How did this only get 65%? I know rotten is b.s. and you should form your own opinion but 65...

How did this only get 65%? I know rotten is b.s. and you should form your own opinion but 65? Wtf this is one of the better capeshits. It mixes seriousness and jokes well and brings iconic scenes to life almost straight from the comic? It also had some really fun fight scenes. What gives?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5oltd-Jsi2I
youtube.com/watch?v=o4vfhrDylUQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Idk. I dropped both Dr. Strange and Deadpool but love Watchmen.

>I know this site is shit at ratings but why is this movies rating bad?

OP are you a literal retard?

because the surface of the movie is zack snyder unironically smearing his adolescent roid-rage bullshit all over a comic that was a deconstruction of zack snyder's entire personality

There are some legitimately great parts that zack couldn't ruin (everything with jon osterman) but overall the movie is a ridiculous mess.

I never said rt is shit at ratings. I said you should make your own opinion.

Probably a great example of why adapting some of the original dialogue does not always work. Some of the lines made me damn cringe when I first saw this.

>complex narrative structure

what???

>this site is bs and you should have the right to your opinion but why does this bs site not share my own personal opinion?

Autism

I really liked how the best line of the entire comic wasn't in any version of the movie. Because zack clearly did not understand it.

This was released on the back of Iron Man and TDK, so standards were a but higher back then for capeshit. If it was released now it would be around 90%

>Shitty movie gets above average score

I know it's crazy.

>It mixes seriousness and jokes well and brings iconic scenes to life
> It also had some really fun fight scenes

Is this seriously the level of discourse we're at? Jesus Christ

we've been at that level for a while.

its mostly because its been a shit decade for movies, though

What's the line?

I give it a 7. It was very long and a fun watch.

Bruh we talkin capeshit here. How deep u wanna get?

This was the movie that paved the way for kino such as Man of Steel. it's deserves appreciation.

it's good but has problems

youtube.com/watch?v=5oltd-Jsi2I

because JDM wore a fucking muscle suit

Because it's a really shitty, boring, badly paced movie. It's like V for Vendetta, absolutely dogshit but plebbits get to pretend it's edgy and a cult classic instead of garbage.

Moshi moshi bait desu

>boring
not enough punching and quips?

Nothing ever ends

I hated it. I really wanted to like it, I watched it in theater and didn't enjoy it. Then I watched the extended cut on blu-ray to try again because everyone was saying it was so great but it was just so fucking boring and pretentious. I feel that way about all of Zack Snyder's movies, there's just something lacking about them that makes me feel like i'm just watching a videogame cutscene and not an actual movie.

People hate what they don't understand

Never found the line all that memorable, personally. But probably because it's a wholly obvious point.

I like the comic, but the movie just feels lifeless and devoid of any worthwhile merit.

that snyder completely missed

>not enough punching and quips?
More like too many edgy crapsack characters with little depth or imagination. As this user says it's just boring as fuck. Everyone's miserable and an asshole bloo bloo Look at me everyone I'm the -edgy- capeshit bloo bloo. It's like a 16 year old trying to design deep characters, same as V for Vendetta.

>Wtf this is one of the better capeshits

Nice argument. Also a 65% for a Zack Snyder movie is like 99% for any other director, guy's a complete meathead who accidently got a good scipt and brought it down several notches with his "directing"

It has its issues, but the Dr. Manhattan origin sequence is pretty perfect.

youtube.com/watch?v=o4vfhrDylUQ

Well, if you are gonna make a MATURE film about Superheroes, that is also GROUNDBREAKING, you need to take one mature and groundbreaking work of art (Watchmen comic) and translate it all the way to the screen (The Watchmen movie) but making sure that you take everything to the EXTREME:

1. Violence - There was a guy breaking fingers and burning people in the comic, it was sorta groundbreaking for its time. So, what we need MORE VIOLENCE, this means that every important character in here needs to murder a lot of people, be involved into long slow-mo fight scenes and show their enemies die in very bloodly and EXTREME death scenes.

2. Sex - Masked vigilantes are actually shown having sex in the comic, it was sorta groundbreaking for its time. So, as we are UPGRADING the comic, we need a full soft-core sex scene like the ones we see all the time in a bunch of cheap pseudo-romantic films.

3. Plot - There were an enormous amount of plots and subplots within the original comics with a lot of it focused on character development and flashbacks, which was something unseen in comics. So, what we need to make it even BETTER, is to make a 3-hour long movie with as many plots and subplots you can fit in, but it's impossible to include everything, so we remove a lot of superficial stuff like THE MAIN PLOT IN THE COMIC, so we can focus on already mentioned slow-mo action and sex scenes.

