/cfb/ - Georgia fans edition

Bowl games start again on Tues with the Cheribundi Tart Cherry Boca Raton Bowl featuring Lane Kiffin

full schedule:
fbschedules.com/ncaa/college-football-bowl-schedule.php

Other urls found in this thread:

herosports.com/collegefootball/ranking-fbs-conference-academic-ranking
ncaa.com/news/football/article/2017-09-07/colleges-most-represented-2017-nfl-opening-day-rosters
sbnation.com/college-football/2017/6/9/15688500/big-12-draft-picks-last-5-years-american
sbnation.com/a/cfb-preview-2017/blue-chip-ratio
seccountry.com/sec/steve-spurrier-admits-he-brought-up-possibility-of-tight-end-to-cam-newton
foxsports.com/college-football/story/oklahoma-state-cowboys-mason-rudolph-south-carolina-gamecocks-loss-big-gain-111815
covers.com/postingforum/post01/showmessage.aspx?spt=33&sub=100898432
landthieves.com/board/showthread.php?45813-to-all-you-Landry-Jones-haters-that-say-he-sucks...
youtube.com/watch?v=9hW-wHFfZf8
youtube.com/watch?v=_8y-m5_NNSg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>pickem already fucked
REEEEE

You actually spent time making this?

Georgia fans, so dumb that 2 seconds of work in MS Paint is amazing to them

middle tennessee has it

Are Oklahoma fans always this insufferable?
I thought SoCar and GT fans were delusional.

Just insert any SEC school except Vandy and the pic is accurate

herosports.com/collegefootball/ranking-fbs-conference-academic-ranking

Big 12 is a cow conference.

It's one or two dedicated shitposters. There are plenty of Soonerfags in these threads and they have been tolerable if delusional for years.

>Be Oklahoma faggot
>Have superiority complex
>Georgia fans are insufferable
>Start entire threat with insufferable topic

ncaa.com/news/football/article/2017-09-07/colleges-most-represented-2017-nfl-opening-day-rosters
sbnation.com/college-football/2017/6/9/15688500/big-12-draft-picks-last-5-years-american

REMINDER!! The b12 is has earnt zero respect from the other 4 conferences

Again, dumbest fans of all time. How can you be this dumb? It's literally unbelievable

thanks for reminding me that kansas state has a 94% acceptance rate

REMINDER
Georgia and Alabama top the playoff teams having played the most elite talent level teams this season, both played 3 and went 2-1, Alabama tops the scales with talent at an 80% 4/5* ratio
Georgia comes next with 63%

next comes Clemson having played 2 of the most elite talented teams in the country going 2-0, they themselves are one of the most talented teams over the past 4 signing classes at 56% blue chip ratio

Lastly is Oklahoma having only played one (1) blue chip ratio team, they went 1-0
Oklahoma has the lest depth and talent by a fair margin of all the playoff teams at 45% blue chip ratio

my guessing is that oklahoma and clemson would have at least one more loss if they played more teams with elite talent such as auburn/uga/bama did
Auburn had it the toughest of every team, they played 5 of the most talented teams in the country and went 2-3 in those games, they have a 56% ratio

Oklahoma and Clemson don't have the talent or depth to square off 4 quarters against their respective playoff counterparts, and if they do get through the first round they will most like have to play another team the next week with much more talent than they have
It's just not fair, Roll SEC!

Pretty sure it's just one based on the fact that the same straw man arguments are being used over and over coinciding with the same topics. Several threads had a someone go on and on about Oklahoma superiority then start talking about Jeremy Pruitt.

It's psychotic.

middle tennessee is slipping

it's pretty obvious it;s just one person
the most active person here actually
i'm pretty sure from the way he forms his posts he has asbergers, still hasn't addressed that concern of mine

whats even the point of these bowl games? Their is nobody in the crowd, shit would embarrass me if I was a player.

Nice, someone saved the pic i made

Literally made for TV and only survive on ESPNbux

i just pasted the url from the previous thread

I'm drunk as fuck ffam

some players enjoy them because it gives them another game to test themselves and develop. and it also give them another opportunity to be evaluated by nfl scouts

Reminder that the only four P5 public schools with better academic rankings than Florida are Michigan, GT, UNC-Chapel Hill, and Cal
>posting the old rankings

go pop some more oxy

Every fan base that get unreasonably cocky and ends up watching their getting booty blasted soon after.
Pedo State fans before losing to tOSU and Mich St.
USC fans before WSU and Notre Dame.
UGA fans before the first Auburn game.
Auburn fans before Bama and the second Auburn game.
Miami fans before losing to pitt (Da absolute worse)
Alabama fans before losing to Auburn
Ohio State fans before getting BTFO by OU, Iowa then the playoff.

