What the fuck is this movie? I honestly don't know if it's good or bad...

What the fuck is this movie? I honestly don't know if it's good or bad. There's awesome scenes with Penguin and Catwoman, and the stuff between Bruce and Selina is great, and some of the comedy stuff is good, and Penguin can be genuinely creepy at times..... but then you have Walken hamming it up with lines like "My blood? I already GHAVE! At the HOFFICE!", mindcontrolled penguins with rocket launchers, little people in penguin outfits pallbearing Penguin into the sewer water, Catwoman still being alive after being shot four times and electrocuted because she literally has 9 lives.....

Seriously, what the fuck is this movie? Is it horrible or is it amazing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zL3PgFBXioU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You should just fucking kill yourself user, you're a worthless sack of shit.

How come there was no Penguin anywhere near the Nolan (the only good Batman) movies?

The only good comic book movie desu

have you even looked inside a comic book before, nigger?

Batman Returns is awesome, but you have to understand that it's not even a capeshit movie, it's a fucking fairy tale - which is why there is tons of illogical shit like the blueprints of the Batmobile, cats biting Michelle and giving her life etc. etc.

So yeah, it's amazing.

>not liking based walken
>not liking penguins with rocket launchers
>not tearing up at the pallbearing scene
>not expecting catwoman to have 9 lives

That single shot where Bruce Wayne is just sitting in Wayne Manor brooding is the best shot, character development, and tone setting scene in any superhero movie yet to be made, and better than most scenes in alot of modern movies

>Perfectly balances the over the top, campy nature of the comics with darker visuals and more dramatic subject matter
>Batman isn't a neckbeard power fantasy, he's accurately portrayed as a disturbed individual who's ultimately just as damaged as his villains
>Handles a romantic storyline better than any superhero movie before or after has, along with most action movies in general
>Keaton, Pfeiffer, Devito, and Walken are all perfect
>Features some of Burton's best set design
>One of Elfman's best scores
>That ballroom scene
>Great Christmas/winter atmosphere
>Based Siouxsie & the Banshees

>Features some of Burton's best set design

Well, one of the only weaknesses of the movie is the small scale of Gotham. It feels like there is only one fucking car and one or two blocks in the whole city.

Walken is always great, the penguins with rocket launchers are the movie's biggest problem.

The final confrontation between batman catwoman and walken is pure kino.

Tge dialogue and pacing was classic batman

Best Batman movie ever, desu. Pure kino. Silly, gloomy, sinister, dark, campy. Fantastic atmosphere.

How can one scene be so kinoriffic?

I always loved that in Burton's movies it felt like Bruce Wayne was Batman's costumed alter-ego instead of the other way around.

It's a shame the genius of this movie wasn't appreciated at the time. Imagine if Burton got to make a Batman 3 with Keaton?

Burton's Batman movies were amazing, I really wish they'd have kept going with this style.

>You will never get to see Billy Dee Williams as Two-Face

;___;

And then we'd have gotten more of Pfeiffer Catwoman too and their relationship could've been developed more.

And Robin Williams as the Riddler.

Am I the onl one who felt bad for Oswald?
+Me as a kid wasn't prepared for his death and penguins sending him off.

True. It's Batman's story in Edward Scissorhands world basically.

I loved this exchange.

>The Penguin: You're just jealous, because I'm a genuine freak and you have to wear a mask!
>Batman: You might be right.

The Burton films understood the psychology of Batman better than the Nolan ones.

>muh realism

If Nolan could get away with it, the trilogy would have just been Special-Forces Man beating up mafia thugs for three films

In the third movie we had the masketta man...

>It's a fairy tale

>Am I the onl one who felt bad for a sympathetic character
Yes, what's wrong with you?

this pic really made me think about this Superman project Orson Welles worked on for 10 years

TDKR Bane is in name only

>Batman & Robin gives us strong Bane who actually dresses up like the one in the comics and uses Venom but is a retard
>TDKR gives us smart Bane who breaks Batman's back but is a lackey to Talia and has no other Bane-like characteristics
Just combine them for the next try and voila.

>Bruce doesn't know what to do with his life when he's out of costume
>He just sits in the dark waiting for the batsignal to go on.

Fucking amazing take on the character, I also loved how in Batman, he even seemed a stranger in his own home.

Also why did he have all those cameras in his house?

It was the god tier elfmann score playing with your fee fees user

>Not liking based as fuck Walken

I'd post him dangling a fish but I don't have it.

>iwasjustpretendingtoberetarded.jpg

I'm not sure your reply really fits what I posted.

Which one is the better movie, Batman or Batman Returns?

I'm going to go with Returns because Catwoman > Vale.

My man

The inspiration for the visual appearance of the penguin is much too obvious

Yeah, it's in the name.