So we can all admit monsterkino has officially blown capeshit out of the water, yes?

So we can all admit monsterkino has officially blown capeshit out of the water, yes?

>Monsterkino > Capeshit
>Monsterkino < Capekino

If this hadn't launched within of the greatest capekinos ever released (Logan) it would've been received a whole lot better.

Godzilla suffered from monster screen time, Kong lacked main character focus.Both were fun I suppose. That said, I do want to see Rodan, Mothra, and King Ghidorah

it beat Logan at the box office. Sorry.

this

BvS > Godzilla 2014 > Man of Steel > Kong >>>>>>>> capeshit (pretty much all of marvels output)

Kong was mediocre desu, though if you just want some mindless monster mashing then you'll get what you need.

No it didn't. Logan is almost at 500 million and looking to make Deadpool numbers. Kong will barely scrap 300 million at the end of it's run due to all of the other blockbusters coming out.

You're probably 13 years old. It's spring break in some places now, isn't it?

Why does Godzilla get so much shit? It was a fun monster movie

The thing is there isn't and wont be capekino. It's a myth

I'm 20 and exclusively watch patrician films.

>BvS above MoS
Fucking killyourself, even MoS is better than BvS what the fuck, even Kong it's better than BvS

No idea, thought it was great personally. Its only failing is that Bryan Cranston dies, and Kong also makes that same mistake with John Goodman's character.

I dont think so user, even if it hurts, the true really is that Kong will win the box office against Logan

Nope, you got caught up on the hate bandwagon.

It was a fun movie. That's about all I can say.

I enjoyed Shin Godzilla. Would I like this movie?

maybe but it's hard to tell, if you liked godzilla 2014 you'll like it

Batman Begins, TDK, Hellboy1+2, and Logan are he only good capemovies out there.

Kaiju genre overall is better with tho OG Godzilla, Gamera trilogy, Shin Godzilla and others

>Capekino

>13 year olds have spring break
What the fuck? How come I've never heard of this? Did my school district cuck me?

Yeah you will. It has Sam Jackson going Capt Ahab trying to napalm a gorilla and crazy John C. steals the movie

What the fuck was up with the direction of this movie? It felt like the director was trying to be Zack Snyder but Zack Snyder's style is already shit so it doesn't leave much room for quality. The slow-mo was way too overused desu

>born too late to explore earth
>born too early to explore space
>born just in time to witness the revival of kaijukino

I would chose a movie about giant monsters and uncharted islands over dudes is foam every fucking day. And I didn't like Skull Island.

but that's not a picture of shin godzilla

absolutely

It was trying to pay homage/emulate Apocalypse Now and some other Vietnam War movies. Some of the stylized shots were really cool, some were lame and amateurish. This movie's greatest sin is the blatant China pandering with the obligatory no name Chinese actress taking up screen time constantly but barely saying anything and providing absolutely nothing to the story.

You didn't actually watch BvS did you?

you don't have a clue what direction is if you thought this film was harping on Zach Synders style

Not that user, but by this do you mean "if you liked the godzilla scenes in 2014, then you'll like it?" because they were the only ones I liked in that movie which I would say was horrible otherwise (in reference to the human scenes and how they played them post cranston).

yeah pretty much, the film shows king kong quite a bit.

Movie is like a 5/10.
Also hated that the movie was restricted by its PG-13 rating and how it obviously to break out of it.
2005's King Kong was a lot less ridiculous with its character deaths.

why couldn't the front and tail end of 2005 king kong be as good as the skull island scenes, it would've been the GOAT kong movie.

his name's Krang Kongs. his kinda th' keng around 'ere

Why do you think acting contrarian makes you better? How does it make you better?

I like swords.
th'other guys on th'island like big guns but I don't like guns.
I like ninja swords.
I had a japanrese friend who taught me how t'hold it jus' right.
you c'n do allot more with swords an'they looks cool

we got chase by some big lizards. I call em school crawlers cus they crawl outta th'ground

I told em t'listen to me cus I been on this friggin island for twenty eight ninety n-twenty eight years here. but go ahead n' run aroun' th' jungle s'good for yer health.

Not really? I was surprised at how little Kong was in the movie. He shows up somewhat frequently but it's like for a minute each outside of the main fights.

Speaking of which, sooo little Skull Crawler action. Disappointed me.

