Now that the dust has settled...

Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that this is the only thing I'm remotely looking forward to in 2017 other than the "It" remake?

Winona Ryder stole the show, that's how shit it was.

It was bad and you should feel bad.

Winona Ryder was in this? Huh.

>> looking forward to the 'It' remake

I'm looking forward to the second half of season 2 of just add magic. I haven't watched the first half yet though. It's actually very comfy.

Er... Will's Mom?

Both are shit lol

EW covers are fucking awful

For real. This show was ALRIGHT. at best.

Pros
80's Horror references
90's pop actors look-a-likes
Duffer Brothers usual monster idea
Lovecraft allusions

Cons
TERRIBLE CGI IN EVERY EPISODE
terrible cgi car fall.
terrible cgi alien

like the show might have been decent (better than ALRIGHT) if that cgi wasn't fucking awful.

But if u want modern day Lovecraft, why not just watch a del Toro show, like Trollhunters or the Strain.

All of those cons will be solved by an increased budget, and given the shows popularity, it will probably recieve additional funding

Fuck off pedo fag

Finn looks great.

Fag.

>Lucas' hand

Reminder that the monster doesn't eat people. It puts its babies inside them.

Everyone else on the cover looks awkward and no one can seem to agree on the tone they're going for.

There are other people on the cover? Huh.

NOAH SUCKS

>show was alright at best
>only cons are the quality of CGI

fuck off pedo fag

On a tentacle.

He's literally the hottest person in the world

Now THAT, friend, is a matter of opinion.

He's so cute

There are other people in the world? Huh.

I'll need more evidence for that claim, all I see is him

> is the only thing I'm remotely looking forward to

Like do we have to agree for you or something? Is it one of those "/tv. did i like this movie?" cases?

Nothing will get me harder than not sitting through a second series of this show. The first was fun. I'd rather see what Black Mirror is gonna do.

> I'd rather see what Black Mirror is gonna do.

Apparently not be dark anymore.

>Like do we have to agree for you or something? Is it one of those "/tv. did i like this movie?" cases?
you need to go back

Yes. It's going to be top comfy

I hate how hard fags suck this show's dick. The kid characters in it all sucked. Also this shit was too safe. Not only too safe in the sense that it is plain derivative, but safe in the sense that it wasn't edgy whatsoever.

All evidence to the contrary.

> it wasn't edgy whatsoever.

>Still 6 months til Finntoberfest.

Implying Millie isn't the star of the show.

This show fucking sucked. It's all style over substance. It appeals to the same braindead morons who think the Battle For Winterfell was peak GOT. The worst part is that I watched the whole first season of Stranger Things, because the whole aesthetic of it draws the viewer in so easily, but then you realise the whole show was engineers to appeal to some false sense of nostalgia people have a for a generation in which they werent even born or remember.

Also people seem to think that because these fucking kids dress up for Halloween and go on Jimmy Kimmel to bust out raps, it somehow adds merit to the show. I'm so fucking sick of seeing articles about this show and these little shits starting with "The Stranger Things kids did this thing and it will give you life" or some other clickbait crap.

Anyone who thinks this show is one of the best pieces of media coming out of 2016 needs to fucking hang.

You'll be tying a lot of nooses, then, because this show is very successful. But go on, revel in your "refined" taste.

>Implying Millie has multiple projects dropping in October

She can have her own month when she owns it.

No, Deadpool was the best piece of media that came out in 2016. /r/ight b/r/os?

It was better as a whole than this shit, even if I hate Ryan Reynolds (good thing they burnt his face early in the movie). It knew what it wanted to do and it did it, whereas Stranger Things just danced around a few concepts which SOUND cool but ultimately amount to nothing.

Well that explains that.

>that explains that.

Like I'm 5.

>Lovecraft allusions
t. Someone who didn't read Lovecraft and only has Sup Forums tier second hand knowledge lf him and his work.
Also, how is having le ebin 80s references a pro?

oh god i hate you fucking cunts so much.

Sorry Noah, we're not going to stop. Millie likes me more, and so do the fans.

I know it's pretty cringy

mmm nah, i followed and anticipated the show for a while before it came out
was p lousy up until the 3rd or 4th episode then it got really good, that pool party scene was the absolute worst part of the series

When you don't like people you ignore them, not feed them the attention they crave so desperately.

