Anyone else think this is the best animated comedy ever?

anyone else think this is the best animated comedy ever?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EIk5Bau3ty8
youtube.com/watch?v=9kRL-2agKXk
youtube.com/watch?v=ncDA1q6x778&t=13s
youtu.be/8REBQP08yBg
youtube.com/watch?v=FL4brNLU1bY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

When I was like 10 I thought it was really boring. I should try watching it now I guess.

I missed out on this and fell in total love with it

I intentionally didn't watch the last season 'cos then I wouldn't have anything to look forward to.

How can Jews be so funny?

last season has some pretty decent gems and the unaired eps were pretty good too

was Dr. Katz a good father?

I'm fucking jealous. the final season has a lot of my favorite episodes in it. but the last episode is fairly underwhelming and it didn't really provide any closure.

if i ever get a gf, i'll watch it with her

i'll probably die alone, though

>was Dr. Katz a good father?
c'mere and give me a hug, you

I watch it every time I go to bed your missing out

Katz shouldn't have pampered Ben for so long
I'm not sure how he would survive if Katz died

Laura Silverman's voice is so sexy.

Walk for Hunger felt like closure but thanksgiving was the perfect season finale.

why is laura so perfect?

>thanksgiving was the perfect season finale.
agreed. that's my favorite episode along with Ben's Partay.

Such kino intro music
youtube.com/watch?v=EIk5Bau3ty8

Laura cutting loose at the end of Ben Treats was great
series had perfect music

I don't know much about jazz music but the drumming during the end credits is so fucking amazing. it's so hard to keep up with but it fits so well.

so does anyone know why it was cancelled?

Jonathan Katz has MS and it was becoming too much for him. I imagine it would be difficult with a series that requires improv. Otherwise he could probably rcord his lines and send it.

well that makes sense and with the home movies idea I guess everyone moved on but when it ends with 3 or 4 eps left makes me feel like the network killed it instead

>You know what you're right, here have some donuts too.

I related to that episode way too much.

it was pretty comfy

thanks for reminding me the best episode of Home Movies: youtube.com/watch?v=9kRL-2agKXk

Katz and Ben are together the whole episode.

I'm glad her dialogue is kept to a minimum otherwise her voice would overshadow everything else in the show.

I love season 1 especially the upn eps so frucking much

Yea definitely. And they still have good chemistry but it doesn't feel like they are playing the same characters.

kinda sucks they focused the majority on the kids and mcguirk as the chemistry between the adult were just as good and needed more air time together

But Jason is the best character on the show.

Eggplant Parmesan. Who would have thought that combination would have worked...it does.

You worked at a bakery for a day?

too bad your getting the eggplant

you got life? no
any kind of O's?

It was about 3 weeks.Made me never want to work in food service again.

Dr. Shit is more like it. The Brak show is the gold standard

ben blowing off todd barry in the video store was fucking great

Where can I watch this show? Larry sanders show has a great episode with Katz in it

Youtube.

And Katz returned the favor: youtube.com/watch?v=ncDA1q6x778&t=13s

the whole series is on youtube

>You should have some self-respect and stop inviting yourself.

my nightly sleep ritual is Dr. Katz, Home Movies, or Life & Times of Tim. The autoplay feature on youtube is a gift from God.

Is there a place to watch this or do I just pirate?

All good choices. Yea I watched Dr. Katz mostly before bed. It's too comfy not to.

Why was Laura so cruel to Ben

>be loser with no life
>contently harass someone trying to work all day every day
>why is she so mean to me

youtube

It's okay. less about funny creators, more about inviting stand up comedians on
it's like Shorties Watching Shorties

>all these plebs with their youtube quality shit

I love the fixings

>less about funny creators,
you couldn't be more wrong. the standup segments are very hit and miss. you get occasional good ones like Rodney Dangerfield or Louis CK but then you get absolute shit like Jeff Garlin or Mitch Fatel. The real reason people ITT love the show is the interactions between Dr. Katz, Ben, Laura, the bar people, Todd, etc.

Laura never tries to work. She's just as lazy as Ben, but she has employment privilege

I actually pick this up recently
it's mostly rehash but at the end of each comedian segment there's some original katz stuff

wtf i want this

has nothing to do with being lazy

got the whole packaging too feels fucking good
what kind of show is larry sanders?

Is this good enough? I've got the whole series and extras, but haven't actually watched an episode all the way through yet.

the extras are really good but what triggers me is in one of the mini eps JulieXKatz and that really upsets me as they had great chemistry together and it was something they didn't have to touch at all since it was so many years after the show ended but of course they did anyways

Better than the stretched out, dim youtube quality. The extra scenes made before the show are so offputting to me. You should watch them first desu.

they shut down JulieXKatz*

the fallow up with Steven Wright was amazing

"you said you were afraid of dying in a fiery crash"
"I could have dialed a wrong number and got better advice"

>what kind of show is larry sanders?
It's an HBO comedy centered around a fake popular talkshow hosted by a comedian named Larry Sanders (played by Garry Shandling). It goes into the behind the scenes fiascoes involved in the show. Rip TOrn and Jeffrey Tambor are in it and they are amazing, and so is Garry. Tons of guest stars who were popular in that era. It is very similar to Dr. Katz only a bit livelier and definitely a higher budget.

I only watched it for the first time like a year ago but this show is comfy as fuck.

this is the best Dr. Katz thread I've seen in years. it makes me sad and happy at the same time.

anybody watch the dick and paula celebrity special?

no, it's Home Movies

never seen or heard of this before

art style is more home movies than dr katz

'member when animation had character?

any link to a recording that isn't screaming in my ear because holy shit this is painful to watch like this

youtu.be/8REBQP08yBg

The VHS rip I got from myspleen doesn't sound like that. I could invite you if you don't have an account.

I would very much appreciate it

Aight email me.

Anybody else who wants an account can email too.

wow that place is fucking awesome thanks again for the invite

sent ;)

Kevin Nealon was the best standup.

I was a big Home Movies fan when I was 10

not as sexy as kristen schalls

Yup.

Also the real dude looks exactly like the cartoon.
Also also need some more Squigglevision in muh life.

>tfw there were only like 5 squigglevision shows

The episode Bees and SIDS that was shown on TV Dr. Katz has no sweat. The Bees and SIDS episode on DVD Dr. Katz has sweat.

holy fuck

would this have been any good?
youtube.com/watch?v=FL4brNLU1bY

Probably not. Never knew it existed though.

it only had a pilot episode and this is the only part I've seen. I wish I could find the whole thing.

Of course

Fuck it's not on myspleen. Maybe ill make an article on the lost media wiki so people can help find it.

Because she was a bitch

Fuck yeah. Dom was goat.

I bought the box set of this in college and watched it with my ex. Then when we broke up I let her have it.

Big mistake. It's 10 discs. I demuxed the episodes and got the audio tracks first though, and this show works perfectly as a radio/ podcast thing if you're familiar with it.

"Ben, have you ever heard the phrase 'withered corpses'?"

"No."

"Well it could be the lead line in a story about us if we don't play our cards right".

my man

definitely comfy core show

"Y'know, dad they did an experiment on this town where they took away TV from all the children in the town."

"W-what happened?"

"Eh, they killed their parents."

It's nostalgiac as fuck for me

I remember waking up early on the weekends when I was a kid and watching this show while I played maplestory with my buddy
It's pretty funny but I haven't seen it in a long time

"Dad, why is it that whenever there's been a death in our family you break into hysterics? What's so funny about another person's demise."

"Oh you know, Ben. It's like one minute they're here and the next they're not, it's like slapstick."