I tol' em Krang kong is GOD! when you're in God's house you don't go knockin' doors. buncha dopes.

you're just pulling shit out of your ass

Logan is loved by all and Skull Island is trash

Spiderman 1 & 2, Winter Soldier, Dark Knight, Hellboy 1 & 2, and Logan

fixed that for you

the entire movie was kong and skull crawlers. this must be well crafted bait 8/10 got me to reply.

See this sword? Randy Jackson signed it

lel'd hard

It was a fun move once John C Reilly showed up, but aside from him, everyone was miscast and the script and direction were almost as if some shitty MovieMaker AI program were in charge

I kept getting the vibe that it was directed by someone who had previously only done advertisements and music videos

Skull crawlers were cool up to a point, but they should have had a better final boss than just an extra large skull crawler

Movie has some very good visuals. A lot of nice screen savers. But the story didn't do it for me.

>Be sure to be lookin' in those tree tops fellas, cause there might be giant picnic ants creepin' and crawlin' above ya. Except they dont want no picnic food, they want your face! Be chirpin' like birds, but I know! You can't fool me ants!

>movie was written like shit
>didn't have any idea what it's own tone was
>killed off all the wrong characters
>terrible, drawn out transformers final action sequence
>worst implementation of slow motion in a movie thus far
>character development as shallow as a puddle
>John C Reilly is still funny

He's right though.
Kong is in it about the same. maybe a little more, as Godzilla in the 2014 movie.
The skullcrawler action is also boring.

Yes it will but this movie was garbage

they told you the entire movie that the final boss was an extra large skull crawler

What else were they supposed to spring on you?

But the beginning and end of Skull Island are the worst parts of the movie.

>stupid badly directed opening scene with young John C. Reiley and the dude from Unbroken (who was wasted like all of the other actors). And no fucking storm aparently??
>Suicide Squad-esque introduction of the main "characters" punctated by 70s music, they have no chemistry with each other at all
>shitty CGI storm scene with the helicopters and Sam Jackson's retarded speech (also hold onto your butts!! XD watch me reference better movies guys)
>Brie Larson being an annoying feminist liberal

>Tom Hiddleston's group has been in the jungle for several days and they look like they just got out of a car
>Tom Hiddleston suddenly cares about protecting Kong because Brie touched him
>Sam Jackson not detonating the bomb immediately or at least walking away from Kong and the lizard mommy before blowing them up
>Cole's "sacrifice" and the sad music that played afterward
>Brie Larson surviving her fall
>the unfitting music they played as helicopters discovered their group
>music ends with King Kong just beating his chest as if he was triumphant when Sam Jack was going to kill him had not the MCU faggots stepped in

That's the problem with a lot of these new blockbusters that have been directed by up and coming directors.
They're good directors but they're also studio yes men.

then don't show a bunch of fight scenes with skull crawlers that are about only 20% smaller than the big boss skull crawler, it makes the final battle feel anticlimactic

this movie was shit but you're just a retard

Why didn't King Kong just kill him right here

I was hoping it would have some extra legs or something to make it a bit more interesting

>>shitty CGI storm scene
That scene seemed like they saw Fury Road and decided to add it in, complete with bobble head doll on the dash board of a chopper

This might have been one of the dumbest movies I've ever watched

I wanted to love it and I sure as fuck tried to make myself love it, but it was so goddamn stupid in every area it could be stupid

You're also forgetting how the final fight and the group escaping feel like totally separate things happening and neither really feels like it affects one another, except for the skullcrawler chasing them for a second and getting shot at.
Shouldn't all of these big crashes and splashed be affecting the crew on the boat?

>Saw Kong at the Alamo Drafthouse
>"We now present a special announcement from the star of this movie."
>Sam Jackson appears
>"Hi, this is Samuel L. Jackson, reminding you to shut off your MOTHAFUCKIN' phone."

I love that goddamn theater.

>I've have a wife. er at least I had a wife. ervmaybe I still do. I dsunno how that works. we had a lil' bright shiny baby boy pregnant. I'd like t'see what he looks like. maybe he looks like me. or maybe he looks like 'is mom. I'd like to have a hot dog. and a cold beer. and see my son. that'd be swell.