>can we all agree that this is the only thing I'm remotely looking forward to in 2017

I'm sure it is, I don't think anyone will disagree with you having shit taste.

>i know it's pretty pedoey

ftfy

Shut the fuck up fedora. I've read The Colour Out Of Space, At The Mountains of Madness, The Shadow Over Innsmouth, and Alan Moore's connected Lovecraft series. And Alan Moore did it better than your precious little Loveshaft.

its just... so fucking persistent. every god damn time ST is mentioned these fucks pop up. i swear it must be just the same ones every time.

I marathoned it last weekend, not knowing anything about it except that a second season is coming, it's fun to watch even though a few things fell flat and some parts felt cheesy due to what I imagine is budget or time constraints, honestly the 80s references weren't what made the show interesting, it was the backstory of eleven, which I think will make the second season weaker because most of her origins were already explained, at least for me.

>Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that this is the only thing I'm remotely looking forward to in 2017 other than the "It" remake?
I think i might be detecting a pattern here

We love you too, Nick. It's just that you do no on-camera work so we can't discuss you, and we will die before defecting to Sup Forums.

Watch it

Not sure what you mean.

>Watch it

Oh, I will. Opening night.

>subtle froggo thread
yas

>the "It" remake?- 59 posts and 15 image replies shown.
WHERE IS THE FUCKING TRAILER WHERE IS THE FUCKING TRAILER WHERE IS THE FUCKING TRAILER WHERE IS THE FUCKING TRAILER

Over hyped shit is still shit user. Lurk more

I think the show did that eighties movie feel just fine without feeling overly forced like super 8. I didn't hate the child acting, I didn't hate or feel forced into the 80s style/feel, I only moderately wanted to murder Winona (she has always been an awful actress) and was intrigued by eleven but more intrigued by what else there was in the upside down.

I felt the story was very contained and really doesn't need more than what we got out of this season, this feels like the type of show where next season should be an entirely different story.

It's not out yet

>It was bad and you should feel bad.

Go away reddit

You're Reddit if you defend the show Reddit.

I'm looking forward to the last season of Orphan Black.

I'm calling you out on your shitty phrase, Reddit

Nah. The show is derivative, but it is elevated by it's prodigious cast.

i'm not going to watch some libtard fantasy bullshit

Where the fuck would you even find outfits like that? Who would create such a thing and why?

>D&F Magazine is out of Williamsburg, Brooklyn

Oh. Right.

Libtard fantasy shit? Why, because there's a black person in it? It's about top secret evil CIA operations. It could have been written by Alex Jones.

> It's about top secret evil CIA operations.

Specifically about the shadow government kidnapping and kids for nefarious purposes and trying to cover it up. I'm not entirely sure Info Wars was not an affiliate.

It sounds ok.

Stranger Memes is gross and you should feel bad for liking it.

>tfw millie will never rest her head on your shoulder
fuck

this show sucked

baby's first D&D campaign

>was p lousy up until the 3rd or 4th episode then it got really good

It's 8 episodes a season.

So you're saying half of the entire show was lousy?

I say all of the entire show was lousy.

You have shit taste then and are probably 14

/thread

That's like a quintessential eighties premise, dipshit.
>Dats libtard SJW shit right there!
You must be unable to watch 98% of television due to libtard SJW shit. At least this show has possibly one of the lowest forced SJW shit levels ever other than the group having a black kid member.
0 gays
0 interracial couples
0 forced diversity (though a black family in what essentially looked like a logging town is pushing it)
Gotts learn to pick your battles kiddo

damn, you sure rekt that other user. he didn't even see it coming.

>other than the group having a black kid

And even that is questionable given that the concept of a "token minority" character has been a common trope since before the 80s. I guess you could say Dustin is kind of ethnically ambiguous looking, but he's Italian. A) Who the fuck considers Italians to be a minority in this country? and B) I honestly can't imagine anyone else playing the role of Dustin better than Gaten Matarazzo. If you had a ten thousand kids read for the role, he would almost certainly book the job.

its done, we know its done people have seen it.
these fucking assholes wont just officially release it