all "Das it mayne.".

upvoted xP

@6600
what goes through someone's mind when they look at this type of post and hover over Submit?

Gimli likes axes.

its mention explicitly multiple times that gimli has more than one axe, all dwarves do.
even in the movie he kills orcs with throwing axes.

Axes are the best weapon

can he deduct used axes as a work expense?

Staff>sword>bow>axe

"fuck it, I already typed it out"

He wasn't in the fellowship at the time he broke his first axe so it wasn't a valid expenses claim.

>its mention explicitly

[citation needed]

He dual wields you piece of shit