What if police in America didn't have guns? Just tazers?

What if police in America didn't have guns? Just tazers?

Then people with guns would feel at ease around police and wouldn't have any reason to pull a gun on an officer. They can just drive away and nobody gets shot. Why would an armed criminal shoot an unarmed cop? If they did shoot they would aim for the arm because there's no point aiming to kill when the cop just has a taser.

I think communities should start trying this option out with having police officers unarmed. If shit gets bad then the police can unlock a gun in their trunk with permission from headquarters. Or headquarters can unlock a gun in every cop car if there is a terrorist or crisis.

I think this is genius. Headquarters unlocking the gun in the car only for when shit is really going down? Otherwise cops shouldn't have a gun - just a taser and pepper spray and baton like the uk police.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fNXdzPTkviM
youtube.com/watch?v=avAH49NY_iY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

dumbest thread of the year

Why. Headquarters can unlock a gun in the car if there are reports of stuff going down. Otherwise no gun to shoot people with so you actually have to police people with your skills and not your gun.

This way less people are shot every year. I don't believe that criminals would shoot an unarmed cop. They would just try to get away.

Cops are here to press charges on people and bring them in. Give them bullet proof glass

Too much logic for pol I guess. I've always been better than this place.

If you consider, with whom guns are most problems, first it would need to disarm the blacks.

In our country (east-europe), only 3% people have guns, and they need a psychological test to get a license.
While there are no blacks in our country beside foreign university students, there are some problems with gypsies, but they are not armed... And we are among world top 10 safest countries.

If gangsters did not have guns, ordinary people would not need guns either, then the police will not need lethal arms either, and the country would be much safer...

Cops would die in the hundreds per day.

It's a great idea. It'll never happen though, it makes too much sense.

Can't do your job without your gun, cause you're too scared faggot? Quit. Quit now before you kill innocent people.

How do you even breathe you retard

Then they would be gunned down by criminals that don't obey the law.

More like this way more police are shot every year.

The only way to reduce the number of people shot by police every year is to educate dumb asses who resist arrest or instinctively reach for a gun whenever cops are around. Those things get you shot.

If cops didn't have guns I would consider not even obeying them, and I'm not even a criminal. I can just imagine how weak they'd look to criminals.

Why don't police use tasers for close range conflict? They act faster than guns and are non lethal.

Are you SERIOUS?!?!
Are you KIDDING ME?!?!
NO to tazers!
Tazers KILL

they'd still have death robots packed with C4

>post yfw first drone killing of US citizen on US soil and it was a dindu

Wrong
Tasers are very unreliable
They need rewinding after every shot
If the criminal is wearing enough clothing, then no dice
Or he could just be a reasonably tough guy who isn't incapacitated by a bit of electricity

This. Tasers have like a 50% failure rate.

Why don't criminals use tasers? I mean, if a taser is so amazing and just like a gun but better and doesn't kill, why don't criminals use them to avoid going to prison for shooting and killing someone?

youtube.com/watch?v=fNXdzPTkviM

Vid related: Effectiveness of tazers

God that was hilarious to see

Wouldn't it mean that every police officer should have 2 of them on hand?

Canada should try this, Trudeau should be happy with it

It's been tried in a few areas.

Crime went up, and police died.

Tasers are unreliable? As in they don't fire?

Latest models has three shots. And obviously the officer has discretion. Most confrontations with guns are one on one. Also cops are trained to unload the entire clip to the center of mass IIRC.

Thick clothing is a downside.

No amount of toughness is going to stop basic physics. Muscles are stimulated by electricity. If you channel electricity through a body you lose control of the muscles.

Are you assuming that the common criminal is a forward thinking person?

These people go looking for any means to get ahead legal or otherwise. If tasers were outright superior, I'm sure they'd adopt them in droves

Why even bother having police if they are effectively useless. Unarmed police would be sitting ducks, a band of a hundred dindu's would steal their car take over the police station. Fuck it we need autonomous death robot police, it can't be rascist because it's not human it doesn't give a fuck about race, just the numbers. And I bet it would still arrest mostly blacks because take a wild guess.

Well, it would certainly eliminate the whole out of control cop situation.

'License and registration'

'What was that officer? I'm sorry I didn't hear you.'

BANG BANG BANG

We find this killing justified. The perp failed to follow a direct order given by the officer and the officer adhered to departmental policy by responding with deadly force.

