What went wrong?

what went wrong?

"historical realism"

since when was king arthur a girl

fail. they even have her labeled in the picture...

Lol they shopped Kiera Knightley's tits bigger in this poster

she was a cute in this though

She's always a qt sticc

rarely stopped movies from being successful

nothing. its comfy as fuck

it was trashed though

Nothing, interesting version, a little more "historical".

I liked it. Top 5 King Arthur film for me.

Every negative review complained that they left out the Guinevere/Lancelot romance. Cucks can't handle King Arthur without the French NTR stuff added on.

Like there were so many. Honestly, I enjoyed it too, I just don't understand why it was so badly received.

True, I probably could only name five total right now off the top of my head. Just my way of saying I really liked it

But that's a fundamental thing though.
It'd be like having a Julius Caesar movie where Brutus doesn't stab Caesar

Am I the only one who prefers when she looks like a ambiguous boy?

The director's cut is kino.

Mads is awesome, Ray Winstone is awesome. This movie is good.

Its a fundamental part of modern adaptations, but it wasn't a part of the original myth or anything. I believe it was created in Le Morte d'Arthur. A movie like this which is trying to put some historical accuracy into it was right to leave it out.

I thoroughly enjoyed it.

We literally have no idea what the "original" myth is
Morte D'Arthur is as close as we're going to get

>that belly

hnnng

Guinevere and Lancelot is just someone cut and pasting Tristan and Iseult into the King Author mythos.

>OF COURSE I'M COMING! YOU'LL ALL GET YOURSELVES KILLED!

Nothing the directors cut was fine.

The director simply shouldn't make PG-13 movies. I've liked everything but Brooklyns Finest.

One thing that pissed me off was the final battle. Why didn't they just positioned the woads on the wall and pour tar on those faggots?

Labeled in a shade of red which blends into the background unless you know to look for it. It's still fucking stupid to put a secondary character front and center when the movie is named after the protagonist.

The 'original' myth (or what's closest to it) is Welsh sheepfucker drivel where Arthur is a hairy-assed barbarian chieftain who shits in the woods and his warriors have retarded powers like one guy can wrap his beard around the rafters in Arthur's hall
Le Morte was compiling shit that had been around for centuries from various sources like Geoffrey and the French shit , it's not the earliest but it is probably the best of the actual medieval versions and the one almost every author and movie takes most inspiration from.

Not really true. In the originally Welsh triads, written in the 50s (the real 50s not 1950s), author was married to three different women named Guinevere and there was no Lancelot.

It wasn't until French chivalric romances of the 13th century that we get Lancelot and the romance. So in a historic sense the Author legends have existed for a lot longer without the romance than with it. They really were created by the French to undermine English heroes.

I actually started watching this on Netflix but lost interest and never finished it

I did feel bad for the knights in the same way I felt bad for the soldiers in Alexander because traveling in the Ancient World was quite possibly a death sentence and you might never see anybody you loved ever again

King Arthur is most likely a composite of various legendary kings.

Why don't they just adapt Bernard Cornwell's "The Warlord Chronicles"?

If The Last Kingdom is successful I hope this is adapted one day.
I'd also like to see more versions of Arthur done this way but with more of the fantasy elements too.

One of the best things about Warlord Chronicles is that it manages to keep a balance between historical "realism" and magic (until the end, at least, when it goes full supernatural with Nimue's curse).

Him and Dagonet's banter was great
Just like Gawain's banter to pretty much everyone

I thought most of the 'mystical' elements was superstition and psychology and shit?

It's always ambiguous, but in the end the curse that Nimue casts on Ceinwyn is undeniable of supernatural nature, which establishes magic as "real" for the series, in my view.

Antoine Fuqua