@a7_mirza
@hamza_780
edmaps.com/html/syrian_civil_war_in_maps.html
agathocledesyracuse.com/
syriancivilwarmap.com

RECENT MAPS
>Aleppo July 9
i.imgur.com/EiODum6.jpg
>East Ghouta July 9 (lacks Midaana offensive?)
i.imgur.com/2ldUbCH.jpg
>East Ghouta July 8
i.imgur.com/iRhevUv.jpg
>Manbij July 4
i.imgur.com/pCeVfo5.jpg
>Latakia July 3
i.imgur.com/DRn5YWH.jpg
>Iraq July 2
i.imgur.com/PG09B8X.jpg

DEVELOPMENTS JULY 9
SYRIA
>After Mayda'a capture yesterday, East Ghouta fight continues - Midaana partially captured by loyalist forces
>Qalamoun battles cease. Dozens of pro-gov and al-Nusra combatants KIA, some captured
>Aleppo Layramoun/Khalidiyah-district gains reported
>Intense RuAF/SyAAF bombardment on Nusra/Zinki in Haritan/Kafr Hamra
>SAA 5th Armored Div. ambush Nusra vehicle in NE Daraa
>Many civilian casualties in Aleppo as rebels step up mortar fire
>Jund al-Aqsa vehicle blown up by IED in Hama - rebel infighting?

IRAQ
>Iraqi Army/PMU capture important Qiyyarah airbase south of Mosul

Prev >SouthFront July 8
youtu.be/x2MuXsMnClg

Other urls found in this thread:

almasdarnews.com/article/syrian-army-continues-advance-aleppo-neighborhoods/
newrepublic.com/article/114659/bashar-al-assads-mustache-explained-expert
almasdarnews.com/article/syrian-army-begins-offensive-northern-homs/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss
youtube.com/watch?v=3eIE9-LBNoM
almasdarnews.com/article/syrian-army-begins-offensive-northern-homs/
twitter.com/EjmAlrai
twitter.com/WarfareWW/status/751810621591748609
en.alalam.ir/news/1803930
twitter.com/XuTaHy/status/751812468880580608
aljazeera.com/news/2016/07/syria-truce-extended-aleppo-faces-food-shortages-160709135532465.html
youtu.be/66JkNNsPFOA
presstv.com/Detail/2016/07/09/474315/Italy-delegation-Syria-diplomatic-ties-European-Parliament
now.mmedia.me/lb/en/NewsReports/567128-high-ranking-syria-army-officer-killed-fighting-isis
sana.sy/en/?p=82075
vocaroo.com/i/s0lElu9CodKi
nato.int/cps/en/natohq/events_67375.htm
sputniknews.com/middleeast/20160709/1042708976/russian-helicopter-downed-syria.html
jewbook.com/ajmubasher/videos/1349670388379025/
sabah.com.tr/webtv/turkiye/saldiri-hazirligindaki-teroristler-boyle-vuruldu
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

GOOD LUCK, ASSAD!!

Latest Ghouta map

Haven't been following the news from the front since Palmyra was recaptured.
Has the SAA continued to retake ground, how's the war going?

Noice

Relatively stable frontlines, advances are slow

Given that, yes, the SAA does control more area than at the time of Palmyra recapture, but most progress has been in the area around Damascus

The latest big happening is the encirclement of rebel-held east Aleppo this week

Weeks ago it seemed as though SAA was attempting an operation to relief pressure from Deir Ez-zor by advancing along the Palmyra-Deir ez-Zor road, but sadly it failed to get momentum before the important troops were pulled out and the offensive slowed down to a crawl and some areas were again lost

Yesterdays map of the Kinsaba, Latakia

This one is in OP btw

Damn these are nicely detailed

They better get the counteroffensive underway properly, its going slow so far

My bad

Maybe its not so bad to post the recent maps after the OP

That way theyre easier to view them all quickly than having to copypaste

>The Syrian Army mainly comprised of the elite Republican Guard and the 4th Mechanized Division made a major advance in the region lying between Khaldiyye and Layramoun neighborhoods seizing control of several building blocks and factories in the process.

>A Syrian military source confirmed that the Syrian Army expanded its control in the vicinity of the Castillo capturing Mahlajat Al Tabagh, Colonies building blocks, Mahlajat Al Thawrah, and a number of factories and economic facilities in the Khaldiyye region of Aleppo city.

