>as a kid
>grow up
Ok.

10/10 bait

it's not a real horror movie so I think it counts

that scene still cracks me up

Was I the only one?

youtube.com/watch?v=uzolCu-QLw0

The scene where ET was all fucked up and shit.

Forgot pic

Nope. Hated that piece of shit

ITT pussies

youtube.com/watch?v=ezkx07HYylo

this shit ran on a completely normal afternoon time slot on a saturday on a major german channel (RTL2) when i was a kid. I think somebody from the channel just put in a cartoon film without checking what it actually was about

fucking love that movie, but it was pretty horrifying
youtube.com/watch?v=bcugyA0thA4

wrong youtube link
youtube.com/watch?v=InW-SyPYfcM

I remember a certain feeling when I first saw this episode, like wonderment, nervousness, intrigue and most of all excitement

I can remember how it feels but I can recreate it.

Growing old sucks.

Does anyone know of a movie about aliens where the aliens are in the government already and wear suits?

I remember watching it and the aliens being human but with black eyes. I think the main protag was a girl.

What movie was this?

>return the slab

Something about that Space Mountain ad scared the shit out of me when I was 3.

youtube.com/watch?v=xlKKTSVETt0

imdb.com/title/tt0115472/

Honestly Gary Oldman in Air Force One. I was really scared of him for a while even though he was in Lost in Space like a year later and didn't bother me then.

>inb4 Large Marge/Gmork/Gooey Gus

Hey kid come on in the waters fine!

I was 12-13 but Signs was absolutely terrifying for me.

I watched Spirited Away when I was about 10 years old and it's a pretty weird movie overall for an American kid whose seen nothing but western family movies but I was really disturbed when the girl's parents got turned into pigs.

Also the scene where you can barely make out the silhouette on the roof is really spooky too. Man Signs is underrated

>this aired on nickelodeon

Nothing else from the film unnerved me more than this for some reason

Signs was really eerie, but it wasn't 'scary' in the way I found Jaws and Aliens scary as a kid.
It was more unsettling, I think.

that poorly cgi alien

I never ever ever found this scene funny right from the moment he started sweating to breaking off the handle to being birthed. FUCK this scene

Why did you have to remind me...

Return to Oz was way too fucking intense for a kid

This theme tune.

youtu.be/9RIwlHctkqs

It used to make me think of my mum dying, and I'd cry silently when it came on. It was also the last show I got to watch with my family on a Sunday night before I had to go to bed and get up the next morning to be bullied in school...so that was probably a factor too.

Holy shit I had completely forgotten about this fucking scene. It terrified me as a kid.

Something about the aimless, unstoppable way it waddled towards the screen while speaking high pitched gibberish that was so very creepy.

Kek

I understand. Love that movie. For some reason we watched that in my 5th grade dance class. That teacher was my Waifu at the time. Damn... that was forever ago. Thanks for making me feel old faggot.

Honestly as a kid watching The Shining, the last 30 minutes or so was pure terror. All that buildup and then its like hell is just unleashed. The dead party guests were terrifying enough but by the time you see the old man and the furry it just feels like reality is breaking down because its so unexplained and bizarre but thats what makes it terrifying and surreal. It really is like another unknown realm is invading the realm of the living. Total masterstroke by Kubrick to leave it unexplained.

Top kek

It wasn't really even the monsters design that freaked me out.
It was an invisible monster in a school pool that pulled kids down and drowned them, as a little kid I was already terrified of the shark from Jaws getting me in a pool I didn't need this shit too.

>as a kid watching The Shining
why?

Are you afraid of the dark's opening was scarier than any episode

I remember when ren and stimpy i'd always start dreading the opening for AYAOTD

signs is great. every single time i watched it i was completely terrified the entire time when they showed little glimpses of aliens. whenever i watched the ending scene, i would be completely fine with it. i was no longer scared. i dont know how or why, but i thought that was the perfect way to do horror movies

metal

Family scary movie night or some shit like that.

The whole fight scene freaked me

Skeletons are not supposed to be alive

What the FUCK were they thinking?

>ywn be a bored kid in the 90s watching movies you probably shouldnt ever again

Feels bad man

kek, your family sounds fun

Abracadaver of PPG

The episode of Fairy Godparents where Timmy brings back to life his pets

Looney Tunes: Back in Action, when Bugs and Daffy hit the man(?) in the Munch's scream and it makes a terryfing scream
youtube.com/watch?v=97PLr9FK0sw (0.40)

I was six years old.

The very first episode and they make it nightmare fuel fucking nips

My fucking parents took me to see this when I was 8 years old

sick et was creepy as fuck, nightmare fuel right there

Wouldn't call it a horror really, but much of the Witches was very scary as a child, in particular the start of the film, where the girl gets trapped inside of a painting.

Jumanji freaked me out man, I didn't want to play board games for a while after watching it. It also gave me arachnophobia I believe

>Jumanji freaked me out man, I didn't want to play board games for a while after watching it.

Lol. This has to be one of the dumbest fears I have ever heard of. I know, I know, you were a kid and none of us was geniuses at birth. It's just so dumb it's hilarious.

Kek

The blue eyed cockroach.

Well it's obviously retarded, but I was like 4 or 5 years old m8

this

Boo

Who ever thought this characterization was kid-friendly? Dr. Seuss' characters don't translate well into realism.
The worst was the original VHS cover. The Grinch's piercing look would haunt me for many years.

There's one part where the troll pops up and does something which I guess could be scary for kids.

>the boat scene in willy wonka

I still can't beleive they decapitated a fucking chicken and showed all those maggots. Like what the fuck man.

Gave me nightmares for years

youtube.com/watch?v=Nt60VFib6M4

>that part where they showed a bunch of Jews getting gassed

You can blame Riami for that boat scene.

Nigga the trolls themselves were horrifying, and this shit was pretty whack.

This whole fucking Loony Tunes short freaked me right the fuck out as a kid.

Jesus Christ how horrifying

Doesnt keep that simpsons alien from being spook as fuck

Yeah, this so much

when this fuck killed santa

Literally every single episode. Still loved it though

HE PREACHES LOVE! BREAK HIS LEGS!

Technically not a horror movie

I 'm going to say the same thing I always say in these threads:

there was a made-for-tv version of Alice in WOnderland and Alice goes in a bedroom and reads a book or something and she is cornered by a dragon and everything turns dark and blue and there is a strom outside and she is screaming with the dragon right above her, like in Alien.

Tämä

Lol I was so bummed when he died I don't know why but as a kid I thought he was better

These things used to literally make me cry

this and the old treehouse of horror with the vampires. the animation just made it so creepy

The trolls from Ernest Scared Stupid.

When the Joker pushed Harley out of a window. Shit fucked me up.

that movie is so unnecessarily creepy
really fucked me up as a kid. i never finished the movie altough watching parts of it whenever it was on tv

fuck I hated this

that fucking egyptian ernie statue haunted my dreams for years

kek

This scared the crap out of me when I first saw it.

I remember staying up late and watching Peal Harbor by myself. I was doing okay until the scene where people are trying to cut sailors out of the hulls of capsized ships while everyone inside drowns horribly. I immediately turned it off and started crying. I always had a fear of drowning and knowing that it really happened kept me up at night for a while.

That was the first episode ever produced so the animation was still pretty off.

youtube.com/watch?v=dXsDi0D7bao
Skip to 4:30