And now, Oklahoma joins in on the fun.
I haven't heard a single Georgia fan predict the outcome of this game but I hear a lot of Sooner fans calling blowout.

arkansas still has some life

its over

That Camellia Bowl that just finshed was great

So were some others today

More like this please

>Auburn fans before Bama and the second Auburn game

there used to be alotta dubs posting, it died during the thread washington was losing to stanford lmao

*second georgia game

why the fuck did that qb take 2 sacks on the final drive?

Auburn also beat Bama lad

I just noticed a pattern with getting BTFO and cockiness on here.
I got a little uppity about Georgia before the first Auburn game, Now I'm just happy they're in the show.

At least we don't have to worry about getting doxxed for that grand prize.

>not the Mongolian Sewing Message Board Bowl

>FAU vs Akron

Current spread is FAU -22.5

rip zips

were they ever alive

USC will absolutely DESTROY aOSU

ITT: Stale memes even tho they were created a couple weeks ago.

>Georgia is a blueblood
>OU isn't

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Jawja fans everyone.

>SEC is good just because Bama skull fucks the conference every year

>Big 12 is good just because OU skull fucks the conference every year

I can't wait until Clemson and Oklahoma roll Bama and Jawjaw so we can go another year without SEC shitposting

>the big 12 is good
noone says this

Big 12 was good this year.

Too bad Mayfield and Rudolph will be gone.

>insecure boomer fag
Quit trying so hard. Literally noone cares besides you.

They had three decent teams and a bunch of shit.

Spoiler alert:
Alabama and Georgia are going to play in Atlanta.

It's in the script.

UGA was getting great QBs under Richt//Bobo, but once Bobo left, it looks like UGA hasn't been doing so hot with their QB play.

But note the yards/per attempt for Fromm. It's a good sign that he actually might be a great QB so UGA fans seem to have it nice going forward over the next two-three seasons under Fromm

as for this season, it's crazy UGA hasn't been getting Fromm more experience and using him more, obviously a big mistake in hindsight. Maybe he blows up vs Oklahoma, that would be pretty awesome. So far, he's only cracked 185 vs four teams: South Carolina (196), Miss St (201), GT (224) and Mizzou (326)

This guy is from Finland

As for the Oklahoma schools, they, along with Georgia, are among those lucky schools who had two GOAT QBs in the last decade, but that shit doesn't happen very often, and it's even more rare to have it happen back-to-back (think of the Packers). I asked OU fans on here during the Heisman show who their future QB was going to be. I got two Georgia-tier-retard responses from OU fans trying to make it sound like he's some badass while sounding like little pricks before a cool OU fan responded saying it's a guy with pros and cons, which he touched on.

Finding a good QB is hard. Look at the NFL. Georgia, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State have been very blessed over the last decade each getting two GOAT QBs and it might be a while before Oklahoma or Oklahoma State get another one. In UGA's shoes, again, if you look at that yards/att for Fromm this year it really makes you wonder wtf they haven't been using him more and getting him experience

That means next year he could be lining up against Illinois State's Kobe Buffalomeat

They had issues with recruiting offensive linemen, it was the main reason they fell off dramatically from 2012 to 2016. They didn't have great lines to begin with and they kept bringing in undersized recruits that were projects at best. Sam Pittman seems to be changing things and is bringing in some blue chips along the whole line.

Chaney and Pittman are one hell of a coaching duo. I think Fromm is fits the system well.

Jacob Eason is a great quarterback but pocket passers take a couple years to develop in college ball. I hear he's gonna come back next year rather than transfer and sit out somwhere since he'll very likely be able to grad transfer and not sit out after that.

>In UGA's shoes, again, if you look at that yards/att for Fromm this year it really makes you wonder wtf they haven't been using him more and getting him experience

This shit again? How long are you going to beat that dead horse.
How many Georgia games did you watch this season?

Smart UGA fans: we fucked up by not getting our QB more experience

Dumb UGA fans: hurrrrrrr we did everything perfect WEEEE GEN-YUSS!!!!

You're literally the only person arguing this anywhere.

Ad hominem

/thread

This fag has literally killed the whole General with this shit.

Smart UGA fans: yes I know, our message boards are fucking pissed we didn't get our QB more experience this season. I don't know what we were thinking

Dumb UGA fans: You're literally the only person arguing this anywhere

Smart UGA fans: don't bring up "Ad hominem" right before calling someone a fag

Dumb UGA fans: do the opposite

Lol, pretty much.

They think everyone is a georgia fan now. Cringy shit.

Welcome to Sup Forums newfag. Lurk moar.

Lol, what?

>yes I know, our message boards are fucking pissed we didn't get our QB more experience this season. I don't know what we were thinking

Sauce? Haven't seen this literally anywhere.

as for how hard it is to find a good QB, Bob Stoops (great DC of Florida before he was hired as HC of Oklahoma), he had Sam Bradford right under his nose and couldn't even see it...