>Moreover, the Syrian Army was able to secure a tunnel 150 meters in length stretching between Shabib building and Golden City filled with very volatile C4 explosives ready to be detonated at any time. The Syrian Army is now continuing the advance in the Layramoun-Khaldiyye axes approaching the Bani Zaid neighborhood, from which jihadists have launched tens of thousands of mortar shells, gas canisters, and other projectiles killing over 9,000 civilians and injuring 60,000.

>On a related note, 43 civilians and over 250 were injured yesterday as a result of relentless rebel shelling of the heavily-populated government-held Aleppo neighborhoods.

almasdarnews.com/article/syrian-army-continues-advance-aleppo-neighborhoods/

That Beni Zaid neighborhood is what's worrying me.

I think the front line in this map should near to Midana, there were reports yesterday of SAA entering the town and capturing almost half of it.

Anyone know which Republican Guard brigade is in Layramoun/Khalidiyah

Cant find the info

When will Assad shave off his mustache again?

No fucking way that pic related is Assad. No motherfucking way.

Will be interesting to see how long that FSA pocket in the south of Aleppo holds out once the Castello road supply line is cut

I will enjoy seeing all that green convert to red after all this time.

kek

Where's comfy soldier?

What the fuck?
That's him?
Holy hell

Who told him to grow that shit?

>that sun

Oh God..

Can kurds have their peace in Greater Syria?

North Homs/South Hama Rastan pocket habbeding!!

Post sauce?
Who's attacking?
Where?

whats happening?

Here is a whole article dedicated to Assad's moustache. There is actually a guy who devotes his time in studying of other people's facial hair and he wrote a book on it.

newrepublic.com/article/114659/bashar-al-assads-mustache-explained-expert

Early this morning, elements the Syrian Arab Army’s (SAA) 10th and 11th divisions – assisted by the National Defence Force (NDF) initiated an offensive to seize the towns of Zarah, Hirbnafsah and Kissin In the northern countryside of Homs. Under the cover of artillery strikes, the government troops began advancing towards positions held by Islamist rebels in the region.
Currently, no substantial gains have been made by the government forces as they seem to be testing insurgent defensive’s.
almasdarnews.com/article/syrian-army-begins-offensive-northern-homs/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss
youtube.com/watch?v=3eIE9-LBNoM

almasdarnews.com/article/syrian-army-begins-offensive-northern-homs/

& Twitter including Jihadi Julian crying about RuAF strikes on Rastan

Hmmm, so we NATION WIDE OFFENSIVE NOW?

Latakia offensive
North Aleppo offensive
East Ghouta offensive
Hama pocket offensive

Gee, this is getting hot guys

I've been absent for two days now
I've heard Aleppo is finally getting cut off. How close is the SAA to Castello right now?

Also heard Donbass is heating up. Perhaps it's the burgers trying to draw Putin's attention from Syria, like south front said.

Assad must go.

>Hmmm, so we NATION WIDE OFFENSIVE NOW?

They have to do something because they spectacularly ran out of gas after Palymra. So I guess they are now doing a little bit of everything at once, and see what sticks.

>How close is the SAA to Castello right now?

0.2 KILOMEMES

>Also heard Donbass is heating up

A couple of "battles" in Avdeeka and Logvinovo, casualties in both sides, more for the hohols tho.

If you are suggesting that kurds have political autonomy then no. They can go back to Iran and act like chimps there all day long, otherwise you respect the land and culture of Greater Syria. No race is superior to another in that great nation.

Shit, that's very close
May our meme magic help the lion bite off the snakes head on Aleppo

Also, I think resuming hostilities in Donbass would be beneficial for Novorossiya if they achieve another victory, like capturing Mariupol. That would destabilize Ukraine a lot and maybe bring about another Maidan

I don't want them to have autonomy. I just want them to live in peace in Syria like everyone else. An own state for them is as ridiculous idea as is the modern state of Israel.

The Tiger forces can see now the Highway with their naked eyes.

Also

Joene @Gjoene
5 h

>Reports that #SAA is advancing in #Layramoun district of #Aleppo, capturing the al-Kuluniz building and some other buildings #Syria

Little gains are still gains

twitter.com/EjmAlrai

Elijah J. Magnier @EjmAlrai
6 h

>#Hezbollah & #Iran have taken demarcation line with #ISIS in #Deirezzour,waiting for the political opportunity to regain control of the city

What does this mean?

that is Hofer, the right wing Austrian politician. they do look similar

Then they may have peace.

