Has there ever been a more blatant product placement?

Has there ever been a more blatant product placement?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8lgLYGBbDNs
youtube.com/watch?v=oQYwFND7rHE
youtube.com/watch?v=K5WgAubyhYw
youtube.com/watch?v=3HpIZrOH4zc
youtube.com/watch?v=rzg4ulYwnic
youtube.com/watch?v=vBCeFJ66oRM
youtube.com/watch?v=z9cVxh36kiw
youtu.be/H3fKPOUrJIg
youtube.com/watch?v=GWWHVrK5BhE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Did Pepsi pull out?

No but I did with your mom.

I shared a pepsi with your dad
It was unpleasant

The logo isn't even facing the camera so I'm assuming so.

Atlanta had an episode that 'ironically' had dodge commercials in it. 3 of them. It didn't add anything to the episode, the social commentary of a black man who can't afford pants but can afford gas money was unnecessary, and glover probably got a ton of money for the ads in the episode.

The shows not terrible, but the format of that episode took away from the social commentary between the characters.

I'm thick like a Pespi can, if you catch my drift.

Thanks

That waynes World scene.

youtube.com/watch?v=8lgLYGBbDNs

Yes.

House of Cards is pretty blatant with product placement.

youtube.com/watch?v=oQYwFND7rHE

absolute kino

>transformers 4
>man of steel
>the apple scene in winter soldier

Bruce Banner keeping his rage under control by using some Beats by Dr Dre

Can really tell in pic related but I remember the scene starting by zooming out from the logo

>Nothing like taking a break from this World War Z™ with the refreshing taste of a Pepsi®!

What in the F@CK did he mean by this?

If this isn't part of your top 3 scenes you don't know shit about cinema.

irobot
youtube.com/watch?v=K5WgAubyhYw

these are ironic

that is one of the most obvious no shame moments in a movie i've ever seen

youtube.com/watch?v=3HpIZrOH4zc

Kingsman with the Mcdonalds shilling

this was the worse

How has Jack and Jill not been mentioned yet? thing was an advertiser's wet dream.

the nike shoes scene in the netflix adam sandler movie was pretty bad

Literally every transformers movie is a 2 hour long commercial, so yes

Literally just an ad for toys.

Wait, are you me?

I watched the entire Fast and Furious series in a day a few months ago. 14 hours of car commercials and corona and lime product placements.

Yes, the most shameless displays are

and
youtube.com/watch?v=rzg4ulYwnic

If you dont realise these are satire, you might be autistic

Every Adam Sander movie has gratuitous product placement.

I am Legend was pretty bad

billboards everywhere. Then they show him driving his car with the logo visible. Literally a car commercial

When she asks you for a ride, don't fucking say yes. People will fucking die.

You'll know what I'm talking about.

youtube.com/watch?v=vBCeFJ66oRM

Most Adam Sandler movies.
youtube.com/watch?v=z9cVxh36kiw

Oh shit. 2spooky

That one had a batman vs. superman billboard in the first five minutes, cute little easter egg.

where's the 5s long take of bud light in transformers 4 complete with drinking shot

How about the transforming xbox and mountain dew machines in the second one? Cringe

youtu.be/H3fKPOUrJIg

Skip to 1:22

What does satire have to do with it being blatant?

are you a legitimate retard? because its not product placement, its a bit, about product placement.

>That waynes World scene.

It's lampooning movies that do this. Basically pointing out product placement like we are in this thread. Love that scene though.

It was a clever way to use product placement so they don't feel like complete sell outs. No doubt they got paid to plug all those products.

I don't mean to blow your tiny mind, but did it occur to you that it might be both?

They are still placing a product you nit wit it has nothing to do with being coy look up the definition

youtube.com/watch?v=GWWHVrK5BhE

>Has there ever been a more blatant product placement?
Nice digits.

>Stallone
>Cobra
>Opening Scene
>Coors

>T-mobile trying to take credit for basic features of modern phones
I don't get how US telcos get away with some of this shit.

Thanks YIFY

this wins, and cannot be defeated

Anyone else here not mind product placement? In several instances I think it makes the movie more realistic and believable.

Like when a character actually googles something instead of using genericsearchengine.com

or they drink from an actual bud light bottle or something.

Transformers Age of Extinction is the most blatant but the worst is Mac and Me

wanna see something cool?

transformers and 300 came out 2 years earlier

Maybe if you pirates didn't stop illegally downloading shit they wouldn't have to resort to this.

>How has Jack and Jill not been mentioned yet?
Because we arent plebs enough to watch Sandler shit you wanker.

>Pepto Bismol: the movie
And fucking why, of all things, was it Pepto Bismol?

Cuck

You don't have to watch that trash fire to know of it's bullshit.

Pepto and fucking Dunkin' Doughnuts

> Any current network tv show.

is this the best product placement?

It's neat because it adds a feeling of reality to it. It doesn't feel like the movie stopping to go 'BUY COCA-COLA!', it feels like an ad that happened to be on at the time.

What I've never understood is why they have to "clear" stuff to use them in films. It's like if a character is drinking a soda, they either have to make it a fake brand; they have to get Coca Cola's permission to use a Coke; or Coca Cola pays them a bunch of money to have them drink Coke.

Like, why would they need permission? Would Coca Cola really sue them for using a Coke? Could they even? It just makes no sense to me.

I think its far more complex than that, I'm speaking knowing how ignorant I am about the matter, like copyright fair use and such, It's never that easy

I don't know. I mean, it's not like McDonald's approved Supersize Me. It just seems bizarre that they can't / won't use products without getting either permission or payment.

No it's fucking not, it's just brand recongnition on things that coke usually do.
If it where a Pepsi ad it wouldn't look the same and you know it.

Fast and the furious with the constant Corona references.

What part of what I said is incompatible with that? I'm not saying it's not product placement, just that it's being used in a way that lends a sense of realism rather than subtracting, like most placement. It helps that it's just there, rather than Harrison Ford going "Gee, I sure love Coca-Cola after a day of hunting replicants! Nothing beats it ice cold!".
Part of this is that a lot of companies have feelers in studios and pay to help subisdise things like prop rental. If you try to use a brand in a way they don't like, you might suddenly find yourself paying a hell of a lot more for the 30 rental cars you needed for a shoot, for instance.

fight club

Almost every Adam Sandler movie has at least one product constantly brought up.

GM gave so much just to have their cars in the transformers movies

every Bond film since Goldeneye has shilled for Omega

I like watches, so I find them neat.

Pic related happened in the last season of House MD. She actually utters these words, and it has nothing whatsoever to do with the plot.

I think one of my favorites was on NCIS LA, where the 'tech people' are always holding Surface tablets whenever they say anything. Like half the time they're holding the fucking things upside down. The things aren't bad mind you.

Dan?

It's clearly not very good product placement if I can't even tell what product that is.

I, Robot was basically a long commercial for Audi, Converse, and FedEx

Maybe because it treats stomach problems, which are related to poo and farts, so it's funny? Either that or they just got payed a hell of a lot for it.

Bones did the same exact fucking thing at some point.

I saw a lot more Bones than I wish I had.

this shit made me blow a gasket

Logan was bad. Fucking Jim Beam and Fireball and Chrysler and I'm sure there was another one that I'm forgetting.

he drove a Cadillac limo and all the baddies had F-150 pickups

Was it really 3 ads? I only remember the pants one and that shit was hilarious to me

Yeah but those headphones don't exactly show the logo as much as they could have shown the logo

Don't forget fuckin Dunkachino