5000 passengers

>5000 passengers
>1 autodoc

>fishbourne wakes up
>doesnt wake up the rest of the crew in an emergency

How many of the other 4,097 passengers also had pod errors and will wake up on the cusp of death?

>doesnt wake up the rest of the crew in an emergency

The crew would then be dead by the time of arrival.

>not willing to condemn the rest of the crew to a lingering death when he's got two retards already to help him fix things
>what a bastard, eh?

well wake up a couple then. he was dying and nearly doomed the whole fucking ship.

Where did they get the soil to sustain all those plants? Can't all have been JLaw's shit

The storage bay was full of farming equipment. Presumably some of it was top soil and fertilizer.

Also plants don't need dirt to grow.

There was a bit of soil in the arboretum where he got the trees, but by the time everybody else woke up that had been added to by the plants shedding their leaves for a couple of decades.

what if they go back to sleep

So they fucked over the future settlers for their shitty garden?

>JLaw and Pratt waste all the resources to plant muh garden
>entire colony ship starves to death when they arrive and wake up
so romantic

He converted 10% of the sleeping colonists into compost.

THEY CANT. Did you even watch the movie?

The first few plants were hydroponic.
The plants after that grew naturally in the waste of the original plants.

No, I heard it was terrible. Why did you?

Is this real?

They said in the movie that by the time the crew would come to their senses after being in hibernation for so long the ship would have exploded anyways so they had to move quickly.

Of course it's real

It's a closed system you fucking retards.

They "wasted" more resources by eating breakfast.

Jesus Christ dude.

>not waking up girls one b one, having them fall in love with you, then killing them when they stop cooperating or you get bored
>hide the bodies in one the rooms no one is going to check
>sometimes wake up 2 at a time for threesomes
>keep one of two alive chained up in a rape dungeon in one of the many rooms you've prepared
> eventually wake up every hot girl
>have rape/seduce all of them
>keep each of them chained up in a different holding room
>get them all pregnant
>have like 100 kids, all from beautiful women
>raise them to be a cult
>when you're like 70 and can no longer get it up, kill yourself because your cult is going to turn into an anarchic, incestuous hell hole
>ship finally arrives when your first generation progeny are in their 50s
>there are like 200 of spawn or spawn of your spawn on board
>other passengers wake up and are immediately subjugated by your famly rape cult

mmm damn

maybe I'd just keep things simple and wake up a new ultra-hotty every couple of years.

just how bad is jlaw's acting in this?

How do they hibernate people for return trip?

Kek

how did the tree grow so big when it had onl been there for 90 years?

it was thicker than most 300 year trees

actually not that bad but still bad. movie sucks though.

There is no return trip...

Surprisingly good.

Yes there was, that was the whole point of JLaw's character. Wanted to write about returning to earth in the future or something like that.

soil is irrelevant what I wanna know id what carbon source did the plants use in order to grow?

Most plants pull CO2 which is where the majority of their carbon supply comes from.

I seriously doubt that ship had significant carbon in the normative atmosphere of the ship, as we saw most of the plants were in stasis tubes themselves.

Not only that but the plants would have caused a super oxygen rich environment, fires and explosions should have been common throughout the ship and the two passengers would have developed some form of hyperoxia.

How do you govern a place where communication takes centuries?

Supposedly humans had a fleet of worlds but I don't see how they possibly had any sort of cohesive government or even a familiar language after that much time.

would have made a better movie

>There's replacement parts for everything!
>No replacement parts for the Autodoc that could potentially be assembled into a whole Autodoc

yeah, because the ship that's got a lunch-dispenser doling out bacon wouldn't have a system in place to keep the oxygen levels at the right levels.

it has closed resources, it can't just fart out oxygen into space it would have to recombine it into CO2 and the food dispenser isn't a replicator it's probably just re-hydrated.

>incestuous

no you just wake up more people

>sending mail from the ship to earth and getting mail back would take about 60 years, and that was when they were only 30 years into the trip
>costs over 6 thousand dollars

What the hell is even the point? You would be dead before you even received a reply, doesn't make sense for that service even to exist other than to maybe siphon extra money from retards i guess.

>>hide the bodies
>not throwing them out of the airlock

You literally see those butler robots from the restaurant carrying boxes full of fruits in the last shot of the movie

>1 butler robot
>for 4k passengers and crew

>he's an engineer
>spend 10 years building a makeshift pod. they have the drugs, the gasses, the materials, the instructions, etc for it. Just design and build your own pod. go under. The other person stays awake for a year to make sure it doesn't break. The other person uses the medipod. They both get to wake up when they land.

What's even more dumb about the actual ending is they didn't show their kids/grand kids. They should have done that.

I would assume they always went to the same place, same for there being probably more than this one tiny pool.
Also it's 5000 passengers and around 230 crew.

>end of movie the whole main level is completely overgrown
Made me chuckle a bit, i just imagine the 5k passengers waking up and thinking "nice one assholes where the fuck do we hang out now". I mean 5k people seems like it would be pretty cramped in there, breakfast must be a living hell.

