Why does Australia always get the best cunts?

Seriously. I'm fucking sick of it. You get the Waughs. The Warnie. The Warner. Fuck off Aussie.

Must be a better coaching and domestic structure. Other nation's domestic leagues aren't as good for creating world class test cricketers.

England suck because the county circuit isn't really up to standard.

Superior DNA and hardened by a life of being bantered

i know nothing about cricket but was doing some wikipedia reading recently and started reading about all the county associations.
i tried going to individual county websites to learn more and was surprised at how shitty some of the websites were. is county cricket not popular?

I heard some 38 year old Indian Kiwi was ripping it up.

Nah, nobody really cares about county cricket. I go to a few days at Lords each year but the county games are rarely busy.

The popularity of it isn't the thing. It's the conditions they play in. The wickets all favour swing bowling and offer very little to pure pace bowlers. There's also a lot of playing days for english county players, meaning fast bowlers back off their case to preserve themselves and prevent injuries.

It also means English batsmen dont practice much against the short ball or proper quicks.

is the placement of the wickets not standardized or something?

huh?

The environment and quality of wickets varies. This affects the amount of bounce, the amout of spin and turn, the natural deviation of the ball when it bounces.

It's depends on the soil, how much it's watered, how humid it is, how dry it is etc

love /r/cricket
hate /grig/
it's simple

oh. i took your statement to mean the wickets were like spaced out further or something like that depending on the venue.

nah the wicket is the same dimensions. The boundaries can vary though

Based jannies clearing out the human filth from /cric/

>phoneposting

so the same as baseball basically.

there is nothing wrong with phoneposting

Look, we haven't been that good since 2005 all right, you guys have Kane so stfu

Ask England, abo.

>England suck more than we do
>Therefore were good

I wish it worked like that mate, where gonna get smacked around by south Africa

SA aren't that hot right now. If you played them at home you'd crush them and any team.

>le can’t play swing or seam but score 100 every time otherwise man
Still can’t decide if I rate him as absolutely elite or a massive flat track bully

These are all the product of a harsh environment, Smoth for example was deposited as a tiny baby in a used clothing bin outside a Smith family charity group collection centre, no one knows his true surname , most orphans in Australia are called Smith. It is known however that he was severely mistreated as a child growing up among all the other larger stronger Smiths.

to clarify he's using wicket as a broad term to refer to the pitch and environment itself and not specifically the three sticks of wood

Why do they call it the wicketkeeper?
Does he pack away the wickets at the end of the days play?

When Jeetan Patel unironically is considered a great batsman you know county cricket is fucked.

yes the stumps have to travel home with the wicketkeeper and he has to bring them in the following day. if he fails to bring the stumps then the game is an automatic draw