Why do people call sociology pseudoscience? Is it because they don't like the results they find?

Why do people call sociology pseudoscience? Is it because they don't like the results they find?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanford_prison_experiment
monoskop.org/images/4/43/Bourdieu_Pierre_Language_and_Symbolic_Power_1991.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

because sociology isn't a real science

Because you love the cock.

Bait but I'll bite.

Sociology isn't a real science because real science (Physics, Chemistry, etc.) requires empirical proof of an event; one thing definitely causes another to occur. You don't have this in sociology because they can never definitively link correlation to causation. There is always a third variable that may be causing your results.

Plus Karl Marx is considered one of the founding fathers of sociology. Which says everything you need to know.

We're still discussing Karl Marx and his criticisms of Capitalism 149 years after the publication of Das Kapital... funny that.

Because most people, if they get to go to college at all, only take soc101 which is usually taught by idealistic adjuncts and SJWs and tend to focus on social inequality through the "white priv" lens.

It is a pity because most of Sup Forums are actually sociologists and philosophers and would really love the higher-end content like Bourdieu, and would love to hate writers like Foucault.

Maybe sociology is a philosophy, and I admit it is the absolute softest of the sciences, but it is still a science because stoic sociology follows the hypothesis -> test -> hypothesis model. Like Switzerland said, there are often confounding factors - but often we can still draw conclusions.

examples of sociology experiments that are "scientific" and generally excepted:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanford_prison_experiment

*accepted. Sorry I can't stand my own typo.

In my experience I just found that much of its findings were kinda "eh, so what?" - e.g., "study found that 34% of people blah blah blah" - opposed to it bringing any hard facts to the table.

I readily admit that 90% of sociology research and publications are academically trash and based on bullshit.

The hard left / marxist camp that controls most campus discussion has a pretty solid base in our departments mostly because we welcome study of marx and communism.

In reality, good sociologists are supposed to be politically and ideologically unbiased as possible. Most of us are twats though.

If you dig linguistics and social power exchange you might dig Bourdieu:

monoskop.org/images/4/43/Bourdieu_Pierre_Language_and_Symbolic_Power_1991.pdf

*Social Psychological experiments.

Sociology itself as a field is a joke. Don't get me wrong, the premise of studying society is certainly interesting but it just turned into "Let's study class differences" which in of itself was a failed premise from the start.

>Why do people call sociology pseudoscience? Is it because they don't like the results they find?
It's because the people who study it can't be taken seriously as scientists.

This.

Charles Murray is a sociologist, and he's probably the most redpilled man in academia.

But yes, most are members of the "regressive left" who just repeat liberal "truths" about muh "privilege", "patriarchy", and "systemic racism".

Bump for interest

>Why do people call sociology pseudoscience?

Because the current crisis in peer-review (published studies found to have serious flaws in methodology or results that cannot be found by repeated studies using the same methodology) is almost entirely contained within the field of sociology

Judging logically - your chart - I mean the one you showed us - only can tell us something about the quality of work of people in these fields after they finish their studies and start to profess.

It's pseudo-science because you ignore your own data, or try to explain it away.

Actual scientists change their hypothesis when the data disagrees, sociologists change the data.

Sociology explains you foundations of all mechanisms that rule the world nowadays and how they are used to control people That's why some shill it as "pseudoscience" since it is the ultimate redpill. After 7 years of Sociology you can ask me to redpill you about anything concerning geopolitics, social psychology, manipulation etc.

Thank you for correcting that for me before I spergged out.

Sociology is nothing but SJW pesudoscience based on feelings about how they think the world should work.
I would know, I took every Sociology class I could while getting my psych degree just to make them cry.

Sup Forums likes to call psychology jew science, but its really just applied biology and has different schools of thought with some very anti-sjw ones, and if you know it you can easily defeat any sjw and the jews and their own game.

> anti sjws

Like who?

>Is it because they don't like the results they find?
No because THEY don't like the results they find.