>airlock just blows out all the air instead of first sucking all the air out of the room and only then opening the outer door

Who designed this? George Lucas?

Why would the autopilot pilot the ship through a asteroid field anyway?
even with shield this would be dangerous as the computer shows.

Do you think its the biggest problem of that movie?

Does communication take centuries or just the journey?

ship can't steer when it's like 50% of C

both. The computer said it takes decades to receive a message

Which is stupid as they slingshot around a star which is impossible with that kind of speed

the first of many
At least the whole design and look is decent.

yeah totally

>At least the whole design and look is decent.
actually it was my biggest complaint. It was too clean. As a scifi fan I just turned a blind eye to the most of stupid shit that was shown. At least they dealt with space trash problem using shields

>only one wake
>doesn't throw all none white out the airlock
He could have saved the new planet

The real question is why didn't he draw dicks on the sleeping people?

Because he creampied all of theme

grandkids implies their kids did incest

Who told you he didnt do it. It was in the Directors Cut

Damn I would impregnant all women. So my superior genes will create a fantastic new human living on the planet

why even have the service when everyone is suppose to be asleep anyway

passengers
autodoc
Don't forget
>We have spare parts for everything!
>Except for building another autodoc

And
>We can bring people back from brain death because steam cells
>But we can't increase our life span till infinity and beyond

>PANDORUM

>>not waking up girls one b one, having them fall in love with you, then killing them when they stop cooperating or you get bored
Genuinelly thought this
Also from time to time you might want to choke them to death during sex because it's fun not just because they don't cooperate or you got bored

Do you think they had any children?

>a ship that had automated cleaning services and no-one living on it looked too clean

U wot?

I didnt mean like dust clean but the design was too clean and too bright

>reactor problem
>somehow this makes robots fall apart like jenga towers

if you impregnated a woman while she was in a pod, presumably the baby wouldn't be hibernating inside her
would she give birth to it in her sleep or would it just continue growing inside her?

>1 reactor
>1 computer
>1 bar
>1 autodoc
>In a big ass ship for 5500 people

>colonists
>bring a writer with them

what possible use could they have for a women whose only skill is writing?

I mean sure she's another womb to aid in reproduction, but couldn't they find any other woman with a slightly more useful skillset?

It was the computer system managing the reactor that was fucked, requiring the ship to use other subsystems for the computing, which caused them to burn out since they weren't designed to take that strain.

That ship was more advanced than Star Trek ships, really. No need for an engineer to redirect power or anything like that, it just did it itself. It just didn't have ftl-travel technology.

but the real short coming was
>1 bathroom

Not after the shit with reactor. Or maybe they got some little kronenbergs and threw them overboard

*that

All bodily functions cease when inside a pod.

Alright maybe i'm a retard but this has been bothering me. Why is it that when Jim after he ignited the reactor and was drifting through space without the safety cord he remained in the presence of the ship? It was travelling about half the speed of light so shouldn't he have been millions of miles away before Aurora could even get to him?

Yes you are retard

the fact the ship had no failsafes what so ever and constantly used that word wrong is the biggest plot hole

the ship was travelling at half c but inside teh ship's frame of reference he was only moving at a few meters per second

exactly the same as how the planet is moving at 19 miles a second through space but inside the planet's reference frame, you are only travellingafew meters per second

Inertia is a thing, dude, especially in space. You know, no air.

>"how do we fix the reactor!?!"

>"theres a replacement part for everything"

WHY DIDNT THEY JUST BUILD ANOTHER FUCKING INFIRMARY POD???

They werent in a warp bubble. He also 'had' that speed

Frames of reference. He was already travelling at the same speed as the ship when he jumped out, and in space there's no friction to slow you down, so he keeps moving at half c like the ship was.

If you're not trolling, it's because he had the same speed like the ship. If you're trolling, you got my (You)

I would commit so much rape

when I got bored of raping I'd trick assengers into falling in love with me like he did to jlaw

Inertia and gravitational pull

If she hadn't eaten anything in years it would die.

What you mean with frame of reference? Like gravitational pull?

Nope. That the 'helthcare' is for free like the medic robot wouldn't ask for 10k shekels to heal you

fuck sake, think of bouncing a ping pong ball on a table inside a moving train and (you) outside looking at it.

This, it's literally just the plot of pandorum

the reason you don't just fall off the earth, that is moving 19 miles a second through the void, whenever you jump, is not gravity. Its the fact you are also moving 19 miles a second.

Theyd charge you for that anyway

No. The trunk diameter was consistent with what you would expect from a 90 year old oak.

It doesn't have closed resources it has stored resources.

Why would they need more than one?

Alright got it. Thanks.

>blow
>suck
Why do you have a 12 year old's conceptual understanding of physics?

If one get's broken or meltsdown so you can just throw it from the ship

Yes it can. As easily as it can at 1mph.

Yes you can. As long as the acceleration force is withstand-able.