Mfw we introduced the name ''japan'' to the world

>mfw we introduced the name ''japan'' to the world.
We are original weeabos

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_Portugal
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

China too

Go ahead and take them back

>be nippon
>called japan

speaking of shanghainese here

日 zuh
本 bun
国 goh

yw world

>Be Wa
>Called Nippon
You mean?

nippon is ok, that's what we've referred to ourselves as since the 7th century

>mfw 'Asia' is a Greek word

We are all Greek.

it used to refer to anatolia

>After the Portuguese first made contact with Japan in 1543, a large scale slave trade developed in which Portuguese purchased Japanese as slaves in Japan and sold them to various locations overseas, including Portugal itself, throughout the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries. Many documents mention the large slave trade along with protests against the enslavement of Japanese. Japanese slaves are believed to be the first of their nation to end up in Europe, and the Portuguese purchased large amounts of Japanese slave girls to bring to Portugal for sexual purposes, as noted by the Church in 1555
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_Portugal
more like disgusting weebs

racemixing as always I see

wtf i thought japan was one of the few nations that kept its doors closed to other nations so shit like this didn't happen. how could they allow such a large scale invasion like this?

>purchasing slaves from rich warlords and whores is now considered an ‘invasion’

DESU, I thought the slaves were Korean. BTW, they never teach us this stuff in school. Shameful stuff

>Duarte Barbosa

Oh sh--

His majesty's nephew

>japão
>japan
>já pão
>already bread

the firsts gaijins to taste jap pussy, that is a nice achievement

>The Portuguese "highly regarded" Asian slaves like Chinese and Japanese, much more "than slaves from sub-Saharan Africa" and Moorish Muslims.The Portuguese attributed qualities like intelligence and industriousness to Chinese and Japanese slaves which is why they favored them more.Traits such as high inttelligence were ascribed to Indians, Chinese, and Japanese slaves.

why are niggers so stupid

And Iraq

Daimyos (feudal warlords) who converted to christianity gathered slaves and sold them to Portuguese. This is one of the reasons why Japan banned christianity and slaughtered all the missionaries later.

I demand congruence in intentionally unheeded truth

So Japan got MOOR'D, kek so much for the superior yamato.

Watch your mouth, mongrel sudaca

We could've conquered Japan in a matter of months if they were closer. We ended up selling them firearms and getting banned because we tried to spread Christianity there. They used said weapons to wreak havoc in Korea.
Such is the life of the perfidious Tuguese

>

Sauce?

>The Portuguese were able to fend off the smaller crafts with hand grenades, but they made little effect on the floating tower, which grappled the poop deck. Up to this point the Portuguese casualties had been few, with only four or five Portuguese along with a few Africans and lascars killed,while the Japanese dead were estimated at several hundred. However, six hours into the fighting, a shot from the tower-junk hit a fire pot that a Portuguese soldier was about to throw, smashing it onto the gunpowder at his feet. This started a conflagration that spread through the deck and set the mizzen sail ablaze. Pessoa and his men retreated to the forecastle, where they realized that they did not have enough men to simultaneously fight the fire and the Japanese boarders. At this point Pessoa ordered the ship's magazine to be set on fire since he would rather die than surrender. When the ship's purser hesitated, Pessoa cast away his sword and shield and picked up a crucifix, then he exclaimed: "Blessed be thou, oh Lord, since thou willest that all this should end!" He then told his crew to save themselves as he went down to start the fire himself. The Nossa Senhora da Graça then blew up in two successive explosions, split into two, and sank with cargo, crew, and boarders alike.The Japanese killed all they could see swimming in the water, but a few survivors made it onto the shore to safety. André Pessoa's body, however, was never found

>Historian C. R. Boxer noted the great effect that Pessoa's actions had on how the Japanese see Portuguese people. According to him, the event apparently gave the Japanese an exaggerated impression of the fighting qualities of the Portuguese, as well as appealing to the Japanese samurai code due to Pessoa's rather un-Christian act of suicide. As such, stories of the event were told and retold again over the next hundred years and found themselves embedded as part of local folklore.

A fucking tradeship vs thousands of samurais

reeee portugal leave japan

So much for muh bushido, seems Nips fight almost as bad as the Chinese

They literally brought knives to a gunfight, so yeah.
When we have the same technology, we can fuck your shit up pretty good though.

You're talking to a Jamaica flag. I think anyone could take Jamaica in a fight.

>Historian C. R. Boxer noted the great effect that Pessoa's actions had on how the Japanese see Portuguese people. According to him, the event apparently gave the Japanese an exaggerated impression of the fighting qualities of the Portuguese, as well as appealing to the Japanese samurai code due to Pessoa's rather un-Christian act of suicide. As such, stories of the event were told and retold again over the next hundred years and found themselves embedded as part of local folklore.
Ebin!

You assume I give a shit about my country's nonexistent military victories. Doesn't change the fact that East Asians fight like shit compared to Europeans and Middle Easterners

Except the Japanese did strike victories against Russians and had the British fleet on the ropes in WW2 until the Americans came in. Let's not forget that the invasion of Australia was probably going to happen until the Battle of Coral Sea and the Gaudal Canal campaign to turn back their fortunes.

What is it with Portuguese men and their love of asiatic women

What da fak

The statement is still true. We can always go back in time and fight the rastaman with sticks and machetes, it would be flawless victory for us

>Middle Easterners
???

We have nordic-looking women, Arab-looking women, Indian-looking women. East Asians might've looked somewhat exotic

So why didn't Portuguese bring Asian slaves to Brazil rather than African slaves?

Surely it was Adam that named the first Japanese

>Bring a bunch of highly valued slaves to a death sentence

???

Cognate at least.

Wa was a Sino-Japanese name for the country not formulated by the Japanese themselves.

More like "Nitupon" at the time (and no, I did not miss the s. It wasn't there then.) or "Yamato"

Wa was just Sinitic; Nippon is Sino-Japanese

The reason most slaves who worked on plantations were black has to do with their endurance. PT and ES colonists deemed natives very weak, therefore they brought in strong bulls from Africa. True Story

"Wa" is only Sino-Japanese, not Sinetic. In Japanese, 倭 had the pronunciation wa, but in Middle Chinese, it was 'ua (where the inital sound is not /w/ like in Japanese, but a glottal stop. The w/u sound in the word was only the medial glide sound, not the onset like it is in Japanese - again, the onset was a glottal stop in Chinese, which had full consonant status and even contrasted with zero-consonant-initial)

relevant in all occasions

Fine I'll pretend your a jap.

The Spanish kicked the fuck out of you the one time you fought them. Shields work mate

>mfw portugese almost made japan christian
thank gods you didn't
abrahamic religions suck

and here i thought portugal only contributed shitholes like brazil and eating horses to the world.

eating horses?