"Nobody panics when things go "according to plan." Even if the plan is horrifying! If, tomorrow, I tell the press that...

>"Nobody panics when things go "according to plan." Even if the plan is horrifying! If, tomorrow, I tell the press that, like, a gang banger will get shot, or a truckload of soldiers will be blown up, nobody panics, because it's all "part of the plan." But when I say that one little old mayor will die, well then everyone loses their minds! "

If he says the mayor will die, why would people panic, if after all its part of his plan.

Other urls found in this thread:

podlounge.net/podcast/creative-screenwriting-magazine
hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/4/1/d/41db381d0a27837c/TheDarkKnightQandA.mp3?c_id=1647767&expiration=1489444029&hwt=f3332c3509489a371dd1794272b4a945
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I've actually never understood this part. If he says the Mayor will die, then blows up a hospital, ok. But if he says the Mayor will die and the Mayor dies, everything should be good.

He was just talking bullshit to get Harvey on his side

because "the plan" is to make people panic

Not sure if you're baiting, but when he's talking about it all being "part of the plan" he doesn't mean his personal plan but the general public expectations of what is "normal" to happen in the world.

THIS MOVIE IS NINE (9) YEARS OLD
FUCK

Because the gangbangers and the soldiers die all the time. It's muh social commentary.

I'm not sure if you're baiting but this is Sup Forums so you're either baiting or a retard or a retard baiting.

Low quality bait but people still fall for it.

for all the actual retards here

the "plan" isn't HIS plan it's "their" plan, they being the people in power.

gangbangers get killed every day due to gang violence so it's not out of hte ordinary -> part of the "plan"

truckloads of soldiers get blown up every day during war -> part of the "plan"

mayors do not get assassinated everyday -> not part of the "plan"

really boils my bouillon cube

so is your wife's son

I'm beginning to think Nolan might be a little autistic.
There are too many BRAVO NOLAN moments.

Was getting caught part of the plan?

I JUST REALISED HE MAKES MORE SENSE

During the interrogation scene, Joker tells Batman where Rachel is held hostage but when Batman gets there, he's somehow arrived at Harvey Dent's location.

This

He purposely switched the adresses because he knew Batman would go after Rachel. Batman wouldn't realize what had happened until it's too late. And since the Cops were far slower than Batman, they didn't rescue Rachel in time.

If you listen to the creative screenwriter's magazine podcast, the episode with The Dark Knight's director, I think I remember that he mentions that the Joker tricks Batman/Bruce Wayne. Look for the podcast episode about The Dark Knight and give it a listen: podlounge.net/podcast/creative-screenwriting-magazine I think this is an archive of the podcasts. I don't know it it works.

I just checked it out, and the podcast episode works and you can stream it and listen to it: hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/4/1/d/41db381d0a27837c/TheDarkKnightQandA.mp3?c_id=1647767&expiration=1489444029&hwt=f3332c3509489a371dd1794272b4a945

mis·di·rec·tion

Even if he didn't expect Batman to go after Rachel rather than Dent (unlikely, because he observed Batsy's behaviour at the earlier gala scene), the city would still lost its civil servant in Dent. It was a win/win situation for him in any case. Harm Batman or harm Gotham - both are good things for his agenda.

For some reason I was fine with the hamfisted politics in TDK, but in TDKR I really can't stand it. I guess it's down to execution.

Because he tricked Batman

There are people on THIS VERY BOARD, RIGHT NOW, who honestly believe this was a mistake and are too fucking retarded to figure out that it was OBVIOUSLY the joker tricking Batman.

Remember this the next time you find yourself in an argument on Sup Forums. The person you are debating may in fact have a sub-100 IQ.

This. It was basically Joker's way of saying "I've got your number, I know you'll take the selfish route and choose love instead of putting priority on Gotham's wellbeing, so I'm going to take that and flip it on its head". He knew he would end up hurting either Batman or Dent either way, so he didn't care. The icing on the cake is that Batman's selfishness in choosing Rachel underscores the Joker's point earlier about morals being "a bad joke, dropped at the first sign of trouble". Its both strategically and psychologically devastating, pretty brilliant.

Because soldiers and gangbangers volunteer to be put in situations in which they might die.

What the fuck is supposed to be deep about this?

During the party scene, Batman and Rachel fall 80 stories off the penthouse roof and land on a taxi cab without as much as a scratch.

And Batman, who is already at the ground flood, just leaves the Joker and his men with the party guests. Not only that, but Batman seemingly lets them get away, down the penthouse elevator/steps.

The Joker is manipulating Harvey with fallacies

Shut the fuck up.

>HONKA HONKA!

I think both interpretations are equally valid.

During the party scene, Batman and Rachel fall 80 stories off the penthouse roof and land on a taxi cab without as much as a scratch.

And Batman, who is already at the ground floor, just leaves the Joker and his men with the party guests. Not only that, but Batman seemingly lets them get away, down the penthouse elevator/steps.

>tfw everything goes according to plan

NYAHH AH.. AH.. AH.. .AH... ahhhh!

It was a Batman gambit. Wagered against Batman.

Suicide Squad was equally good though.

He's saying that in the game we are collectively playing, a mayor getting assassinated is unusual and would cause the city to fall into chaos. Those other events are expected outcomes, so you just need to sort that out yourself bucko.

How much time do you think he spent meticulously placing every one of those knives and guns in a big spiral so he could fall down in the middle of it and look literally craze-balls?

Is that a real shot from the movie? jesus christ

Obviously the Joker fucked with him, but why was Gordon so sympathetic with Batman saving Rachel over Dent, since Dent was clearly more important to the city than Rachel?

This clearly should have been the point where Gordon put two and two together and realized that Batman was Bruce Wayne. Either that, or Gotham is just filled with white knights (hurr hurr), where the life of the DA, who literally keeps the streets practically clean of crime, is less important than his girlfriend.

The script is shit and the characters are stupid.

When Dent has Gordon's son and family hostage, Gordon never once tried to explain that Joker purposely switched the addresses. Gordon is all like "I tried to save Rachel, derp". No he didn't. He clearly thought he was going after Dent. It wasn't Gordon's fault, nor Batman's.

I'll never understand how people can think Dent is a well written character. His turn and motivation are fucking terrible. Almost Episode III Anakin tier.

Why do you guys have to ruin movies for?

/thread

Well hello beautiful.

His girlfriend was murdered and half his face is burnt off dude, he's not exactly on solid psychological ground. Two-face was always crazy, that's part of his character. His motivations aren't always rational to us, only to him

That always did bug me. Feels like there should be a little more to that scene.

B A I T
A
I
T

DELET THIS

Really?
I didn't catch that.