In the end one with possession

>not a catch
Well, thank the refs for home field advantage cheatriots

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NRQqN6UsRys
youtube.com/watch?v=l0Q4tKnfaIY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm not a psychic but I can sense your butt is hurt.

Funny, not one penalty on the Patriots other than obvious offsides calls, either.

Clearly that's not "possession" of the football

(No one can actually define what a receiver having "possession" of the football is)

now so the rest of the catching process where the ball doesnt touch the ground and doesnt move. Ill wait.

Show the whole play faggot. Breaking the plane only matters if you're a runner and he bobbled the ball when he fell completely.

show the play in motion

literally on the website what possession is. and what completing a catch entails.

How is that different from literally every single other play where a receiver bobbled the ball on the ground and it got ruled incomplete? You think just because he crossed the plane he can just drop the ball?

pats fan here, we make our own luck. winning is about more than talent.

>keeps getting rehired
fuckkkk

Item 1. Player Going to the Ground. A player is considered to be going to the ground if he does not remain upright long enough to demonstrate that he is clearly a runner. If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact by an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball until after his initial contact with the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches the ground before he regains control, the pass is incomplete. If he regains control prior to the ball touching the ground, the pass is complete

I'm a Pats fan and I still wonder how that wasn't a TD.

>He caught the ball
>He made a football move with possession of the ball
>He broke the plane of the goal with the ball

Am I missing something?

His initial contact with the ground was his knee and he had possession at that point as shown in OP.

Item 1. Player Going to the Ground.

A player is considered to be going to the ground if he does not remain upright long enough to demonstrate that he is clearly a runner. If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact by an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball until after his initial contact with the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches the ground before he regains control, the pass is incomplete. If he regains control prior to the ball touching the ground, the pass is complete.

Refs have no idea what they're doing and the rules give them too much discretion which leads to wildly different outcomes per instance.

>he made a football move

No he didn't. Hitting the ground and maintaining possession would have been the football move. But he failed because the impact made him drop it like a bitch.

Stay mad you dumb fucking shithead.

His leaning into the endzone is an extension of the catch, which means when it bobbles from hitting the ground it's incomplete

HOLY SHIT I JUST WATCHED THE PLAY HE HOLDS THE BALL UNTIL THE GROUND KNOCKS IT FREE

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAH BRADY ALWAYS WINS SHITSBURGH

Seiriously, how retarded do you have to be to not understand your national sports rules? does it make you ashamed that im a Mexican and i can see why that wasnt a complete pass?

Yes. It was a pass so before establishing the case that the ball crossed the plane during the play (which it did), it must be proved that the catch was completed (it wasn't). If this was a running play, then it would have been a TD

Good on Tony Dungy calling out the NFL on this shit

He caught and extended pretty clearly. I don't get why the NFL has such idiotic rules
One play like this can decide an entire season. It probably just did

I know there are tears of rage in their eyes, so they can't see too well.

even if it was the right call that's the dumbest rule he clearly possessed the ball the ground just knocked it free when he fell.

This isn't a catch, casual

>if he does not remain upright long enough to demonstrate that he is clearly a runner
This is incredibly vague and allows individual refs to interprete it however they see fit

I have yet to see proof of the ball being on the ground.

google "2010 calvin johnson catch"

>

>his knee hit the ground therefore he caught the ball
Do you see how stupid you look now?

The ball clearly hits the ground when it's wobbling half a second later. He never secured it, therefore no catch completion, therefore no touchdown.

I think that bit is actually defined elsewhere

Looks like its on his right hand

>Right hand under the ball at all times
Really fires my fucking neurons

This, fucking newfags misplacing their anger. The rule has been like this forever

>the ball the ground just knocked it free when he fell

That's like the most important part of catching the ball.

youtube.com/watch?v=NRQqN6UsRys
>2:44
This shit still angers me

>right hand under ball the entire time
really makes you think...

>Not a runner
>Ball clearly hits the ground before catch is completed

Why are Stiller faggots whining again? I'm not even a Pats fan but this clearly isn't a catch

i dont know what the nfl's rules are but i think most people would instinctively agree that's a catch

Inconclusive. Stick with call on the field. I just can't see how this is enough to overturn the call

damn he BTFOS himself

>illegal touching on the cooks catch
You didn't watch, did you?

>hurr durr lets ignore the fact that we tried a fake spike instead of playing for OT

kys

>It's another episode of "What is a Catch" : stoolers vs cheatriots edition

you may want to see an eye doctor

i think the important part is catching the ball. the definition of catch does not encompass being able to maintain something when you slam it against something else.

shame about that knee being down, fucking moron.

No one wanted OT. It was a bad play call, should have run a real play, but That defense would have parted like the red sea again
Steelers needed to win right there. It would have come down to a coin toss which is even worse

that's a TD

>literally makes effort to bring it into his chest

I don't care what the current rules are, the NFL needs to rewrite them so that this is a touchdown.

