P O T T E R Y
O
T
T
E
R
Y

I'm sorry George :(

Kid anakin wasn't afraid of anything, Vader was so ass deep in the dark side I doubt he was suffering.

>you now remember Hayden Christianson is going to be in Episode VIII

How grateful do you think he was when Disney called him, even if it's for a cameo?

>Kid anakin wasn't afraid of anything
Except maybe... you know... LOSING HIS MOM?

Wait, what was Kid Anakin afraid of exactly?

I can buy the other three, I guess, but I don't remember fear being a major part of Kid Anakin's characterization in Episode I.

>becomes Vader
"Is Padme okay?"
>"No you killed her."
>queue "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.wav"

He was suffering right then

Which he expressed by having absolutely zero hesitation to leave his mother behind in slavery so he could go train for years on the other side of the galaxy

Fear of losing his mom.
Yoda can sense it when Qui-Gon brings Anakin to the council.
He fears losing his mother.
That's what leads him to anger when she dies and does lose her.

genuinely induces frontal lobe activity

they literally have a scene in Phantom Menace with the jedi council where they say the kid is full of fear and is scared and that is a bad idea to train him

wouldn't ep3 anakin be fear?

I didn't hear about this or look at the leaks. How are they going to do it?

That issue he looks vaguely sad about for like one single shot before running off and getting at most a passing mention and nothing else?

I mean, yeah, he's worried about the mom he's leaving behind, but it's not a driving force of his character or anything.

I'm just saying, if the message here is "Kids shouldn't worry about their mom they left in horrible inescapable slavery," that's kind of fucked up.

Hate refers to the audience's reaction to him by Episode 3 actually.

Vader is a cyborg. Thats it. Thats all there is to his character and story. Nothing more nothing less. He did not exist before and will never do.

He loved being Anakin and wanted to play him in The Clone Wars. That said, I don't think he was exactly groveling to Disney for a cameo. Didn't he move to the middle of nowhere and become a farmer?

Legit can't really remember, I haven't seen the leaks either. But I remember an article saying he was going to have a sorta cameo in it, possibly as a force ghost or just a voice over like Liam Neeson in AotC.

the dark side clouded his mind

whats the difference between anger and hate? its the same thing

>Vader was so ass deep in the dark side I doubt he was suffering.
It's nothing BUT suffering for him.
The only time that he isn't is when he meditates on his anger and uses the force to make himself be able to breathe without a machine.
Except that brings such elation to him that he can't keep his grip on the Dark Side.

Hatred is a very powerful emotion. I'm guessing you've had your understanding of what "hate" is warped and mangled by the histrionic insufferable alt right cunts on this site who say things like "I fucking hate when [completely trivial thing] happens."

You can be angry and not hate something.
He was angry yeah but still loved Padme.
He hated Obi-Wan when he thought he took Padme from him.

Anger is a general feeling, hate is specific to a people or group

Compare "Angry that he couldn't keep him mom from dying" to "burning on the lava shores of Mustafar screaming his hatred to Obi-Wan".

Unfortunately fake, and therefore, gay.

fuck off

Were the prequels actual masterpieces. Being serious.

you got this off of imgur :)

Misunderstood masterpieces, yes. The CG is what brought them down

>alt right
We're discussing fucking movies here you loser.

Episode I would have been a 10/10 movie if Anakin was older and Jar Jar was toned down.

does anyone else rate ROTS way higher than the other prequels? its probably my second favourite star wars film.

sorry Mr. Lucas

I'm not sure about masterpieces, but they don't deserve all the hate
Also this

B-But the RLM guys told me Lucas was a hack!

>there are people in this thread right now that doubted George Lucas
APOLOGIZE
youtube.com/watch?v=2FEKd-cZwWk

I personally think Phantom Menace is better, but I suppose people like RotS because there are lots of lightsaber fights and less Jar Jar

Seriously why doesn't anyone, especially his rich politician friends, think about going back to pick up his mom later?

