Americanized Christianity was the driving force behind America's success...

Americanized Christianity was the driving force behind America's success, the Protestant work ethic and Catholic in-group mentality in particular. Prove me wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/nCKkHqlx9dE
youtube.com/watch?v=9-4V3HR696k
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_in_the_United_States?wprov=sfsi1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What are you talking about? WE BUILT THE U.S.A.the slaves had to work very hard for no money. Not having to pay for the work, the slaves made your country very rich. prove me wrong.

>we built it
yeah sure

The Founding Fathers were largely deist. Most politicians and businessmen are Christians in name only. Christianity is a sandkike-tier cult.

t. nordic ""pagan"" that goes out to the woods while mommy is at sunday service to eat wolf shit because thor told him to

Christ truly blesses those who kneel before Him.

More like this...

Still involved American Christianity

Doesn't matter

Whites do it better.
youtu.be/nCKkHqlx9dE

they farmed cotton they din't build shit

Meh. I think whites have built amazing societies in spite of Christianity, not because of it. Just look at Greece and Rome, their best years were when they were pagan.

That being said, ocer the last 1000 years we certainly have taken this Semitic cult and westernized it somewhat. But I think that the universal morality and internal contradictions in Christianity are the roots of our destruction.

Inb4 edge

Christianity is rapidly becoming a third worlders religion, with all the fucked up sacrifices, primitive rituals, etc that entails. Soon it will be unrecognizable to us. Meanwhile the Whites are becoming more secular by the day.

All peoples need religion. We just don't have anything better to replace it with yet.

your right, I agree %100
YouTube video that touches on this subject

youtube.com/watch?v=9-4V3HR696k

Catholicism is a cult and money laundering organization like the Mormons and Scientologists

You don't take into account the unique aspects of American Christianity, I.e. The 9-5 work week, personal charity in lieu of taxes, monogamy and in group breeding, etc.

>board is absolutely obsessed with white supremacy
>nation with world's largest white population by far is successful because of a Palestinian desert myth

No what made America great is its unique combination of American and Christian ideals

America is a consumerist and imperialistic nation that resembles a game of social darwinism. How you think any of this reflects jesus's very hippie like teachings is beyond me.

I never said it did what I'm saying is certain aspects of Christianity made up the social fabric of America which had been eroded since the 60s. Without the social cohesion provided by Christianity (monogamy, temperance, prudence, work ethic, charity) the American nation will decline

You know there are people who spend their lives studying this type of thing right? There are a lot of reasons for what you perceive to be a decline. More importantly, you have a ridiculously rose colored view of the past.

Monogamy has always been a lie with cheating on the side and America has always been packed with drunks.

You are missing the point entirely

No I get it. You think being uptight and weird about sex has been the cause of our greatness rather than the huge laundry list of understood causes for America's supremacy.

I agree with you user, and is a faggot who has no idea what they're talking about.

Christianity was organically derived from white people. White countries without Christianity end up poor holes, see Soviet Union

You could ask any retarded trailer trash this question and you would get the answers that you guys are spouting.

Christianity is a middle eastern ideology. Made up by semitic peoples.

>blacks collectively live in squalor for thousands of years making zero progress in any of their African societies
>white dude goes out into the jungle alone and in only days builds luxuries the likes of which Africans have never seen before with nothing but the resources in the immediate vicinity of his hut
But race is only a social construct obviously.

Key term "Americanized"

He said christianity originated with white people, it didn't.

Fair

You write like you have something unique to say, but you don't. Just because retarded trailer trash might agree with us doesn't make it wrong.

There is a valid argument that the rise in permissive attitudes towards non-traditional sex affects society, and that the withering of American Christianity contributes to the decline. I'm not a Christian and I can see that.

Your responses read like >pic related

The watered down, secular, overly materialist protestant version of the Christian faith in America is also why the spiritual health of the country is in decline. Not a fair trade I would say.

>There is a valid argument that the rise in permissive attitudes towards non-traditional sex affects society, and that the withering of American Christianity contributes to the decline.

Interesting, what is the justification for that argument? Sounds like wild speculation when there are far more obvious reasons for any decline you might be perceiving.

I envy protestantism its what made America great. Thats why it must be eliminated. I would rather plunge the world into the dark ages for the sake of pride.

ITT: people not understand the distinct nature of "American Christianity"

Not sure I agree with that though protestants tend to be a bit more progressive

The fool says in his heart there is no God. Whites think that God forgot....like karma doesn't exist. I just pray my family is safe when he unleashes his wrath.

Actually it was the Romans who basically invented what we consider Christianity. There are no first hand accounts of Christ's life so there were many conflicting gospels. The Romans under Constantine basically decided what canonical Christian doctrine would be and established what we call Christianity.

Saying it's a semitic religion is like saying Mormonism is a semitic religion.

Well then lets talk about the important part of his argument.