Logan was better

>break on through to the other side starts playing

Suits > CGI

also
>two heli's get knocked out by massive 300ft ape who pops up outta nowhere
>what should we do?
>lets's fly all out other heli's into the ape so he can smash them all
That makes zero sense in any world, i'd think your first reaction would be to fly off to safe distance. But no.

The Japanese just made me care about a fight between two puppets in a one-minute scene, what the fuck.

>Brie Larson being an annoying feminist liberal

That one bit did kind of annoy me, where Loki talks that one guy into lowering his gun from that giant water buffalo thing, and then as he's lowering his gun, she raises her camera. They even do a rack focus to really drive that fucker home.

Winter Soldier was shit

The movie itself was ok, but I still like the '05 Kong way more, even if that one was 30-40 minutes too long. Regardless, as long as the eventuality is big budget remakes of Ghidorah: The Three Headed Monster and King Kong vs. Godzilla, I'll accept this movie to get us there.

no it wasn't

Its Apocalypse Kong

That monster design looks so familiar to me but I can't figure out why. Has there ever been a monster that looked like that? With the external skull and whatnot.

Some enemies in Diablo 2 I think?

>Godzilla 2014 was shit
>King Kong 2017 is shit
>but somehow King Kong vs Godzilla will be good

It's the most generic monster ever, so probably

And are you thinking of Cubone/Marowak

men in suits actually

oh yes it was

nuh uh

Let's be honest, Samuel L. Jackson was a moron as a commander.
>let's take my 15-odd guys into an area inhabited by fast-moving, armour-plated, 50-foot predators where the visibility is maybe 20-feet.
I'm not surprised the yanks lost Vietnam with command that incompetent.

Kong was ludicrously big

trips confirms.

But could he move at ludicrous speed?

>they talk about how Kong is still growing because at the end of the day he has to be big enough to fight fucking Godzilla
>Kong was too big guys

so are they gonna just keep making these monsters bigger till they can attack the ISS?

We're never going to get blockbusterkino unless it's done by Nolan or Affleck. For as absurd as it sounds, it would almost have to be indepenedtly produced or crowdsourced.

As long as a studio is in charge of any movie with a budget of over 100+ million, over half of what you see will be homogenized focus group tier cliche bullshit because studios absolutely refuse to take creative risk with that much money on the line.

>mindless action against faceless/nameless bad guys
>multicultural cast
>forced romantic plot
>quippy humor bordering on full blown comedy
>old master dies and is avenged by young protege that no one else believes in
>"OH MY GOD, IT'S THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM AS BEFORE BUT THIS TIME IT'S BIGGER AND EVEN MORE PROBLEMATIC"
>flavor of the week a list actors with no range whatsoever plugged into roles almost as seemless as copy and paste
>even doubly so if the actor is a woman, who will at some point be showing off a gratuitous amount of cleave or thigh gap and have a slutty demeanor
>overreaching use of CGI
>6 or 7 sequels on the same IP
>big bad villain is almost always white, and a man
>main protaganist will almost always be white also, as no one believes a non white hero is realistic
>obviously missing scenes that were left on the cutting room floor in-order to save time, allowing more films to be shown per day ($$$)
>eye gouging product placement
>trailers will feature old folk music, nursery rhymes, or classic rock sung slow below pitch by a woman or a child to make it more ominous

And that's just the shit I can think of off the top of my head

>>trailers will feature old folk music, nursery rhymes, or classic rock sung slow below pitch by a woman or a child to make it more ominous

Avengers 2 did this and that is the first I can remember. There's been at least a dozen films per year that have done it since and A2 wasn't even good.

>overreaching use of CGI
this is the worst of it

no you fucking retard

Just Kong until he matches Godzilla

What the fuck is your issue you autist

LINK THE AFTER CREDITS! IF ITS BEEN POSTED QUOTE IT!!

>Mfw they need to pit Kong up against American G because Japanese Godzilla would fucking obliterate him

They're inspired by Sachiel (from Evangelion), Cubone and Spirited Away's No Face. The latter I assume cause of the way they crawl around.

Godzilla had minimal oversight and had a mostly white cast and male leads

Japanese Godzilla would obliterate anyone, because his whole character is written to be an unstoppable monster sue with plot armor out the ass.

well American Godzilla doesn't have any known weaknesses. Japanese Godzilla has been knocked around far worse by lesser enemies than American Godzilla and the Mutos