Jedi are fucking monstrous. Like a kid's not supposed to be worried about his enslaved mom working for some dicknosed space kike with a bomb rigged to kill her if she steps out of line.

>insufferable alt right cunts

Part of the point of the PT was that Jedi being too stuck in their ways was destroying them.

They never expected the Sith to get political, they expected that one day a fleet would appear above Coruscant and just have evil people come out.

They never thought maybe attachments aren't all bad.

Also Palpatine was evil.

>Lucas didn't stay making things like THX
>instead we get this bullshit made to sell toys
Worst timeline desu

YOUNGLINGS
O
U
N
G
LINGS

fair enough, if gungans werent in TPM i would enjoy it a lot more. that said, i loved it as a kid and duel of fates is a GOAT cinematic score

This is what happens when writers make broad sweeping pseudo intellectual statements.

You get some fan thinking the writing is amazing because the puzzles pieces fall into a picture without any edges.

>emotion leads to emotion, that leads to emotion that leads to another emotion

rearrange any of those words and it still comes out the same and the pictures still fucking match. its like poetry...

He turned back before he left, showing hesitation, he also was moping on the ship thinking about her and even padme tries to consol him.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

who /edgelord/ here

That's like saying Rey isn't a Sue because she got kidnapped by Kylo.

At least that has a logical progression and isn't utterly interchangeable.

Strength leads to power, but power doesn't lead to strength. So on with every one of them.

Meanwhile, fear, anger, hate, suffering all seem interchangeable. Can't suffering lead to fear which leads to hatred leads to anger? Can't anger lead to hatred leads to suffering leads to fear? It's nonsense.

>that lame art for the sequels
Did they find a professional painter yet?

>Can't anger lead to hatred leads to suffering leads to fear?

most likely yes, and nobody is claiming otherwise
yoda was just speaking his typical jedi wisdom
it's not like yoda's line is a definitive view on how your state of mind progresses

>yoda was just speaking his typical
So even Yoda's own sentence might've been out of order.

JUST

>I
>T

>W
>A
>S

>K
>I
>N
>O

>A
>L
>L

>A
>L
>O
>N
>G

I'll be eternally pissed for what they did with Jacen Solo.

So much potential there for a perfect dark side character and they just shit all over him.

Yoda is not a smart man. Just listen to his the way he forms a sentence.
Was he autistic?

Too bad he was always shown as kind of irked, but never as someone who would murder babies for fun. That's until Sheev flipped his evil switch and made him pledge allegiance to the graveyard smash.

Yeah, I'm sorry I had to suffer through your 3 movies of brain damage.

Anakin's anger in Episode 2 isn't clearly linked to his fear in Episode 1.

Anakin just comes off as an asshole teenager at the start in Episode 2. Sure he goes back and murders sand people, but honestly, it was bungled from the start. It only belatedly gives Anakin a reason to be angry and then his vengeful rampage seems A: entirely justified and B: for the greater good anyway. Seriously, he killed a tribe of barbarian murderers who apparently kidnap people in order to torture them to death. How is this morally worse than the hundreds of bad guys jedi murder in both the prequels and all the stormtroopers Luke kills in the OT?

He killed women and children too.

Like animals.

Barbarian women and children who assisted in the brutal torture of innocent people whom they violently kidnapped.

They were garbage. Anyone who disagrees has autism.

the jedi and luke for fighting for freedom from the empire/separatists, greater good

anakin killed them solely for revenge, selfish. Now if anakin killed them while they were raiding or raping then that'll be different.

it's a weak difference, but it is there.

>B-B-B-but me and all the other kids on the playground loved them when our mom's boyfriends took us to see them

kys

So killing them WHILE they're raiding and raping is fine, but killing them to PREVENT raiding and raping isn't?

What, is it like tag or hide and seek? Once they reach home base, they're good? They raided and raped. They tortured and murdered. The fact that they made it home makes that okay?