When are the fucking patriots finally going to get to face the 3 B's all at once? They keep getting so fucking lucky my god. Antonio Brown wouldn't have lost that ball

>i dont know what the nfl's rules are
then fuck off
>but i think most people would instinctively agree that's a catch
and? that only proves that most of them know jack shit about the game

did you see the Chiefs game last night? Hunt caught a TD and shifted his hands slightly. No catch. It's bullshit but that's how it is in the """"nfl""""

reminder flaccids and oldgay jinxed this game by shittalking about brady all game

Inconclusive? You can clearly see where he bobbles the ball and it hits the ground. Look at his left hand and how it slips and you can clearly see the ball bounce. It's not a catch

Knee being down only matters if you're touched by a defensive player idiot.

And Calvin Johnson and Dez Bryant both established this shit isnt a catch.

>all these "its a TD" retards

Watch how the ball spins as it hits the ground, and his left hand slides over it.

N O P E

>refs made the right call

A completed catch entails possessing it all the way to the ground. James caught the ball and then trapped it less then 2 seconds later. He has to have of the ball for at least 2 seconds or shit like this would count as a completion. The way the rule is written is perfect for the best football league in the world. This is a close call for high schoolers and there's no question that professionals should be held to the highest standard.

What really noodles my poodle is that people are complaining that this was a catch or not and not whether the Patriots intercepted that shit when they could have just kicked a field goal and have gone to OT.

Not an argument, Brady

>traps the ball against the ground
>professional football

You're retarded

literally called that shit before the first replay, Stooler fags are blind

Could have called pass interference on that play as well

hey retard just imagine it was out of bounds not the endzone, it wouldn't count then either.

CALVIN JOHNSON RULE

youtube.com/watch?v=l0Q4tKnfaIY

You can't see the ball hit the ground from that angle moron. It's under his hand. Show me the other side and we'll talk

I don't even know how someone can consider that a catch after you see the ball clearly hit the ground

>lets fake a spike and be a hero

Ben deserves everything he got. And for the retard, youre not getting pass interference on a trick play

Those tapes have been destroyed by the NFL at the request of the Patriots

Its probably right but everyone knows this rule is shit. He caught the ball and gets punished for reaching forward to win the game by the NFL rules

can't view it on Sup Forums.

Are you fucking blind? You can clearly see where the ball slips and hits the ground and look at how the ball slips from his left hand when it does so.

>I won the popular vote so let me pretend like I didn't know the rules to begin with

nice. don't use the webm of it.

>through the process
hmmmmm

The webm doesnt show the ball making contact with the ground either, retard.

>shittsburg vs. cheatriots

who cares, this sport is dead

yes it does

>Being this buttblasted
oh look its another steel beamer than cant bust the brader.
Yes your inferior team is not as valuable as the Patriots so step aside and witness greatness.

I can sense you're a dirty shitskin living in a favela

The most jarring this about this call is like Romo said it could have gone either way. Why the FUCK is a game this huge being decided on a judgement call? I think you absolutely have to stay with the call on the field because to me there is not enough evidence to overturn the called catch. It moves after he crosses the plane and contacts the ground but it could have stayed on his right hand

Yea Im glad a guy running 5 yards out bounds got called, Steelers caught a break with that one

>nfl tries to explain the call on twitter by having an arrow point to his right hand under the ball
This just keeps getting funnier
Likewise, I've never seen a fanbase more butthurt after a win than Pats fans right now

Reminder that the patritos should be 10-4 but got a phantom win vs the Jets when a clear touchdown was ruled a touchback

>All these retards saying "it clearly hit the ground"

Nice bias, faggots. Literally not "obvious". He has his right hand on it the entire time, and NOWHERE in the replay can you see it for sure hit the ground.

Go suck Brady's dick already fags.

Literally only steelbeamer fans are buttblasted at this moment.
Also who made Big Bennie throw an INT on the goal line?

The play is over once his knee hits the ground, as he DID NOT break the threshold of the goal line once his knee was down. He continued to stretch forward after the play was dead...this is not a touchdown.

agreed, should've spiked it, and kicked a FG and settled it in OT, instead of rushing like faggots

Romo is an idiot and was wrong. I knew it'd be overturned in real time. Romo kept going on and on about how it was clearly a TD and NOBODY in the broadcast booth realized that it wasn't a catch until like 60 seconds after they started the review. They're idiots and the broadcast team is full of know nothings. The fact that they didn't pipe that info into their headsets let alone notice it in real time is embarrassing. There have been MULTIPLE high profile controversies over this rule (on of which HAPPENED TO ROMO'S TEAM) and they still act dimbfounded in the booth. It's truly pathetic how stupid those guys are.

>t. Literal retard

It wasn't a catch, but the play was not over there because he wasn't touched.

He wasn't touched, this isn't college, pros can get back up once on the ground. The play ends once the downed player is touch by the other team

Refs had money on patriots so it wasn't a catch