You won't admit it but I will. Lord of the Rings is mediocre...

You won't admit it but I will. Lord of the Rings is mediocre. It's the cinematic equivalent of watching a kid play with toys, little substance and a lot of autism

Other urls found in this thread:

councilofelrond.com/modules/My_eGallery/gallery/onset_production/01onset/
youtube.com/watch?v=94pQXrsuhYQ
youtube.com/watch?v=NVpCeQqluf8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what does te and ee mean

at least you can talk! Who are you?

why the fuck did they change the look in the EE? it looked fine in the theatrical, more brighter even. Hell in some of the trailers the scenes looked so different. The passage through the marshes scene has more color in the trailer but in the film its almost black and white

theatrical and extended
tho I thought the blue filter was only on the Blu-ray extended editions

whats wrong with either one of those? neither looks bad

The example you posted aren't theatrical vs extended, it's just a production shot vs the finished film. Just so we are clear on that at least.

No shit OP, LotR was capeshit before the era of capeshit. But people here grew up watching it so they can't sift through their nostalgia to realize how shit the movies were.

The first movie is still a gold standard to me in terms of pacing and cinematography. The second and third are just CGI shitfests that go on for way too long.

>the "everyone secretly knows I'm correct but won't admit it" meme
Haven't seen this one in a while.

The problem is that in one, Saruman has white clothes, gray hair and human colored skin. In the other he is blueish green and looks like he has mild gangrene in the face.

Here's what happens when you just let a computer correct the color levels so that white is actually white.

Fellowship is the best film.
Boromir is the best character.

i prefer the way the TE looks, way more colorful and fits the theme of the film. Look at pic related, top is TE and bottom is EE. Top looks more natural and it should, given they took a lot of effort to shoot the film in real sets and locations.

shit, forgot to add pic

Wait, if that railing is at waist height for a hobbit...

This image evokes longing

not only did you fail to post

but your file name is confusing

why have ee first if it is on the bottom

fuck you user, I'm gonna kill your dog bitch

> way more colorful and fits the theme of the film

The problem is that the entire film has the same blue-shift filter applied to it. There is no addition to the theme. It just makes thing look bad.

Fixed.

no shit

So kids playing with toys is autism? What the fuck did you do as a kid?

beautiful user

So fitting to the themes!

Are these image edits or can I watch it like this?

where do I find this?

any links?

Saruman of many colors

just try and find the hue settings and adjust it to suit your taste

yea i know, i was just mentioning why they felt the need to change the color drastically since it already looks so pretty in the production pic

You'll never be white OP

Find what?

Maybe elves built it for Bilbo, they considered him a hero so I guess building him a hobbit sized apartament was how they showed him their gratitude

I think the idea is that the bronze light creates this sense of eternal dusk in rivendell. It symbolizes the ending of the elves and all that shit.

just googled some production pics. found this: councilofelrond.com/modules/My_eGallery/gallery/onset_production/01onset/
i personally have never seen most of these pics before. I'm still waiting for that 25 anniversary uncut edition or something like that, with all the deleted scenes.

so there is no actual downloadable cut that looks like this?

what a shame

daily reminder that colors are for documentaries ONLY

ah, i don't remember if it was like that in the books, all i remembered was that it was a comfy place, hence the name "the last homely place east of the sea" or something

I always knew, it's popular and came out before I became a teenager so I knew it was mediocre

theres only 2 versions of the film. Or three, really. There's the theatrical edition, there's the extended edition, which had the blue filter on the blu ray, and there's the extended edition on dvd which did not have the blue filter and more or less looked like the theatrical edition visually

tfw they finally allow you to make three movies

Why the fuck do they color grade! Which editing faggot thought adding a blue filter was a good idea

No, it's all production photos. But this is what you get when you jsut run the frames through color balancing tools in GIMP. Feel free to create a script that does that to every frame of the movie and you'll get something close to the production photos. Maybe.

I want to see all the scenes they shot. They had like a whole hour of stuff beyond the extended edition in fellowship of the ring.

is that Kubrick?

i have no dog lmao

>tfw some faggy elf makes out with your daughter behind your back

change your file name bitch

Elrond was literally Priscilla Queen of the Desert.

fucking kek some of the photos crack me up

arwen is gorgeous

I was able to admit it to myself the last time I rewatched the movies, they're kinda dull now that the novelty has worn off.

>doesn't even know that PQofD is the fucking van they drive, not an actual character.

Bottom looks much better though.

Top just looks like some midget sitting in a park.

no one would know what I was talking about if i just said his name.

It's the name of the flick, moron.

It actually has a good story with dynamic characters. Everything bad everyone else has been saying in this thread about this movie are all just superficial bullshit that doesn't really say anything about any movie.

Did they put an Elijah mask on a dwarf?

they had doubles for the hobbits.
youtube.com/watch?v=94pQXrsuhYQ

Everyone ignoring OPs contrarian meme opinion to talk about colours. Here's a fresh gold (you) OP you niggertwink.

>not mexico
>mexico

skip to 29:40

No it isn't..
As for the colour filters, it's strange, on my EE Bluray rip the colour grading is definitely present but is far less noticeable than it is in the images I see around here.

>kids playing with toys is autistic

god i fucking hate that blue filter

I usually don't mind even severe color grading but this is just dumb.

After the first film I got the feeling we were in for a grown-up, character-driven experience that showed due reverence to the source material.

Then I saw Legolas shield-surfing down a flight of stairs while shooting orcs, and thought, "Guess not."

Underrated post.

if you wanted it to be more like the books i'd recommend watching some of the fanedits out there, particularly kerr's book cuts. He split every movie into two volumes like in the book, he even separated frodo and aragorn's plot in the second movie and edited each into its own like in the book. He cut out the shield surfing too, if that's what you're interested in.

>little substance
literally 2deep4u

>He cut out the shield surfing too, if that's what you're interested in.

What is it with this board and hating fun things?

autism, obviously. Though, I'd say the shield surfing is cool because of the kickass music.

Isn't it pretty funny that all non-whites in LotR are either production props or evil?

yes lets destroy all tonality with a piss filter

noted veteran. may elwe encourage you in times of darkness

youtube.com/watch?v=NVpCeQqluf8
eat shit, Sup Forums

>evil

Everytime I see these movies I understand less about them

Dindu gets brainwashed, fights for dindulord, gets fucked. He got what was coming.

>he is blueish green
that makes him more magical & evil-ish