And laid out many mostly-compelling reasons why.

Whereas this simply notices some symmetry to a dumb line that is told to us in the first movie, as if it's somehow shocking to us that they had the basic idea of parts two and three figured out by that point.

Here's a hint dumbshits, they already knew Anakin would grow up to be Vader. Predicting Anakin's tragic fall in episode 1 isn't kino. IT's barely average. Everyone already knew how it would go.

I do love this poster though.

from my point of view sand cannot be people.

yes, you asked for the difference in morality and that's it. Anakin was the aggressor while the jedis/luke were respondents. While the sand people are sleeping and camping they are no danger to anyone and Anakin butchering was straight up murder, whereas the jedi/luke murder in defence.

In your case I don't think you needed to see the movies.

That's not even a great poster.

Yeah, okay, I get the Vader symbolism, I get the idea behind it, but that's entry-level symbolism.

The shadow doesn't match Anakin's pose and clothing. Managing to dress him in a way that looks innocuous but believably casts that shadow's shape would be better, make it look like it's a carefully calculated non-coincidence rather than HEY GUYS LOOK THIS IS VADER SYMBOLISM GUYS DID YOU SEE IT??? SYMBOLISM HERE GUYS, WE'RE PRETTY FUCKING CLEVER FORESHADOWING THE ENDING YOU KNOW ABOUT ALREADY.

And it's not like it would even be hard, cloaks are common and realistic desert wear (look at traditional arab dress - they dress that way in a desert clime for a reason!) and the helmet could've been mimicked by a hairstyle or probably easier to use some kind of cap or helmet.

The concept of using his shadow to tease that he'd become Vader is, ultimately, entry level symbolism. Shadows are a classic reflection of a person. The only thing less subtle they could've done is showing Vader in a mirror.

However, it is framed well in that the stark, bright sunlight sharply contrasts his shadow, therefore calling attention to it. However, it's not an artistic, thoughtful, ultimately creative enough symbol to warrant hanging the entire poster on. There's nothing else in the frame at all, nothing to get lost in, no reason to feel like I've seen something subtle and foreboding. It doesn't hint at it, it screams it in your face, and anyone over the age of ten would figure out that the imagery isn't just "a kid walking in a desert."

The only other thing to remark on is that Anakin is walking away from his home with his head down, and I think that symbolism is so obvious and entry-level I don't need to break it down to explain it.

>they're no danger to anyone
Except for how they're resting up in order to g o on another raid tomorrow, and how they have tied-up kidnapping victims who are being neglected and brutalized to death in their camp at the time he gets there.

Except for all those victims and the victims they will pursue tomorrow, sure, they're no danger to anyone.

If they really wnated Anakin to cross the moral event horizon there, A: they shouldn't have continued to try to make him sympathetic for an entire 'nother movie's worth of scenes and have to make him KILL YOUNGLINGS [snerk] in the next movie to prove he's evil, and B: he should've gone on and killed people who were not directly involved, like an unrelated tribe of sand niggers.

>but the women and children dindu nuffin
Except for how they definitely knew and went along with the men (and we're not actually told it's just sand niggers' males that kidnap and torture people for no reason, given their clothing, how do we know women and older children didn't go along for the raids?) and supported it.

>kidnap a woman on the streets in a violent armed attack
>tie her to a post in my basement
>force myself on her
>beat her
>neglect her until she's dying
>the police figure out it was me
>they raid my house in the middle of the night
>SWAT team rushes in
>I get up and stumble out to see what all the commotion is about
>see strangers in my house, grab something to fight them with
>SWAT team shoots me

>waw why were the police so violent I dindu nuffin I wasn't a danger to noone
Yeah, pretty sure murder, armed violence, kidnapping, torture etc constitutes being a danger to others.

