Comes out in 8 months

>comes out in 8 months
>still no fucking trailer
There were a fuck load of reshoots and retcons after the old hag died, weren't there?

Disney is probably fighting Carrie Fisher's estate so the can CGI her in last minute. There might be a delay

Didn't they finish all of her scenes? My guess is they set up an early death scene for her in the third

Spoiler: Rey actually imagined Princess Leia. She was never actually there. And Han was senile. Also Luke never existed. Everyone should love Finn and Rey and Poe and Finn now. Just ignore old people!

>early death scene
I guarantee it will be a throwaway line from C3P0 with every other character looking sad

>Rey and Poe and Finn

Based on TFA, I am expecting a teaser trailer next month during Star Wars Celebration Orlando and then a full trailer later in the year when they start opening up ticket sales.

Trailer drops on May 4th for Star Wars day desu

What is Star Wars Celebration 2017

I'm hoping this one will be better.

TFA was okay. Now that Han is gone, I hope Luke doesn't step up and fully assume his role of "old timer who steals the spotlight entirely."

These movies feel so fiercely tethered to the original films.

>wanting a trailer for the latest disney cash in
lmao, you could figure out the entire plot by just knowing its disney anyway. youre not going to find out anything new

>failure of the prequels
>(((DISNEY)))
>relaunch trilogy
was it really surprising?

This is the most logical response. Expect this to be lost in the sea of fan boys and people trashing StarWars with made up bullshit.

Based on TFA there should have been a trailer around Christmas and a new one at Super Bowl

Less need for early teasers compared to first movie in a decade and sequel to a 32 year-old movie. We all know it's coming and what to expect. Also, they would have taken hype away from Rogue One.

Nah, I bet they make it a first act death with a planet blowing up or something. Maybe CGI ghost Leia at the end

This. The hype cycle will be shorter because they don't want to compete with themselves and make people less motivated to see Rogue One.

This is the worst title image I've ever seen. The red is fucking ugly, the stars are too simple and look like vomit, and the logo isn't even fucking transparent. 90% of the picture is just black, and it looks awful.

>failure of the prequels
Maybe in terms of quality, but certainly not the type of failure Disney would care about. Those movies made bank.

Because it's dark duuuuuuuuuuuude

>caring about trailers

Just wait until you see the fucking movie. Why are people incapable of waiting for anything anymore?

this to be t b h desu honest

It's likely going to be bad, and I really hope it manages to be a failure . The force awakens was hugely successful purely because it was the first star wars in a while. Yet it was a boring film with many flaws(poor acting, unoriginal script, unmemorable music). Obviously since its star wars it will make profit but hopefully people will stop supporting bad movies as much, if it is bad.

bad opinion

Doesn't matter how long you film for, it doesn't turn Daisy Ridley or John Boyega into even semi competent actors

But this is the dark one, this will be the Empire Strikes Back of the star wars universe. She'll die in the last jedi

>TFA was okay

Bait.

But all of those things are true. The force awakens copied the first star wars way too much. When you see elements and plots taken from another movie in excess, it's not exciting or compelling. If you have a counterpont I'm happy to hear it.

The trailer is done but it's being screened exclusively for Disney executives only.
It will probably release after the Star Wars celebration when someone records it on their phone.

Agreed. As a non star wars fan who sees all the episodes as glorified b movies I hated tfa and loved rouge one. I liked the prequels too. But I'm weird and a minority in these debates bc like I said prior they're just b movies to me. I still don't understand why people put that series on a pedestal.

>mfw all my normie friends and even my family said boyega made the movie and was their favorite character

Normies are conditioned now if its black it does nothing wrong and you can have zero criticisms of it. In fact you need to praise itm

Are you me???

>go to see tfa opening night with my star wars fanboy friends
>I'm genuinely excited bc I know nothing about the plot or next to anything about the movie
>film ends and I'm kind of just in a haze
>"Hey guys is it me or was that just a remake of new hope with a girl luke???"
>my nerd friends get mad and tell me I missed the point

To be fair my way of thinking pissed off the normie friends too. Apparently NOBODY noticed that it was a.new.hope remake with a girl Luke.

>old hag
Fight me, you millennial faggot.

>STAR THE LAST JEDI WARS

They finished filming this crap in July, Its been in post since, and I'm sure post production is done. No trailer because they're so fucking obviously saving it for that Star Wars Celebration con they do every year. Regardless of reshoots, the movie is gonna be shit. There hasn't been a good Star Wars movie in years.

May 4th like every fucking year from now on you fucking autists

Have Kylo kill her. Pure pottery.

I think there is an internal war at disney. The writers want to make star wars great again, but the CEO of Disney can't let that happen. They killed Carrie Fisher to give them an excuse to change the movie however they want.

How can they do a death scene with Carrie Fisher if she's dead?

They wouldn't CGI her would they?

Of course not.

>this was a 10/10 in fucking 1950-whatever

kill yourself, you old fart

I think calling it "A New Hope" with a girl Luke gives it too much credit. Luke started as an honest to fuck whiny hayseed, then had the "training under sensei for vengeance" thing in Empire, then had the dark emo thing that ultimately got resolved by the end of ROTJ. Rei is such a poorly constructed character who doesn't even have a reason to be the way she is. Disney didn't even bother to steal some ideas from Kurosawa movies to flesh her out somehow.

The teaser trailer will come in a few weeks at Celebration. Then the first full trailer with Guardians of the Galaxy 2 in May.

Didn't rogue one release its first trailer the day TFA hit blu-ray? I think we can expect the same.