They are so Close! Come on Tiger Forces, I believe in you!

It is Norbert Hofer

Norbert Gerwald Hofer is an Austrian politician and member of the right-wing populist Freedom Party of Austria. He has been Third President of the National Council since 2013; all three took office as joint acting Federal Presidents on 8 July 2016

Tiger forces making memes real!

that they are in the position, holding ground waiting for command to activate fronts with Isis
I guess this goes under that strategy that made SAA fall back from road to Raqqah

Hassan Ridha @sayed_ridha 3 h

>#PKK car bomb wipes out a gendarmerie station in #Mardin killing 6 Turkish soldiers

Poor Erdogan

Hassan Ridha @sayed_ridha 1 h

Mallah Farms & cliff still under #SAA control, JN & Zinki launched a counter-attack but failed via @PetoLucem

MODERATE BEHEADERS IN DIRE SITUATION

CNN Türk ENG @CNNTURK_ENG 4m4 minutes ago
BREAKING State-run AA: Top PKK commander Fehman Hüseyin (nom de guerre Bahoz Erdal) killed in Syria.

was this guy important? was he part of Manbij offensive?

Ivan Sidorenko @IvanSidorenko1 20 h

>#Syria #Aleppo Report By @SyriaWarReports Roman Saponkov & Dmitrii Zhavoronkov of FNA - #Castello #Castello_Road

reminder this shitty war better end fast.

its gon be great

>#Russian online newspaper Lenta confirms #IS shot down #Russian Helicopter Mi-35 E. of #Palmyra, both pilots dead

twitter.com/WarfareWW/status/751810621591748609

Any Russians around can confirm this newspaper is legit?

Their source is a vkontakte post

photo that they provided is from march 31
en.alalam.ir/news/1803930

Interesting, might be BS then.

this is 'norbert hofer', austrian rightwing candidate for the presidental elections, in 2 month

how dare you to shit on this wonderful person?

Yeah seems sketchy
twitter.com/XuTaHy/status/751812468880580608

Get a hold of this one lads...

It's bad that the gov cut the supply line in Aleppo

>Syria truce extended as Aleppo faces food shortages

Residents of rebel-held areas of Syria's Aleppo on Saturday faced food and fuel shortages after a Syrian government advance cut the opposition's last supply route into the city.

The army, for its part, said it was extending a 72-hour nationwide truce that began on Wednesday but has produced little respite in fighting.

About 200,000 people remain in the opposition-held eastern sectors of Aleppo, which has been divided between government and rebel control since shortly after fighting in the city erupted in mid-2012.

Residents there described shortages of basic goods after government troops advanced within firing range of the key Castello Road supply route.

"For two days the situation was calm, I went to the market and I filled up my motorbike with gasoline. Today, I couldn't even find a single tomato," said Bilal Qaterji, a local textile factory employee.

"There's not a drop of fuel left because the Castello Road has been cut," he told AFP.

Government troops effectively severed the Castello Road on Thursday with the capture of a hilltop within firing range of the key route.

aljazeera.com/news/2016/07/syria-truce-extended-aleppo-faces-food-shortages-160709135532465.html

VIDEO

NSA patrols the trip border area of Syria, Jordan and Iraq

youtu.be/66JkNNsPFOA

These people and Al Jazeera can honestly go fuck themselves

Castello road was a no-go for large transport convoys for months already

To start bitching the day after pro-gov forces get closer to it is just bullshit

pretty much!

Not sure if it is you, but we had a guy from nederland if I am not mistaken that was making a list of countries that wanted to re-establish connections with Damascus, so we have this now...

An Italian delegation is going to pay an official visit to Damascus over the weekend in order to prepare the ground for the restoration of diplomatic relations between Italy and Syria.

President of Italy’s External Intelligence and Security Agency General Alberto Manenti, who will be heading the delegation, and his entourage will arrive at the Damascus International Airport on Saturday.

They will hold “negotiations concerning the normalization of Italy-Syria bilateral relations, the abolition of European Union (EU) embargos as conditioned by the Syrian government for any possible security cooperation” with high-ranking Syrian officials, Russia al-Youm television reported.

The Italian delegation has already pledged to pave the way for EU-Syria rapprochement as soon as possible.