Nobody needed to see those pieces of shit.

those sand people did nothing more than defend themselves from invading immigrants

The prequels are good movies. End of story

So at worst, he unnecessarily killed the young children, at least those too young to be morally culpable. We don't know enough about the sand people's physiology and such to determine how many that was or how old that would be, but we can assume at least some existed.

However, if he killed every man and woman of age in the village, he would basically be dooming all the younglings to death anyway. After all, we can see that they live in an incredibly harsh environment. Would leaving them to die in the desert be morally worse than killing them?

What about the hundreds of other sith lords that weren't forced into a torture suit?

They're not movie canon.

What about Sheev? How is he suffering? He seems to get exactly what he wanted, at most he suffers some physical pain from the Jedi attacking him, but it doesn't seem to actually stop him, in fact he seems to have been planning on it.

Six movies later, he only "suffers" when Vader throws him down a well.

Nice rundown user.

>?

shitty reasons. Sorry Red cuck media. Atleast you got nu-star wars to look forward to heh?

>le Vader is suffering meme
This is one of the worst parts with the prequels and the EU made it even worse with it's cringewrothy comic books where Vader is all "CRAWLING IN MY SKIN" and crying all the time coupled with the fact that his suit is apparantly making him be in constant pain and shit. It really makes him seem less threatening. If there's one thing I liked about Rogue One is that they tried to undo some of this damage.

Fuck off, that autistic "Vader's suit is a torture device" bullshit is not canon anymore. Rogue One even had him sleep in a bacta tank

Regardless of how bad the prequels are (and they are save a few cool spots and the music) Sup Forums and other internerds have really opened up more than they initially were and make them better in my head when I think about things like op picture and people's interwoven theories of ...

While I do agree (save a couple cool scenes and good music)
Pictures like ops make me imagine them better
Sup Forums and other Web nerds have made the prequels better for me
The interwoven stories that people have concocted and the like have the prequel stories OK in my head
That being said I will not watch them because it completely pops my head cannon balloon
If I may how old are you by saying they suck (and yes they do)

You're the kind of guy I would beers with
thumbsupfonzie.jpg

I honestly hare Disney star wars more than any Lucas fuck ups
The bacta thing is yet another reason

>hare
Hate*

That's bullshit.
My fear lead to objective hate then to nothingness.
Why you gotta be angry or a little bitch dwelling on the past?

Anger is along the lines of frustration.
Hate is along the lines of disgust.

I got a lot of edge in me, but not none of that sudo-weeb shit.

Question: Are "nerds" the normie equivalent to weebs?

No, geeks are the western equivalent of weebs.

Instead of being obsessed with Japanese teenage-focused culture, they're obsessed with western teenaged-focused culture.

Just made me think... Does Anakin even agree to go with Qui Gon? Episode I is foggy as I have seen it maybe 3 times and not once in the last 10 years. Is there anything in his dialogue or behavior that suggests he´s reluctant to become a Jedi? I highly doubt it but if there is, that would be neat.

I HATE THEM

He wants to but I honestly get a sense of "he doesn't know what he's getting into because he's like fucking ten years old at this point".

However, I don't think that was deliberate by the writers, because that's honestly too much moral ambiguity for Star Wars.

"you are poor so you are afraid, therefore you can't become a Jedi and live a life of luxury, carry a laser sword, and jump out of buildings with absolutely no fear of death. It's okay, just go back and live in complete poverty again because you give me a bad vibe.

Why didn't they just admit that all poor people should just go die.

>Phantom Menace was about fear

youtube.com/watch?v=PFcWCpxynuA

Look how terrified this young boy looks when fighting in a war, you can tell he's constantly worried about his slave mother.

>tfw I tell myself I'm a jedi so it's an excuse for my perpetual loneliness and always being alone

So worried that they never went and rescued her.

Actually it is

youtube.com/watch?v=pWvoFE7W288

starwars in garbage

only 2 of the originals are good even as a kid

the franchise is just a meme now