What is considered rude to do while eating with other people in your country?

What is considered rude to do while eating with other people in your country?

Finland
>farting
>scratching your orifices
>burping
>eating with open mouth
>talking while eating
>reaching something over another persons plate instead of asking it from them

that's rude everywhere

There are places where chewing with your mouth open and farting are considered to be good manners.

The USA comes to mind.

Not in Germany

no it fucking isn't

Make the sound

But you guys do it all the time. An american guy usually eats hot dog, farts, burps and sings national anthem all at same tine

making funny eyes impersonating a finn is considered rude in some parts of my world

For me growing up it was

>Wearing a hat at the table.
>Having your phone out.
>Elbows on table.

Although this is probably near-universal anywhere you go.

Adam Sandler movies were a mistake.

Why do americans always eat with open mouth and make noise?

Where?

Why are americans fat, loud and rude?

Elbows on the table, holding your cutlery wrong.

I do both and no one ever complained, though, so I guess not many people give a damn.

All the stuff mentioned by OP is common-sense, though slurping your noodles might be a sign of appreciating the food in countries like Japan.

Oh, leaving anything on your plate is seen as wasteful and wrong, which is another cultural shift from some countries where you have to leave some food on your plate to insinuate your host was able to satisfy you.

honest answer. because they and their anglo friends (britain mostly) own this world and they know it. they don't act "rude" or whatever, they act like true owners and masters of the rest of the world. they can do and say whatever they want, because they don't give a shit about what some irrelevant losers might think about them

tfw i will NEVER be american

basically, being born in america, england or australia in a middle or upper class family means you already won all the genetic/social/cultural/etc lotteries there are

All of the things you've mentioned plus having a hat on your head.
Truly monkey subhuman tier.

Holy shit, shitania blown the fuck out

Really? I've seen some shit on TV before but does this actually happen in the US?

No

Yeah, it's a common thing. They don't take their shoes off indoors either, they even wear them to dinner. Burping, farting and shoes, having dinner with an American family is a real experience.

My grandma would say it's polite to leave some food on my plate
My parents and everyone my age would say that's wasteful

Can you take stuff from the plate of your family and super close friends?
I do it all the time and it's not rude

Wouldn't the entire room smell disgusting if everyone burped and farted all the time?

This + hands under the table or elbows on the table

We're taught those things as well, but no one cares any more.
Of course it does, but Americans don't care.

is slurping soup with making sound rude?

Yes.

when are you fellows exporting ichiran to the outside world my friend?

my granddmother would kill anyone on sight for that

I'll tell you what's really fucking rude, some little shit plunking away on their goddam cellphone while you all sit there talking

I fucking hate you cunts that do that.

Being too close to someone is considered rude

This.

Also touching and talking to happily is considered quite rude in Finland