Bradford played right there in Oklahoma City and they weren't even on to him until he showed up at their camp:

Chuck Long, Oklahoma’s offensive coordinator from 2002-05, was impressed. Long, who left Oklahoma in 2006 to become San Diego State’s head coach, watched Bradford throw at an Oklahoma football camp and told Stoops he needed to pay closer attention to the local prospect.

“I really trusted what Chuck felt about him,” Stoops said. “He loved Sam.”

“Chuck Long just really liked him at our football camp,’’ said Sooners coach Bob Stoops, referring to the former NFL player who then was the school’s quarterbacks coach. “He had me watch him as well’’

when Sam signed with Oklahoma, the coaching staff didn't exactly break out the Champagne. "He wasn't a finished product by a longshot," head coach Bob Stoops said. "He was – whatever this means – a three-star guy. Maybe even a two. Not a national name at all. But we had had him at our [football] camp and Chuck Long [the Sooners' quarterback coach at the time] really loved him.
"But some of the other offensive [coaches] were a little skeptical

Even when Bradford was on the team, the Sooners coaching staff still wasn't completely sold on Bradford. He was redshirted in '06. But his play as the scout-team quarterback got Stoops' attention.

(cont)

>One of the countless of one of the absolutely retarded Georgia fans embarrassing Georgia by posting on here

Uhh, everything they said is actually true.
Uga literally botched recruiting both Newton and Watson.

seccountry.com/sec/steve-spurrier-admits-he-brought-up-possibility-of-tight-end-to-cam-newton

Tldr;
Nobody cares.

"I kept watching him on the scout team that year against our [No. 1 defense]," the coach said. "I know some people say it doesn't matter. That it's easy because it's not a game. But it's not. Not everybody does what Sam was doing. I've had plenty of scout team quarterbacks that weren't like that.

"I was watching him stick balls in there left and right, and putting deep balls right where they need to be. And you start shaking your head [wondering], is this how it's going to be?
"I remember the defensive staff telling the offensive guys, 'Man, this guy is unbelievable. Just watch practice.' When the offensive guys started spending time with him in the spring [of '07], they started seeing what we were seeing every day. The accuracy was just uncanny. And the delivery. All of it. Finding the right windows."

You'd watch him in practice, I'd intentionally watch him for 20 straight minutes, and there wouldn't be one ball that was out of place."
NFL scouts still speak in superlatives about Bradford's Pro Day workout before the 2010 draft.
"He threw for something like 45 minutes and however many passes, and there was one ball that was a little bit off," Stoops said. "One slant [throw] was back on the hip. The rest of them were right where you'd want the football to be.

Smart UGA fan: yes that is pretty dumb to say Richt/Bobo didn't do a great job of bringing in QBs and Wrs

Dumb UGA fans: hurrrrrrrr Richt/Bobo were terrible at brining in QB/WRs. He's right!!! All true!!!

Smart UGA fans: we fucked up by not getting our QB more experience

Dumb UGA fans: hurrrrrrr we did everything perfect WEEEE GEN-YUSS!!!! Nobody else thinks otherwise! Hurrrrr. We're not retarded!!!

Who did they bring in after Murray?

Kys.

seems like you guys were always bringing in 5-stars,, stockpiling them too. Of all the teams in football, UGA was the one I was the one I wished I was in their shoes in how great there were in brining in great QBs. Who has done better to you?

then with Mason Rudolph, a 4-star across the board, he was right there in Clemson and South Carolina's backyard and neither of them wanted him:

>Rock Hill’s Northwestern Trojans were rocking-and-rolling. The squad’s senior quarterback — four-star recruit Mason Rudolph, a 6-foot-4, splendid-looking, pro-style rocket passer — had the Trojans ranked No. 1 in the state

>About 70 miles due south of Rock Hill is Columbia, where Steve Spurrier — one of the college game’s greatest offensive innovators, and who has coached up a quarterback or two — was coaching the South Carolina Gamecocks

>Rudolph never got the chance to consider South Carolina because Spurrier never considered Rudolph. "Well, your guess is as good as mine," Rudolph told FOX Sports this week when asked why he believes Spurrier steered clear of Rock Hill. "My family was a little baffled with that one. Never kind of figured it out, never have answered it."

>Or at North Carolina for that matter, which jumped into his recruiting too late despite his dad, Brett, playing middle linebacker there and practically raising young Mason at Tar Heels football games. With LSU, Ole Miss and Virginia Tech among some of the notable programs that did offer Rudolph a scholarship, he opted to become one of Oklahoma State’s rare long-distance recruits

foxsports.com/college-football/story/oklahoma-state-cowboys-mason-rudolph-south-carolina-gamecocks-loss-big-gain-111815

Before Eason, Georgia had maybe one 5 star QB come in that I can remember and that was Stafford. Maybe Quincy Carter or DJ?