4. Themes - The comic was constructed with complex philosophical and emotional conflicts, creating a profound reflection of the human condition and our place on the universe. So, to translate it properly to film, what we need is to forget most of this nonsense nobody cares about, care only about some kinda ambiguous moral choices of the characters, so we keep the "philosophical tone" of the comic.

5 Characters - One of the greatest things of the original work are its complex 3-dimensional characters, that create a very human tale. So what we do? Take some actors that look alike, make them say some very relevant quotes from the comic in a very serious tone, and remove most flashbacks and most of their development so we can see them superficially, as all of this doesn't matter, since it's just a movie.

Well, that's all I've got to say, I think you get the point.

It is said in the film though. But the original scene is cut and its said by Laurie, something along the lines of 'Like Jon used to say, "Nothing ever ends"'.

Moore is right to hate these films.

>people will never understand the genius of Snyder
such a shame

one of the worst movies ever made
literally garbage for pseudos think they're smart

Is this bait?

it's one of the best capeshit ever made, possibly the best. Snyder has elevated capeshit to new heights (see watchmen or Man of steel)

the only good thing about that is that scene was cut from most versions of the movie

you should be lobotomized you fucking mongrel.

Best line of Watchmen was the "too late. Always has been. Always will be."

>zack snyder unironically smearing his adolescent roid-rage bullshit all over a comic that was a deconstruction of zack snyder's entire personality

absolutely fucking this

No its the one that Dr Manhattan says about silk being a miracle

The site has a horrible rating system and most critics are on the verge of being legally retarded... not really surprising.

>Man of steel
Man of Steel was terrible though senpai. It had one good fight scene that wasn't even the final one, and had Pa 'Let the tornado kill me so I don't have to be in this movie anymore' Kent being such a fucking piece of shit.

not an argument

it wasn't supposed to be it was a suggestion

>rorshack
>good lines

want to know how I can tell you're underage?

Because its garbage just like the cartoon book

This is literally the deepest capeshit can be and Snyder missed the Fucking point

>Man of Steel was terrible
stopped reading there. stick to quips kid

If Znyder understood anything about it he wouldn't have had Rorshach actually kill the dog food producers.

>I know RT is bullshit but let me show you how assblasted I am about bullshit
That score isn't one of quality, retard. RT hasn't deemed Watchmen a D of a movie. That's the percentage of professional reviews that viewed the movie favorably.

I really, really hate this board

its so great being completely unable to leave

I thought it was shit. 2/10.

RT is based on Theatrical releases. And like a lot of Snyders movies, they're only good when the extended cuts come out. His movies are so fucking long they have to get butchered for theatrical releases.

It's a bad adaptation and once again Snyder misses the point of the source material.

No idea. It's one of the 6 good comic films.

I know.
It's as if this shithole is an abusive relationship.

Just like any good kino it's simply on a level 99.9999% of humanity will never understand.

Pretty much this. All these characters are supposed to be disfunctional, immature and overall fucked up but Snyder just thinks they're fucking awesome.

> this is one of the better capeshits
doesn't mean it's actually good

it just so happens that this film was judged on its merits as a film instead of on its merits as capeshit

This.

it'll go down as a cult classic. Snyder is a master of his craft. he's what Nolan wishes he was.

Its more along the lines only people who are brainfucked in the first place think the extended editions are any better

this, how to find a watchmen poser
>duuuuuuuuude Rorsch was so COOL.....

I don't think it's not adaptable, they picked a bad director who missed the point of the comic all together.

cultists are generally retarded, breh

I'm sorry you enjoy braindead jesus metaphors and the shittiest 'gritty' superman in decades senpai. Oh wait, I forgot that Pa Kent telling Superman he should let a Bus full of children die makes it gripping and provocative.

WAAAAAAAAH WHY NO FUN AND QUIPS IN MUH COMIC BOOK MOVIE?

stop invencible shitposter

If Snyder understood anything, he wouldn't have made the movie. It was a comic about comics, and therefore the idea of an adaptation itself was dumb.
I mean, take Dr. Manhattan. The idea of him being able to be in the present, in the past and in the future is directly related with the comic medium itself, where a character can be in any panel, in any page and any time you flip back and forward, he'll be there. It was just like taking that aspect of the medium and making it literal. That shit makes no fucking sense in a movie.

negro these are movies centered around people who dress up as bats to punch clowns.