These people rob convenience stores. It's not even a fallacy of expertise, armed robbers get caught

Holy shit tazers SUCK.

Niggers would go nuts knowing the police are unarmed.

They do carry multiple taser shots. It's not always an option to take the time to reload it, given that people don't like to be attempted to be subdued.

youtube.com/watch?v=avAH49NY_iY

>no amount of toughness

Wrong. It's been proven before that you can resist it for long enough to sever contact with the probes. And fat people are almost immune to Tasers since it needs muscle contact to work.

>he didn't grow up watching AMW with thousands of clips of "regular" traffic stops where dindus open up on cops immediately

there's about 1000-1100 killed by cops a year, about 80% of them are armed and either resist, fight, or outright try to kill police.

your delusion of how blacks in America behave can be forgiven for you being a syrup nigger, seeing as how there are 3 cities where you "might" run into blacks.

Why don't I taser your dick singachink?

>this logic

You're worse than a nigger. You're a pussy nigger. Literally the only reason you don't break laws is because you're scared of cops.

>the whole out of control cop situation
If you've bought into that we have an "out of control cop situation," you're willing to buy into all sorts of foolish "solutions."

Nobody is willing to put the focus where it needs to be: Kids raised in an environment that reinforces hatred and disrespect for all authority, with particular animosity towards police and the laws of the land.

Oh my god just mcfucking kill yourself you leaf. Tazers aren't non-lethal, they are LESS THAN LETHAL. Know what that means regard? That means if you have any sort of heart condition you're fucking dead. Think Tazers are like those funny pen gags? They're not. They literally stop your heart from beating.

Oh yes and if the cops don't have guns, then you know who will? Criminals. Because they don't follow the fucking law. Then we'll see the biggest wave of police shootings the country has ever seen and the number of police will decrease. Crime will take over. We would become what people believe Mexico to be.

Acting like you're so high and mighty. Fuck off bobandy

>I've never seen videos of crackheads pulling tazer prongs out of their own body

But no technology is infallible at all times

Because Najib was "donated" 880 million dollars.

Singapore baka!!! >~

if police did not have guns it will be easier to kill them.
niggers gonna nigg, and cops gonna die

Im American bro. Im just on vacay down under. I haven't bought into shit. Ive seen it with my own eyes. US cops are on a fucking power trip and becoming more militaristic.

Back in the day when theyd come to break up a house party or some shit they treated peope like people. Now they come busting in guns drawn and youre face down on the pavement with a boot on the back of your neck in less than 10 secnds. Shit doesn't need to go down like that. Treat us decently and it will probably result in a "sorry officer, Ill turn the music down' Treat us like subhuman niggers and we get mad.

> commit crimes and harass people then demand that you're a criminal because the police don't treat YOU with enough respect

Who is on a power trip again?

Further more, this whole 'youre not from my country so you don't understand how it is' argument is complete bullshit. Just cuz your an ignorant American that knows jack shit about the rest of the world doesn't mean they don't know shit about you. Ive traveled the world quite a bit and whenever I here 'you just don't understand how it is in this country' its always made by some uneducated hick who has never left their own country. The thing is that all of our situations are pretty similar as we are all ruled over by the same global elite. No one exists in a vaccum. Your problems are global problems and visaversa.

im white. Live in a mostly white area. Small city, about 60,000 people. College students have block parties and cops show up in riot gear and tear gas. Shit didn't use to be like this.

Yes, white college kid. Explain to us how the police need to treat drunk white college kids with more respect and you hate the police because they break up your block party

Would only work if we replaced police with Zap Bots that zap people who do crimes until they fall on the ground. And if one gets attacked it goes in Zap Happy mode and just starts zapping everything around it until nothing is moving.

Are you actually retarded?

>cop pulls you over for a busted tail light
>rather than coming up to the window and asking for your registration and insurance he jumps out of the car gun drawn and demands you get out of the car face down on the pavement and you best comply with his demands pronto because hes got an itchy trigger finger and needs no justification to end you

but this treatment is okay with you right? Because that busted taillight was BREAKING THE LAW and therefor you are a criminal and should be treated like a subhuman piece of shit. Is that really what you are trying to argue? baka 'Murica

If I was on the force, I would just refuse to take action on anything related to African-Americans.

u mad bro?