What's wrong with high minimum wages?

It helps spur the robotization of the world, which is really great. We need to replace all the McD workers with robots and all the prodution slaves and taxi drivers and housekeepers and farm workers etc.

The sooner we start the robot revolution the better. Hiking minimum wage will help the robot revolution to come sooner rather than later.

Minimum wages are fine

Outsourcing and visas are what needs to stop

Oh I don't know it's the death of the private sector or something? Nothing too serious then.

>Outsourcing and visas are what needs to stop
Agreed. Fucking agreed.

Agreed.

Bump.

>we need to raise wages
>we also need to stop companies from getting cheap labor from out of the country
You guys are fucking retarded. Enjoy your 10 dollar burgers.

I never said I wanted to raise min. wage. Learn to read

And also enjoy flipping my burger for me

Minimum wage is about £6.50 per hour in UK. My daughter works in a newspaper shop for the minimum. She doesn't have to pay tax as she's a student. I'm a plumber and make a good wage.

My daughter is saving up for a car. She doesn't know I've bought her one already. I've also paid the tax and insurance. She can keep her money. She worked hard for it.

mfw I give her the keys.

Why does a McDonald's employee get paid 8 bucks an hour? Why not 20?

Because McDonald is an easy job, requires no skill, puts you in no danger.

You play with any of those three things, you'll get a increase in price.

Difficult job, requiring no skill, no danger: Truck driver. Better pay.

Easy job, requires great skill, no danger: Software. Better pay.

Easy job, requiring no skill, great danger: commercial fisherman, tree trimmer. Better pay.

That's why McDonalds pays so low. Now ask the question, why does it pay so much?

Because McDonalds has no career advancement, isn't fun, teaches no skill. If it taught a skill, it would be worth more to the employee and he would be willing to do it for less. That's how it works.

But if you put a minimum wage in, you destroy those jobs. Jobs that require no skill, put you in no danger, but teach a marketable skill.

I know because I took one of those jobs. On a 1099 of course, to circumvent the system.

This is the practical argument. The philosophical argument is "You don't have a right to dictate my salary." If two men voluntarily agree on an exchange of services for money, that's their business. It doesn't involve you.

If automation is so great, you wouldnt need to force people to do it

nothing, i cant wait until we get 15 an hour.

It keeps people in minimum wage, they are not incentivised to seek out better employment and inflation will always inevitably overtake their wage increase and all the companies CEO'S will say

> we gave you a raise 5 years ago, what more do you want?

throw away minimum wage for german citizens. Only foreigners require minimum wage, boom, problems solved.

>She doesn't know I've bought her one already. I've also paid the tax and insurance.
Is she cute? Does she have a bf? Why the hell does she work in a newspaper shop instead of getting a proper job with a future?

Because managers and CEO's only work if they are allowed to drive mercedes/ferraris.

There are places in germany where no one receives less than 2k per month (even the people that cleans dog shit from the sidewalk).
More! There are sandniggers right now with no skills who receive more than the average american worker just by working on germany!

You live in a completely different reality.

Minimal wages should be banned because they're racist.

sources please, this sounds ridiculous.

She has a bf. He keeps bees and is a good lad.
>Why the hell does she work in a newspaper shop?
She's a student. Any work is better than none.
>Is she cute?
I'm her dad. She turns heads when we go out, so probably yes.

Well then, lad. Good for you, good for her, good for everyone.

Congrats for a cute daughter. Tell her to keep dressing well, study hard, drive on the right lane and everything will be fine.

>drive on the right lane
You triggered me there, mate.