Well, well, well, another great day for the NFL

Well, well, well, another great day for the NFL

>Blown catch call to end the Patriots-Steelers game
>The most stupid rule in the book ending the Cowboys-Raiders game

Why do you still watch this sport again?

because i'm a fan of an unpopular team that the refs don't care enough about to fuck with.

A FUCKING paper

This. They haven't fucked the Chargers yet.

it wasnt called incorrectly, the rule maybe retarded but it was the right call

Patriots call was somewhat bs but probably the right call. Carr clearly lost control of the ball almost a whole yard before the end zone though. What would you called that play as? Surely not a touchdown?

>Other things needing to fuck the Chargers

The best part about loving the Chargers is that you know that every single one of their losses is because they're the Chargers, and not because the refs.

t. Robert Kraft

Hey now, it's only top 10 stupidest rules
Eternal GOAT is coinflip to determine the game

Re-read the OP.

I'm not saying the call was wrong. I'm saying the rule is stupid as fuck.

t.crippledshazier

and your favorite sport is?

The rule isn't retarded, the ball can't touch the ground like that bobbling. Stoolers fans are just salty

>The most stupid rule in the book ending the Cowboys-Raiders game
Also this isn't a stupid rule considering there really isn't an alternative or else players would try to "fumble" the ball through the side of the end zone all of the fucking time.

Eh, I say either make it like a 20 yard pushback or else all fumbles out of bounds change possession
It's stupid how 99 yards of the field and then the endzone are treated differently not only in spirit but also literally have different rulebooks

If it's fumbled out of bounds, just let the offense keep the ball from where the offensive player went out of bounds? That's the rule in literally any other spot on the field. That's the fairest possible way. Sure, the offense shouldn't get off scot-free for fumbling, but why give the defense the ball when they literally didn't even have to recover or do anything?

Not even a stillersfag, m8. The only reason I'm okay with the pats continuing to have bullshit refball aid them is because the Steelers are a close second in benefitting from bullshit refball. It's not like the pats used it to beat a likeable team

Look, I get that TECHNICALLY, a ball going out in the endzone has to be a touchback, and I get that the league doesn't want to make any special exceptions depending on the situation.

But seriously, that rule is ridiculously unfair. If the ball goes out one centimeter beyond the pylon, you keep possession and most likely get a touchdown the next play, but if it goes JUST past it, you lose everything? Players have very little control on where the fuck the ball is going to land when they lose control of it, and it's especially hard when it appears that you already went out of bounds and it seems like dropping the ball won't matter anyway. Yeah, I get it, be safe and just hold onto the ball and whatever, but when you're reaching for the pylon, it's easy to lose control of it. What are you supposed to do in that situation? Tell players to never try to extend to reach the endzone because they might fumble, even though the same exact action won't harm you on any other spot on the field?

It's like how many people were pissed about the pickoff play in Game 5 of the Cubs-Nationals game in baseball. Even if the runner's foot popped off the bag by 2 centimeters as he slid back because that's just how physics works, there HAS to be exceptions to the rules. It's just plain taking away from the fun and spirit of the game to call petty shit like that.

Why wasn't it a touchdown as soon as the ball crossed the line?

>Why do you still watch this sport again?

What do you want me to watch? Another Warriors win the Finals episode? Another refball for Barcelona and Real Madrid?

>most stupid rule in the book
fumbling INTO the end zone is stupid rule
okay

if Carr goes out of bounds at the 3, its 1st and goal with 30 seconds left to win the game. Sorry you millennial faggots don't understand there are rules and consequences in life

>lessen what is required to "complete the process of the catch"
>fumbles cannot be advanced by the offensive player but do not result in touch backs
>no more 10 second run offs
>offensive pass interference results in loss of down
>ease up what is considered defensive holding, especially if engaged by the offensive player
>tell officiating crews to err on the side of non calls and stay out of the fucking game in general
>officiating crews that throw penalties on meaningless kickoffs that just result in touchbacks and waste time will be fined 10,000$ for each offense

you could watch the swiss super league its very exciting this year

No, the rule is fine. Need to control the ball all the way through. No different than if he caught it in the back of the end zone and then dropped it as he hit the ground. Every year it's the same crying and excuses from the Steelersfags. "Our headsets didn't work the Pats rigged them!", "Bell/Brown or some other player got a booboo and checked themselves out the game like LdT even though the Pats are missing like 5 key players!", "Someone pulled the fire alarm at the hotel!" etc etc etc. Take your L like a man.

The fact that the steelers """"""""catch""""""""" was near the end zone has nothing to do with it. That could have happened at the 50 and it still would have been incomplete.

it's a fumble by the offense out of bounds. Ball is returned to spot of the fumble, since you can't fumble the ball forward. Like every other part of the field. Oh but for some reason, if it's in the endzone, the other team gets the ball at the 20..

It's a dumb fucking rule. He'd turned his body and his knee was down (I know it doesn't matter because he wasn't touched, but still...) with the ball securely in his hands. I'm pretty sure if a Patriots defender had slapped the ball out of his hands as he reached to cross the line, it would have been a fumble. And rightly so.

At least your team has a realistic shot at the playoffs. You dont know about having a garbage team that the refs don't care about.

>rules only matter sometimes when I want them to
You faggots need to take your Ls and move on. It's like a Hillary Clinton book tour in here.