Can anyone explain the whole "they expect one of us in the wreckage, brother" part of the plan to me...

Can anyone explain the whole "they expect one of us in the wreckage, brother" part of the plan to me? I don't get why that mattered when the plane crash was never brought up again, and Bane himself showed everyone he was alive anyway. He basically sacrificed one of his loyal men for nothing.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VRCM0jWEQjQ
youtube.com/watch?v=36odfqA-Xqw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Been a while since I watched then mememovie

For it to look like an accident, they'd need the corpse of a Pavel lookalike and one man CIA phoned in to be present among the wreckage

FOR LE UUUU XD

So they assume that their captive died in the crash and they won't go looking for the missing people. Bane wanted to maintain secrecy until revealing his plan.

But CIA was cleararly bluffing when he threatened to throw them out and Bane even fucking called him out on it. So they'd expected 3 brothers in the wreckage

"You didn't get to bring friends"
"...but only one of you will have to stay on my aircraft"

Or he just hadn't decided who he would throw out the plane door yet.

>"No, they expect Juan Ohvus and the Wreckage Brother"

The CIA hadn't phoned it in. The flight plan called for one captive. The CIA planned on interrogating them and then clearing it up with his higher ups when he was done.

The only plot hole is that the CIA would've wondered why the tail of the plane had just blown off out of nowhere

>Juan Ohvus and the Wreckage
That's a good band name

I guess it's supposed to show the viewers how fanatical Bane's followers are. Other than that there's no reason for it to be there.

This.
However, it makes no sense because Same with the body that gets a few sips of Pavel's blood pumped into its veins.

>be me
>CIA
>Reports of a downed plane in Bulgaria or some shit
>Get to the wreckage to investigate
>The entire back of the plane suddenly fell off, and the wings, but the plane continued to fly for far longer than it should have
>It looks like it's been fucking dropped nose first, no idea how this happened
>Casualties: one CIA operative, his men (who have been riddled with bullets), a lifeless corpse that had Dr pavels blood but was clearly not Dr Pavel, one brother
>No survivors

Imagine being Bane in that scene and having to be all like "damn, Bill Wilson, you fuckin' fine, all sexy with your flight plan and silly power stance. I would totally crash your plane with no survivors, both my character and the real me." when all he really wants to do is break another hothead's back in Gotham.

It was just a ploy to buy him time.

>"No! They expect Juan of us in the wreckage, brother."

The brother he tells to stay behind is Juan, with Bane making a pun on his name to ease the fear of Juan's incoming death. It is the final pun Juan hears before he dies in the plane wreckage. The final pun before death = The Killing Joke, a Batman comic released in 1988 starring the Joker. Yes, Nolan has laid a breadcrumb trail for us that tells us that Juan Juan is the Joker in disguise, which is why we don't see him for the rest of the film. The Joker lays down his life at the beginning of the film to start the fire. Bravo Nolan.

So in the same plane there are Juan Ohvus and Juan Ofyu?
Damn, we really need to build that wall.

Tail strikes on takeoff or landing can cause weakening of the tail section leading to eventual structural failure in flight. This is more of an issue with large aircraft though.

I like to think they're the same person

youtube.com/watch?v=VRCM0jWEQjQ

>2.9 million views

Does Aidan Gillen see this and think "people really loved my performance here"?

Well, spaniards have both father and mother surname.
Maybe he was Juah Ofyu Ohvus

>I don't get why that mattered when the plane crash was never brought up again

It was. Alfred mentions to Bruce that the only person with the requisite knowledge to convert the reactor into a warhead had died in a crash some years beforehand. That's Dr. Pavel they're talking about. If Bruce had reason to believe Pavel was still alive, he might not have handed the reactor's keys over to Talia. By the time Bane revealed Dr. Pavel's survival, the necessary work was complete.

>The only plot hole is that the CIA would've wondered why the tail of the plane had just blown off out of nowhere

This is the more salient problem. The CIA would have undoubtedly found evidence of the fact that firearms were discharged in the cabin and that explosives had been used to blow the tail off. They also would have found wreckage from the wings miles away from the crash site, which would force them to ask how the plane kept flying. They also would have probably used Pavel's teeth to identify him, not his blood. The discrepancy, plus the presence of an unidentified corpse, would have raised a whole lot of red flags at the Agency.

There was only one listed for the flight plan.
He was gonna keep the extras for himself.

>I'll call it in
What did he mean by this?

it was because wreckage brother was an insufferable cunt constantly talking about fire rising and shit, like all the time. Couldn't even have a conversation at dinner without wreckage brother completely derailing the entire train of thought by asking if the fire had been started, or where it was exactly, or if there was multiple fires, or the current relative height of the metaphorical fire.

It was all a bamboozle. Notice how sarcastic Bane is when he says "the fire rises."

youtube.com/watch?v=36odfqA-Xqw