>This is literally the deepest capeshit can be
Watchmen is contrived and juvenile. It oozes edgelord frustration and terrible, incoherent philosophy. If you think Watchmen is the heigh of anything else but defensive menchildren trying to meme their insecurities about a shit tier hobby into "having class", you make me sad.

I liked it, and I agree is one of the few tolerable capeshit out there, but I think a 65 is fair; it's just that the rest of the capeshit get way too high scores.

the flaws:
>tried to replicate a comic straight from the panels
cinematography suffers here, since most of the frames weren't effective in motion
>actions scenes felt out of place
the slow mo felt cartoony and fight scenes were so scarce that there was really no point in making them like that
>the pace

the pros:
>good casting and strong performances
>good use of a sountrack
>overall a good adaptation from a source that didn't need an adaptation

things people need to ignore:
>the changes from the source

That's the point though, they say Watchmen isn't something that would make sense to people who weren't seasoned comic readers in their 30's. It's entire purpose to make you, a comic fan, realize your medium is terrible.

bottom left panel is still one of my all-time favorite panels and most emotional in all comics I've read (indie, cape, alt, etc)

>NO! MY FACE! GIVE IT BACK!

>There was a guy breaking fingers and burning people in the comic

To be fair, Watchmen actually kinda downplayed the violence so that when it struck it had more punch. Rorschach breaking a guy's finger is disturbing in the simplicity.

Meanwhile in the movie, Nite Owl 2, a character who dislikes violence and clashed with both Rorshach and Comedian over it, beats thugs and gives them compound fractures like it's no thing.

Snyder a shit.

Because literally the rape scene

>an incomplete and butchered adaptation of a 25-year old comic that instead of subverting people's expectations of the superhero genre it plays them up
>ahead of it's time

I'm going to have to agree, Rotten Tomatoes would do this.

Somebody save entertainment from this feminized mess.

Good and popular are not the same thing OP.
This movie is a good adaptation and a good drama but people that likes noir dramas with humanized characters usually won't go see a super hero movie because super hero movies are about explosions and whatnot... On the other hand people who likes super hero movies don't want to see a slow detective drama. They go for the fantastic action sequences and doesn't even care about the source material most of the time.

So basically the only people that would actually enjoy Watchmen are the people that already know what watchmen is all about. Fans. That's a really limited target audience.

The capeshit audience really have no taste at all and settles for origin stories with fun effects and arguing if Marvel is better or DC is better.
Simple minded folks that would just get bored by a real movie. You just can't ask more of them...

It's the public from MCU, DC, Fast and the furious and trasnformers or TMNT movies after all...

To be fair, the deconstruction effect of Watchmen on the comic industry doesn't go beyond a few people talking about it. Kinda the same people do when talking about Snyder flicks.

Not a snyder fag by the way.

Ever consider that he's not talking to you whiny comic fags? Ever consider that he's talking about the movie as a whole, not just the plot that pisses you comic fags off? The movie looked totally unique.

Never read any comics, but I really liked the movie.

>hey zack how do you want to shoot this cene?
>zack: just close up of Patrick Wilson's butt for 4 minutes while a cover of Hallelujah is playing
>gotchu you senpai

>hey zack how do you want to get across that rorschach is slowly becoming walter kovacs again?
>zack: why would we want kovacs again? he was a whimp. rorschach is cool. let's keep him that way. it will make his defiance of veidt's plan more awesome
>it'll also make it more hypocritical...
>zack: what?
>nothing

>I hate it because it's different

no, I hate it because it is garbage

>it's garbage because it's different

Damn, that's a great channel, thanks for sharing

the comic is terrible. there's only so much a movie could possibly do with such a retarded premise.

anyway, it has some really cool visuals, and vinyl-clad malin akerman is a sight to behold

Yeah, the comic is kinda dumb when you compare it to other pieces of literature, but there are really few comics that have good narratives, and before Watchmen, no cape comic had notable writing.

>A fucking autist with a trilby running around thinking he's hot shit

How ahead was Moore really? Making fun of fedora tippers 20 years before us damn

he did the same with V for Vagina
>we are leshun

>notsureifseriousortrolling.jpg

Would this guy have made a great Comedian?

No, you don't understand. He is a fedora.

what the hell is up with these film analysis channels and they always speak really monotone and directly into the mic?

I'm eternally more pissed about this. Like really? It wasn't even just mediocre, it was negatively bad? Really?