The weird effect Disney is having on Blockbusters

Anyone else notice how Disney-Marvel is effecting modern Blockbusters? Most notably

>Cinematic "universe" (the most obvious one)
>Must be quippy
>Must have 70s-90s music and visuals
>Must have an overly literal/blunt character that says inapprorpiate things (Drax, Rogue One Robot, that stranded guy in Skull Island, etc.)
>Must have a military-related bad guy
>Must make constant winks/nods to the audience

What's with this combination? It's very specific but very much required for a modern successful blockbuster

With the exception of Skull Island, every piece of evidence you gave was actually a Disney product.

You're making up a false problem that doesn't exist. Disney's problem is Disney's problem.

They perfected the formula for creating low-level pleb films for low level plebs. That's all there is to it, if you ask me.

Disney is the cancer ruining cinema. And their shills have tainted this board.

Doesn't most of this apply to suicide squad and I feel everything except music will apply to justice league

>>Must have 70s-90s music and visuals
what does this mean

>Must make constant winks/nods to the audience
This is the one that makes me mad the most, though it kinda goes hand in hand with "must be quippy"

>weird effect
It's popular.

Nah Logan stayed away from that shit.
I liked the darker tone and less quips.
Yeah there were jokes but it wasn't "le epic meme man says epic word at an inappropriate moment."
I hope Fox continues go break the mold and stick with the R ratings.

Kinda annoyed WB decided to include quips in the DCEU after BvS being a lot darker and serious.

You're just underage. Most blockbusters have been like that in decades.

70-90s music has been featured in movies since the 70s. Using popular songs is nothing new or defined to one studio.

Logan only succeeded because of the quippy Deadpool hype giving it a strong opening. It dropped hard in its second weekend once word of mouth got out that it wasn't memey enough.

You're full of shit. Blockbusters have never been as shit as the ones brought by Disney-owned Marvel.

It does but you cant bring up DC because KINO.

Why don't you make a more honest comparison, dipshit? I'm sure if I had Iron Man downloaded I could grap a frame as boring (boring =/= bad) as the bottom panel.

>>Cinematic "universe" (the most obvious one)
This one's true. Marvel spearheaded this, and other people see dollar signs

>>Must be quippy
That isn't really uniquely Marvel. This was happening before and after them.

>>Must have 70s-90s music and visuals
Already happening well before this, thanks to Tarentino's style and people trying to mimic him.

>>Must have an overly literal/blunt character
that says inapprorpiate things (Drax, Rogue One Robot, that stranded guy in Skull Island, etc.)
Not original to Drax at all, though typically reserved for more "android/robot" type characters.

>>Must have a military-related bad guy
I don't even know how you attributed this one to Marvel...

>>Must make constant winks/nods to the audience
Did you watch the Star Wars prequels? You realize Disney didn't own it then, and Marvel movies weren't around yet, correct?

Marvel is responsible for drawing in a large influx of somewhat enjoyable, but utterly "safe" with no risks movies. It's fast food entertainment, and that's fine and all, but too much of it gets nauseating.

still doesn't look that good

>Must have an overly literal/blunt character that says inapprorpiate things

America.

Youre pretty much describing what Tv shows have done in the last decade, particularly in "comedies" like Family Guy or sitcoms, thats the kind of """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""humour""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" that edfined out generation, we were born too late to experience prime Belushi, Chase, Murray and Karlin.

If I told you it was from Iron Man one you would believe me. Tell me how it doesn't look as good

Iron Man from '08 is objectively superior to modern MCU trash in objectively every way possible. It even has better CGI despite being so much older because back then the directors actually put in effort in making their movies look like not videogames.

Scorsese started the pop music trend with Mean Streets. I will admit that Disney and Marvel are horrible examples for studios to follow though. Disney is just remaking their animated classics in live action (super fucking lazy) and Marvel churns out assembly line flicks nobody will remember in ten years.

Literally all of phase one is better when it comes to visuals.
>boring =/= bad
It's not good either. Comic book flicks need to look good and stimulating or else what's the point.

The problem with modern Marvel movies is the postmodernism.
Marvel movies are crafted with a tinge of "haha can you believe we're watching this in the theater? Superheroes! How ridiculous!" because audiences find it easier to digest than a conventional and heartfelt superhero story.
"Haha lol! The monks are talking about wi-fi passwords lmao! That's good because for a second I was almost immersed in a world that didn't remind me that I'm only watching this movie so I can post about it on Facebook later!"

The same formula has been used on the recent Mission Impossible movies but at least those movies are actually getting better.
>Character says something quirky
>Violin pizzicato version of the main theme plays in the background
>Close up of all the other characters reacting
WE GET IT.

Eventually people will tire of the Marvel universe. You can only get away with making the same shit for so long before people catch on (which they already have been seeing how much press Deadpool and Logan got for "subverting" the formula).

This may be copypasta but this is my biggest problem with Marvel and Star Wars today.
Ya I'm starting to see it too. We had a screening of civil war at my college recently and like 80% left after the airport battle. People were laughing and telling each other that they only gave a shit about seeing spider man and how the rest of the movie is boring. Marvel is going to have to step up their game soon and Kevin fiege won't be the one to do it.

Besides gore/swearing Deadpool was completely Disney-Marvel.

If Deadpool actually behaved like a villain (like he did in the comics until like 2009) then it could have been subversion

Yeah, I could see autists getting angry about old action movies from the 80s "hehe wow another quip, I said I'd kill you last, I LIED hehehe quip-nold quippinator"

I think the overly blunt character is a Marvel thing but the awkward character who means well is in every blockbuster. Even Short Circuit has that Indian guy.

I think the military guy is kinda a Marvel thing. DC has exclusively 'villains' but Marvel often shows the military in a bad or stupid light. For example that one jocky general from Agents of SHIELD, Col Stryker, Bucky, Richard Dreyfuss from Iron Man 2 I think? Or, just about every random general in a room who talks down to Iron Man and then of course ninjas come in and kill them scene which I swear is in 50% of Marvel movies.

>Col Stryker
That's FoX-Men, not Disneymarvel.

>>Must have an overly literal/blunt character that says inapprorpiate things (Drax, Rogue One Robot, that stranded guy in Skull Island, etc.)
yes disney invented comic relief, you are correct

I love BvS, but even ill admit that Skwad tried to be generic and wasnt that good. But it made them so money so good for them I guess.

This really

on the nose

They didn't invent it. But they converted it into an integral part of their storytelling formula.

every movie now is paced and structured like family guy. really just because the attention spans have been getting lower as time goes on. the quips and nods are a element of what i like to call the "smuggy theme" that validates the superiority complexes of contemporary america

>It's an autist takes notice of obvious formula episode

I just made the jump from videogames so I don't know much about film other than capeshit sorry

Between Iron Man 1, Ant Man and Doctor Strange they've literally made the same movie three times now, and it doesn't look like anyone is going to catch on anytime soon.

>bro it doesnt even matter because its an obvious formula bro!

I'll never understand retards who think like this

Didn't you mean affecting?