Weeew, ewe guise

>weeew

Wasn't Rudolph a OSU legacy?
Clemson had Watson coming in that year and SoCar just loss SOS.

5 stars, high 4 stars, guys with great film, great offer lists, great creditentials/resumes, I just remember it seemed like Richt would get like 5 of those guys on the roster in any given year

Compare to LSU for example, they used to get great QB recruits before Les, even going back before Saban was there, guys from all over too.. Then with Les, he went like 3 years where he just gave one schollie to a QB and once he got kicked off the team LSU was fuggged and never really recovered other than Mettenberger (a JUCO transfer), yet another UGA guy that Richt got! I mean that's the only decent/good QB LSU had under Les and he was a Georgia overflow lol! I brought up the other day how Les Miles-era LSU is something UGA might turn into under Smart the way things are going with you guys refusing to use your QB. I also brought up Wisconsin and Stanford under Shaw. Stanford seems like they always get 5-star QBs and Shaw never uses them. It's crazy

Landry Jones, while the most prolofic passer in OU history, was widely disliked because he's the opposite of baker, he throw slow rainbow balls and he was not very dependable. He wasn't going to lose you a game but his 2000000 yards a game didn't really help as win as much as it should have. Most OU fans would have a hard time calling Jones a goat

it says he was a UNC legacy

that's crazy. I'm just a neutral outsider, but I hated Bradford, but loved Landry Jones. I literally thought Jones was the shit. He's Big Ben's back-up now right? I'd imagine someone will trade for him soon

We did
>tfw ready for more Owl season

Yeah he's with the Steelers. I remember me and my family watching Landry and my sister and mother would literally cringe out-loud when he'd throw a deep ball, they were always slow floaters. He was accurate and what-not but the fans didn't really trust him.
there's a facebook page called Landry Jones Sucks

covers.com/postingforum/post01/showmessage.aspx?spt=33&sub=100898432
"Is Landry Jones the worst OU quarterback of all time?"

landthieves.com/board/showthread.php?45813-to-all-you-Landry-Jones-haters-that-say-he-sucks...
"to all you Landry Jones haters that say he sucks...
I shed a tear tonight as I realized that this was Landry's last home game. A tear of joy that is..."
Even local sports radio mentioned how Landry gets ragged on all the time, one of his former teammates recognized the criticism he got.

Why do they get so many 5 star runningbacks? They lose two and are instantly reloading with two more 5 stars.

15 days lads.

for a halfass analysis of a draft prospect (as opposed to the ones done by the film geeks), NFL.com does a good job of that (being halfass), and even they pointed out he can look GOAT at times but other times make bad throws....

>Strengths Prototypical pocket passer with NFL size. Extremely productive. Can stretch the field with his arm and shows good zip on passes to all parts of the field when his feet are set. Quick release makes him very effective in the short to intermediate passing game. Challenging throws in every start, whether threading the ball versus cover-two or connecting on a back-shoulder pattern.

>Weaknesses ...Ball comes out of his hand poorly at times, floating across or down the field. Downfield accuracy is erratic, missing open receivers on the run; also misfires on out routes too often. Inconsistent on his touch on fades or throws over the top of defenders

But yeah, as an NFL prospect, sure he's no sure thing, but you never see sure things. But as a college QB, he got it done. None of the great college QBs were perfect other than maybe Drew Brees

There are always people in every fanbase who hate the QB no matter how well he does. It's funny, in college we had a great QB and later in life I found out one of my college buddies hated him at the time and kept yelling for the backup

As for Jones, here's a video making him look good/memorable:
youtube.com/watch?v=9hW-wHFfZf8

and here's one were it looks like he wasn't that good
youtube.com/watch?v=_8y-m5_NNSg

I don't remember when I watched him. It was either only in big games, highlight reels shown during halftime of other games, or when I was researching Kenny Stills as a draft prospect

Clemson def. Bama
GA de. OU by like 40

Mark it.

>MACtion and C-USAwesome until the playoff

I'm okay with this.

>already lost our game
>pressure's off

BRING IT ON

lol

>tfw hire Howard Schnellenberger 17 years ago to build a new dynasty from scratch
>Schnellenberger won a Natty at Miami, and also build Louisville program more or less from scratch
>take Owls to first FBS bowl
>retire
>oh shit how are we gonna ever be the empire we want to be
>hire Kiffin
>tfw New Dynasty starts Tuesday with 70-point obliteration of Akronz Ips.

FUN FACT: After one season, Kiffin is already 2nd all-time in FAU wins (10) behind Schnellenberger (58 over eleven seasons, 32 in FBS).

Is Hurts the most overated QB in college football?

you're a moron, richt passed up two of the best qb's in cfb over the past 10 years
both were much much better than murray or stafford

>bowl season

FUN
AND
PERFECTION