‘Girl With the Dragon Tattoo’ Sequel Gets Release Date; Craig/Mara WILL NOT Return

>Fede Alvarez, the director of “Don’t Breathe,” will helm the film, which will feature a brand new cast.

>Sony Pictures’ “The Girl in the Spider’s Web,” the sequel to the Oscar-nominated “The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo,” will debut in theaters on Oct. 5, 2018.

variety.com/2017/film/news/girl-in-the-spiders-web-release-date-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-1202007762/

Not a true sequel, it's a soft reboot to try again at an American franchise

nooooooooo.....oh well, it's not like I had any actual hopes in Fincher sequel

Where does that title come from? None of the books had that title. And the only way I would watch this is if Fincher was directing and the cast was returning. Without them I have zero interest.

>No RoonRoon

No Fincher, Craig or Mara.

The fuck is even the point of this then? They might as well start the whole thing over.

>The Girl in the Spider’s Web
the book sucked
>muh autism
>muh quantum computers
>muh cia
>this is worse than Snowden

Will Ross/Reznor do the OST?

RoonRoon suicide when? This was all she had to live for.

it can't be any more generic than the Swedish version.

since book #2 and #3 are not quite as good the movies are going to be very different - that's why the name change. dunno though if they're using the script fincher was going to shoot with.

>No Fincher

Poor Roons

>Dragon Tattoo thread
>no ass_snack.mp3 posted
Disappointed

But the first one did good at the box office and with the credits

It'll probably be Emily Blunt or Cara Delevigne.
I like Cara because you could see someone raping her half to death and Cara would kind of deserve to be abused with her ugly ass and offensive face.

But you could also root for her and she looks capable of using hacker skills to castrate her rapists. Plus you could use that whole refugee angle now.

That's too bad, I was skeptical at first but I thought Mara did a good job as Lisbeth.

she deserved better than this

>not using the actors people liked

jesus sony are cheap fucks

>mfw noomi one was miles better
Boy I watched both, even the one with roonroon first, but still liked more the original.
Pacing is better, the ending is less shitty and cliffhangery.

a fourth book was published based off Larsen's notes or something.

she wrote the word 'so' three times in one sentence. wow. also, the movie wasn't great and, from what i hear, the subsequent novels sucked. why do people want to see this story continue?

>story ends
>40 mins later the movie is still going on

Wtf no Roons? dropped.

Only in the american version