Well...at least it was better than Warcraft

Well...at least it was better than Warcraft.

no it wasn't

it wasnt which is pretty pathetic considering warcraft had no A listers

warcraft wasnt bad at all, ive never played that game and enjoyed it. i liked the wizard shit a lot

i also never played assassins creed. is it like the plot of the movie? like the missions you go on are flashbacks or recreations from the past as well?

It felt really bland. Literally nothing stood out about this film except the fact that Fassbender is a good actor.

At least Warcraft had some pretty fantasy magic shit to look at.

Aye

cool

no it fucking wasn't. This was fucking abysmal. Warcraft was just mediocre shit.

It's a poor man's version of the plot from the first game or two. You're a dude that they put in the animus to find the location of the apple of eden. There's all sorts of backstory about aliens and stuff that they don't get into in the movie.

Also, they don't have a hotel full of trained assassins hanging out playing basketball, it's just the one dude.

They're flashbacks that he sees in his mind.

There's probably three different wikis devoted to all the lore, but I never finished 3 I think it was where they wrapped up the main plot.

interesting, ill give it a go sometime

this movie was for praticians like White, not for plebs

The first one is a little tough to get into mechanically, but I played it on a projector and it was glorious. The sidequests can get really tedious so I'd recommend skipping a 100% completion and just powering through the main story.

Once you've finished that the second game is a fucking masterpiece. You really feel like you're exploring Renaissance Italy on vacation while being a master thief and killer.

Then there's two standalone expansions or whatever you want to call it that are fairly similar mechanically but move the story along.

It's actually 5 games through to finish the storyline. AC1, AC2, AC: Brotherhood, AC: Revelations, and AC3.

If you want the full story there's a shitload of content. Sorry for the wall of text.

nah its cool on the txt wall, ive always wanted to play it but i work a lot and lately ive been able to play long games. i literally just started playing skyrim and i like it. assassins creed is next

also, are the mechanics like "hitman" or "GTA"?

Enjoy!

GTA honestly. The only Hitman mechanic is the ability to hide the body, and select missions where you steal the clothes of some fucker, but those are a rarity.

Really? Warcraft was Dungeons & Dragons-tier but without the self-awareness. Yes, THAT D&D that people like to pretend doesn't exist.

THANKS!

Alright lads, what game would've been better off adapted into movie form?

I was thinking Black Flag but it would've been way too short to do it justice unless it's a one-off adventure of Edward Kenway.

For a whole story, it would be best for either Unity or Rogue. Hell, those two are already connected.

Just two actually. The other is a fandom wikia. The current one hasn't been as well updated as it used to be for some sections.

also better than Silence

>bland brown and bloom action movie
or
>best depiction of mages/magic in any movie ever
Pick one. Even with its downsides, parts of Warcraft are the most visually impressive thing I've ever seen

This was probably one of the worst flicks I've seen in recent memory.

They should have just made a tv show instead with each season focusing on a different period and the present day part used to keep everything together

Warcraft was bad but atleast somewhat visually interesting. Ass Creed was bit more competent but flat as Angelina's tits.

Both are awful.

Yeah but who would have the budget for that? Granted Black Sails did work because the producers poured enough money for it but I guess if ubi won't make a sequel for it, they could go the Netflix route so they can do R-rated without alienating the underaged fans, but they won't get a lot of money from that.

The short film they made for ACII was better than the actual movie.

that was based on a video game?

Dude that The Crown series has 122 Mil per season budget. Some other by Baz Luhrmann clocks in at 113. They wasting mad money. Not that they would or should in this crap, mind. Look at Marco Polo.

No but it premiered like a year after Black Flag and word of the show spread around mostly through the Black Flag fandom, like in the same time the Ezio trilogy released Brotherhood then the following year a tv series focusing on the Borgia rule premiered.

>The Crown
Jesus, the brits really wants some great Elizabeth series. I should check that out next time.

>Marco Polo
How exactly do Netflix shows gain dosh anyway?

oh ok, nice doubles

>i liked the wizard shit a lot

well that settles it, warcraft is a great film because of "the wizard shit"

>Fassbender is a good actor.

get off your high horse , faggot. go back to red dit

The first Assassins Creed is actually the best story wise I thought it would make a decent movie, probably because all the other dumb elements come in the second and third game.

All there is,is a normal dude in the future, he signed up voluntarily to explore the memories of his ancestors. And his ancestor is tasked to kill several people from the templar order who seem to have a good plan for the holy land, and you're never sure if you're on the right side. Video game stories are really bad so this was a good example of moral ambiguity. Assassins Creed II gets rid of this and it's basically just dumb teenage fulfillment fantasy

There's no magical McGuffin and knights Templar actually belong in this time period.

Yeah, it's a shame it's considered as the most boring due to the tedious investigations. The Templars weren't completely evil too. They adapted this into the Kenway Saga, which they discarded in Ezio trilogy and the Unity games.

more like ASS ASS ins creed

Warcraft was actually pretty good

i dong get it

>when gul'dan takes his shirt off

you seem confused

youre mom is confused

Has there ever been a good video game movie?

world of warcraft, and mortal kombat

Angry Birds and Doom

>this is what millenials and underages actually believe

joke is on you, im actually 56

As someone who has played most of the Warcraft games and every Assassin's Creed game, both films were garbage for the same reasons

>Frenetic pacing
>Too much explanation of some things and not enough of others
>Weak story adaptations

The biggest crime though was Warcraft nullifying all of its hefty CGI spending with some awful costume design and makeup. Garona was Rachel-whatsherface-in-Star-Trek-2009 tier and all the armor looked like plastic LARP shit.

Assassin's Creed had decent costuming and the parkour was alright but the camera-work made it all in vain. Both historical and modern storylines were absolute trash too, waste of a good cast.

calm down

No

Video games aren't exactly high art but they do have some interesting stories to tell if people would actually do them right in movie form

ff7 had the best storyline

Too anime for general theater audiences though, unless you want them to Ghost in the Shell it

i loved ghost in the shell, did they really butcher it?

We don't know yet, people are rightly wary of how it will turn out

i fucking loved the score, it was nice.

>better than Warcraft.
Gul'dan was fucking based you nigger. He made the whole movie worthwhile.

Warcraft was okay-ish
Asscreed was bad because of the animus plot, if they worked that better hnnng something good could be pulled out... but meh let's fuck things up
Too many things to explain in a small amount of time really kills things.

THE KING OF THIS BOARD