Earlier this year, a high-ranking Syrian security delegation visited Italy. The delegates, led by head of the Syrian General Security Directorate Mohammed Dib Zaitoun, met and exchanged viewpoints with a number of Italian officials.

presstv.com/Detail/2016/07/09/474315/Italy-delegation-Syria-diplomatic-ties-European-Parliament

>Citation needed
now.mmedia.me/lb/en/NewsReports/567128-high-ranking-syria-army-officer-killed-fighting-isis

they said same thing about Fallujah when Iraqi army fully besieged the city, civilians inside the city are starving and hasn't eaten for a year and started to eat grass.
and for Palmyra offensive they were saying Russians are bombing and ruining historical sites

Holy shit that is good.

And yes that was me
Thanks, now that I read his name I do recall seeing it reported, too

They should drop flyers promissing protection for civilians.

Truce extended for another 72 hours

Damascus, SANA – The General Command of the Army and Armed Forces announced in a statement on Saturday that the truce enforced in the past two days has been extended for another 72 hours from 1:00 am on July 9 to midnight on July 12.

The truce applied on July 6, which covered all the Syrian territory, lasted from 1:00 am on Wednesday until Friday midnight.

sana.sy/en/?p=82075

Do you still have the list of countries? We should make a page in the wordpress for all these

vocaroo.com/i/s0lElu9CodKi
R8

The hilarious thing about this truce is that its hard to say its not true

Because
Latakia = TIP, Nusra, Ahrar, Faylaq
Ghouta = JAI
Aleppo = Nusra, Zinki
Homs = Nusra presence

So every single offensive is against an opposition which majority is extremist and excluded from truces :^)

So pretty much the only places that would have this truce are either already under a long-lasting truce (pockets near Damascus) or not in active offensives anyway (small FSA-ish pocket northwest Idlib, some bits of Daraa)

kek

Nop Id have to check on 4plebs when its back up

>Aleppo kotel is a reality

isis arab cannon fodder/10

Assad Must Go xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDd

Live streaming: NATO Summit Warsaw 2016

nato.int/cps/en/natohq/events_67375.htm

>"NATO is increasing our support to Ukraine." —@POTUS #NATOsummit

That's right guys, time to get comfy and enjoy the kotel.

lmao

is that what you gonna say before detonating yourself Onur?

Saved

Jabhat Al-Akrad, so they've decided to officially display that they are aligned with the SDF, PYD, and YPG forces and no longer with the FSA.

sputniknews.com/middleeast/20160709/1042708976/russian-helicopter-downed-syria.html

no

I hope the turn them to dust now

oh wow, my sides

Wait, are Norbert Hofer and Bashar Al-Asad the same race?

nice nasheed bro

Last night's /sg/ was one of the best for a while, what with that real Syrian whose cousin apparently fought in Tabqa.

Yeah MOD recently confirmed it. Tatar pilot and russian co pilot dead. Rip.

2 Nusra VBIEDs hit Mallah

Maybe John Kerry can explain to me again what the difference between ISIS and Nusra is, because with Saudi nationals blowing themselves up in VBIEDs chanting Allahu Akhbar, I honestly cant tell the difference.

bump

jewbook.com/ajmubasher/videos/1349670388379025/

LIVE FROM ALEPPO! HEAVY CLASHES ON-GOING NEAR CASTELLO ROAD

Jews are master race

>Thinks DNR morons can take Mariupol
Autism: the post

is this you who commented
CAN'T MOSSAD THE ASSAD?

Hello hohol

No shit.

He shared leadership of PKK with Cemil Bayik.

I knew PKK were in YPG/J but this is the #2 guy.

No he wasn't part of that offensive, apparently he was targeted by a car bomb outside of Qamishlo. Far away from the front line.

Turkey bringing the heat against PKK.

I don't know :^)

When will we see a Mi-26 goes down with +100 Russian soldiers inside?

translated the comments with chrome's help, many keks to be had:

'May Allah kill bashar and Iran.'

'Every one bay d bashar pig. Like I said we don't talk on the air.'

'May Allah kill bashar and and that he and all of his hand to kill our brothers in Syria'

'Oh God, you have about bashar and his thugs.'

'God help, magician larue may God curse the bashar'

>mfw

Sure looks like him.

tnx for info

kek

I hear a "Allahu Akbar" near the transmision.

dirty and disgusting rat has been sent to rat heaven

There is some footage of this operation according to sabah sabah.com.tr/webtv/turkiye/saldiri-hazirligindaki-teroristler-boyle-vuruldu