Moving to Germany in two weeks. Berlin specifically. Can speak moderate German, not fluent. What can I expect?

Moving to Germany in two weeks. Berlin specifically. Can speak moderate German, not fluent. What can I expect?

inb4 cultural enrichment

Other urls found in this thread:

berliner-kurier.de/berlin/polizei-und-justiz/---berlin-polizei-ticker----dokumente-und-stempel-in-auslaenderbehoerde-geklaut-22954006
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Cultural enrichment :^)

>it's another Yanks Ruin A Thread episode

Germans will try to talk to you in English once they find out that you are a native English speaker. Even working collegues will try to be "nice" and answer to you in English. It's kind of annoying for immigrants who truly want to immigrate and learn the language if everyone instantly switches to English.

You have to be persistent and don't try to sneak your way around lerning proper German, force yourself to speak German all the time. Avoid the poorer areas, don't engage in political discussions, there are certain things you are not allowed to do/say here. But I'm sure you know of that already.

>Berlin specifically
I am sorry for you

Moving to Germany
i am sorry for you

>Berlin
I hope you like the smell of piss and Döner

But yeah you're literally going to have no issues language-wise as long as it's not a problem to you that you live like an animal, among people that you don't understand. When you want to communicate with someone, you won't have any problem doing so

German is a useless language in Berlin.

>Moving to Germany
>Berlin specifically.
I am srsly sorry.
Don't ever go near the Tiergarten. They will enrich you literally.

Why do you hate yourselves so much? I love every German town I've been to and Berlin was very nice.
>Germans will try to talk to you in English once they find out that you are a native English speaker.
True. A friend of mine wanted to practice German but everyone would talk back to him in English.

Because every true German hates Berlin, it's Germany's blood-sucking freak

>Berlin
Don't talk about politics if you aren't a total lefty.
Prepare for the smell of piss, commie blocks, hipster filled "shisha longues" and terrible people. Watch your wallet in the city center.
As the others said, you won't have troubles when it comes to language.

>Berlin was very nice
In that case you don't know anything about Berlin.

That's one huge mad/sad lad still under cultural shock, it seems.

>Don't ever go near the Tiergarten.
>Watch your wallet in the city center.
Been there for a week in 2013. Has it gotten that bad since then?

Potato in German is Kartoffel

Thats about all you'll need to know right?

Thisssss
Bavaria is nice though :P

>2013.
2015 was the turning point. Never heard of "wir schaffen das"?

Don't know, I've been there 10 years ago and it was a massive shithole back then. Not that things would be much better here in cologne, but somehow Berlin managed to be even worse than this place.

Ber?
Ber?
Gib please

>They will enrich you literally
>literally
How is that bad then?

It was already a massive shithole back then, but in the last years it turned even worse.
berliner-kurier.de/berlin/polizei-und-justiz/---berlin-polizei-ticker----dokumente-und-stempel-in-auslaenderbehoerde-geklaut-22954006

I see. That's sad.
Been to Cologne in 2004 (didn't spend much time there, just visited the Innenstadt and the Dom) and it was nice.
It's sad to hear that Germany is turning into shit. Hope it gets well soon.

I wouldn't get my hopes up. The thing is that we have no one to blame but ourselves, as much as I hate to say it. Even if the parties say they want to take more care of the conservatives again it's just too late now, as the uneducated immigrants have a really high birthrate compared to germans or really educated ones.
We could have just taken a look at places like Paris, Brussels or London, but germans are ignorant and to some extend just either naive or dumb.

>no one to blame but ourselves
Does your sorry as really believe this bs? Like as if we really ever had any say in all of this mess?

Kölsch sucks

Berlin is the least German city you could visit. It's not a bad city tho, very international. If you want to get fucked up every day it's your place. Hell hole of drug abuse, homosexuality, "art" and trust fund baby hipsters.
Waiters don't even talk in German anymore, they'll just take orders in English by default.

this

that's one assmad amerilard.

Avoid entire central area