>White countries without Christianity end up poor holes, see Soviet Union

Very interesting because with the exception of the united states, all the best white countries are the least religious.

Niggers ruined america. Niggers ruin everything.

Kafka said that to the modern non-religious secular person, state bureaucracy is the closest they come to the dimensions of the divine. When you remove the moral foundation of Christianity, which our law is partially based on, you get laws requiring employers to use made up gender pronouns.

>far more obvious reasons for any decline you might be perceiving

...such as?

>When you remove the moral foundation of Christianity, which our law is partially based on, you get laws requiring employers to use made up gender pronouns.

I really am amazed that you look around and that's the major problem to you.

>...such as?

By what measure is the US declining? I see a lot of fear mongering and I see no good arguments. Instability? It's happened before, and it's been much worse, it comes and goes.

True Protestantism, ie, the version practiced in the 1700s and 1800s in America, is "progressive" in the sense that it puts a heavy emphasis on faith, putting forward your best effort in all that you do, and staying away from degeneracy.

The point of Christianity was not about achieving worldly success. The examples of Jesus and all his apostles demonstrate that

>I really am amazed
You should get out more, talk to people.

>the major problem to you
I never said that, I said:

>There is a valid argument
>the withering of American Christianity contributes

>Instability?
You haven't even thought it through; you don't have an opinion, your opinion has you.

>You should get out more, talk to people.

I do, no one has encountered this issue in their daily lives. Trannies are 3 out of 1000. It's annoying in the media, there are bigger issues.

>There is a valid argument
>the withering of American Christianity contributes

Right and you haven't supported that argument at all. I guessed instability because I don't see the US declining. Declining to you seems like not being christian, but people don't consider that a nation in decline. It's called change.

>no one has encountered this issue in their daily lives
>Trannies are 3 out of 1000
> It's annoying in the media
>there are bigger issues

It is annoying, and they are statistically insignificant. So why are we talking about them? That's my point. Of course there are bigger issues, it's symptomatic.

>I guessed
>I don't see
>It's called change.

Opinion, opinion, and change isn't always good.

Lol start making your point whenever you think of how to support it. It's clearly taking a while.

You can't even shitpost well. Back to Sup Forums, faggot.

Lol trying to get you to formulate an argument was a waste. You have nothing, if only you had the balls to admit it.

>Lol
>formulate

You must be so euphoric right now.

>There is a valid argument that the rise in permissive attitudes towards non-traditional sex affects society, and that the withering of American Christianity contributes to the decline

Define decline and then back up your assertion or tuck your tail between your legs like the little bitch that you are. Not making an argument or opting out of another post will just confirm that you don't have shit and that I'm right.

I already know that I am, I just want to see how you handle being wrong.

Weber's protestant ethic is predicated on a generalization that protestantism = calvinism, when a small minority of professing American Christians at any time were Calvinist
I just wrote a paper about it

Catholicism has been a leading force in liberalizing America for centuries

Ahh, there it is. The sickness. The faggot within. I knew the real you would come up eventually. Just because you repeat yourself doesn't make you right. All that phony sophistication won't make you right, and it won't make you smart.

slavery objectively made the US poorer

Right so you never made an argument when challenged because you have nothing but nonsense Sup Forums memes. Thanks for playing fag.

I made my argument, you're just not that bright. It's sad because you think you're original.

>and Catholic

>USA
>Catholic

kek

Not really. Catholics only vote democrat because they have come to believe in taxation as a form of charity. Divorce and infidelity are still huge sins as is gay marriage. Forget about abortion too. If any group fits the definition of fiscally liberal but socially conservative, it's Catholics. Pope Francis may be liberal but Pope John Paul II was decidedly conservative as was Benedict.

An argument requires support and evidence which you don't have. Hence you don't have an argument. You just bitched about your delicate feelings.

yeah and yet you still call me a mick, a paddy a potato nigger

fuckin burgers your welcome motherfuckers

Catholicism is the largest religion in America dumbass

>all the best white countries are the least religious

all the best countries are white and christian

>By what measure is the US declining?

>delicate feelings

>Palestinian desert myth

>America is a consumerist and imperialistic nation that resembles a game of social darwinism
>How you think any of this reflects jesus's very hippie like teachings is beyond me
>You know there are people who spend their lives studying this type of thing right?
>Monogamy has always been a lie with cheating on the side and America has always been packed with drunks.

You're a whinging cunt who makes sweeping generalizations.

"Exception of the United States"

You're retarded

Those are designed and built by dutch-Afrikaner-German engineers and foremen.

Okay, so an actual measure.

Now, what does QE have to do with casual sex.

God bless America and may she rise again healthy and renewed

We could look at individual states to. There is a strong trend that amounts to religious = poor and shitty nonreligious = rich and developed.

Also happens to almost perfectly reflect IQ... Huh.

