Does your timezone make sense user?

Does your timezone make sense user?

What the fuck happened with Spain and Portugal?

Our time zone makes sense. Spain's (excluding Galicia) doesn't.

Spain, France, and Algeria should be part of the same timezone with Britain but the French are butthurt at the British getting their way with the location of the Prime Meridian.

+0 master race

I thought it was because we had to align with Germany time zone during WWII and never changed it back

china yes

No. You kept switching between timezones.
>At the Liberation of France in the summer of 1944, Metropolitan France kept GMT+2 as it was the time then used by the Allies (British Double Summer Time). In the winter of 1944–1945, Metropolitan France switched to GMT+1, same as in the United Kingdom, and switched again to GMT+2 in April 1945 like its British ally. In September 1945, Metropolitan France returned to GMT+1 (pre-war summer time), which the British had already done in July 1945. Metropolitan France was officially scheduled to return to GMT+0 on November 18, 1945 (the British returned to GMT+0 in on October 7, 1945), but the French government canceled the decision on November 5, 1945, and GMT+1 has since then remained the official time of Metropolitan France.

Fucc

you're not white if your country has a single timezone

>Timelets

We're right on the border, so we picked the one that our buds (England) and our neighbours had.

Spain eventually changed to be like Germany, whilst we kept the one we had from the start.

It probably also helped that Luanda was on the same timezone back then when Angola was ours, which facilitated business hours synchronisation.

Yes, I guess.
>That +4 region in Russia
>Snowflakes of Nepal, North Korea and Oman
Every time.

>Spain's (excluding Galicia) doesn't.
You mean, Galicia makes the least sense of all, right? They should be using GMT like us (or even GMT-1 like we could also be)

Fucking long-ass Chile had to fall on a border and couldn't take advantage of its shape to have the same timezone in all their territory.

What a waste.

Yes, but Argentina doesn't

How does this make sense?

Does the Chinese system work well?
Interesting that the area north of North Korea and that north of India have the same time.

Geometrically, I should be in the UTC+0 zone, but yeah... It's just a 30mins offset, so who cares...

That's what I said, dummy

>Argentina
>Uruguay
why
Also all zones should be divided geometrically desu. Makes no sense having dumb shit like Alaska or Easter Island.

If catalonia becomes independent, Spain should switch to UTC+0...

The closer you get to the poles, the narrower timezones get... It really doesn't matter for Alaska that they have such an offset. It's either day for 24h or night, depending on the time of the year.

no it wasn't

We agreed to do that so we coul match it with you.

>spain and france
>not using greenwich mean time

The absolute STATE.

Very nice!

absolutely no. The map says -04 in Chile, but actually is -04 in winter, but most of the year is -03, retarded.

>be China
>having more than one time zone is too difficult to deal with

Eastern Standard Time reporting in. In line with the financial and most relevant part of the world a.k.a the east coast. During daylight savings we switch to central time though

+1 Europe is definitely more relevant and bigger financially than the east coast

This state used to have four timezones, but now they made it into two so my time is like an hour and a half ahead of where it should be, and the other time zone is at least an hour ahead.

Either people ignore Beijing time and keep with their own, or they just live with the wonky time

/cum/ share 4 time zones, neat

check this map to see how wrong is your timezone lads

> Yuros literally bought into this

right, forgot to post the map

>nepal
what the fuck are they doing

chatham islands too (next to new zealand)

>+europe
511,805,088 people
20,8 trillion gdp

>east coast
about 10 trillion

go catch a disease in a slutty reggaeton dance congolombia

>5x the population but only 2x the GDP
what did we mean by this

>5x the population and a mix of some of the wealthiest countries in the world only has twice the wealth of one part of a country

Didn't know other countries used daylight savings time

>of a country
you make it sound like a random country when it's the biggest economy in the world. doesn't change the fact that +1 europe is more relevant than the east coast

> Half the GDP with 1/5 of the population.
Pls be joking

We don't. I meant when y'all start/stop (don't remember exactly) using it we get aligned in central time

see