Catholics vote Democrat because they are liberal

What kind of Catholicism? "White" catholicism that barely was catholic, because of the calvinist/puritan sea which was at the foundation of the US? Or latino catholicism, which is also flawed because of the catastrophic shape of hispanic states and non-existent public morality? Catholic latinos in the USA also have more children out of wedlock than WASP. I don't know whether there has been a time of a true catholic influence in the US. Maybe in particular counties and states

Nothing, but QE is like this:

Years ago we fell off a cliff. We are still in economic freefall. Not long ago we fell past ground level, but instead of hitting the ground, we fell into a hole.

QE is the fed desperately trying to dig the hole faster than we're falling, trying to outrun gravity. We know gravity is going to catch up, and we know the impact will be quick and painful, but we don't know exactly when.

Frankly I'm fucking amazed I can still go to the store and buy things with FRN's

Or christian values. The Fed has been up to its fractional reserve banking since America was very christian and has not changed because of religion.

>Catholics supporting faggots, abortion, communism disarming civilian populations.

You're not even functionality retarded, more like...kicked in the head by a horse retarded.

Did I pick a casual factor? No I did not, I'm simply pointing out a correlation that may or not mean something.

Literally the first line on Wikipedia you fuckin idiot
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_in_the_United_States?wprov=sfsi1

>Nothing, but QE is like this:
>
>Years ago we fell off a cliff. We are still in economic freefall. Not long ago we fell past ground level, but instead of hitting the ground, we fell into a hole.
>
>QE is the fed desperately trying to dig the hole faster than we're falling, trying to outrun gravity. We know gravity is going to catch up, and we know the impact will be quick and painful, but we don't know exactly when.
>
>Frankly I'm fucking amazed I can still go to the store and buy things with FRN's

I work in finance, yours is the best summary of that epic clusterfuck I've come across so far.
The weirdest aspect is probably that the US had been at this same point in 1937 already.

Not an argument
The statistics speak for themselves

This user is beyond repair

>Catholic

In what way did Catholicism influence America's success whatsoever?

This user is also beyond repair

You are not

Feel free to make points at any time chief.

What is your basis for asserting American catholics are not liberal?

>Americanized Christianity

You mean the scotfield reference bible?

I didn't assert that

If this is you, the same ID I replied to,
Then you stated that catholics are socially conservative

You need to read up on the Catholic church's stances and catholic social teaching. Ever hear of "love the sinner hate the sin?"

I am telling you that American catholics profess liberal stances at these rates, not addressing the theology

I know only of protestantism (calvinism) that influenced you in developing this "whatever sticks, we'll try and develop however we can" mentality. How catholicism influenced you, I do not know.

Your stats literally prove Catholics to be more conservative and moderate than liberal. Good try

The Catholic Church today is NOT the same Church that was around before Vatican II.

Vatican II was the murder of the Church. It was done by freemasons and jews.

What we have today is the zombie church run by homosexuals and satanists.

I have nothing to do with the bishop or vatican. I am a Traditional Catholic that goes to Latin Mass run by SSPX. They follow the old teachings before Vatican II.

So when you look at the Catholics today and see all liberals (Ted Kennedy, Nancy Pelosi, etc) those were NOT the Catholics of old.

I think this is an interesting stance and I commend you for being bold on the trends in your church, but doesn't the theology dictate that you recognize the Pope as having the keys to the kingdom and a divine authority in setting doctrine?

Actually this is true protestantism right here by the Reformer himself, Luthor

Weber's "Prot ethic" is in fact bad for Protestantism as it shows how secularism is needed to fix it. The whole work ethic rose out of Salvific fear of how to know who is elect. Wealth becomes the sign and people started working to get this sign of being the elect. Webet also sees Protestantism as another nail in the death of Christianity particularly through his idea of disenchantment. Protestantism brings this forward and the next step...Atheism

The major difference I'm seeing though, is that the depression back then was deflationary in nature. 40% of the nations money supply was taken out of circulation the night of the crash, so while that did huge damage, what money people were holding onto became far more valuable, and saving was a viable thing to do.

These days we're seeing a much slower, creeping inflationary one. The money won't just hyper inflate one day, but that effect has already happened over decades. I went and did the math, and since 1913 the dollar has lost 50% of it's value every 23 years. That means it will cost you 200 dollars to buy what 100 does now, and what cost 25 46 years ago costs you 100 now.

It's where the wealth gap comes from, and it's how people with low end jobs had houses and we don't.

>raised by liberal catholics, there are a lot of them out there

even my liberal catholic parents think vatican II was a mistake

Uncertainty of salvation is found in Catholicism and calvinism, not non-calvinistic evangelicalism

It is only found in Calvinism because of the fact that nobody knows who is elect or not. But in terms of Catholicism one knows one must cling on to the end to win. In Calvinism...you cannot since it could be that at any moment it is planned you'll 'fall' away meaning God never choose you to begin with. To Weber, the obsession with the assurance of salvation is what marks the birth or development of modern capitalism