What did this thing want, anyway?

So I finally got around to watching Stranger Things after it got recommended to me, and I thought it was pretty good. But there's one thing that confuses me: what did the Monster want? It didn't seem to be hunting for food (Barbra and the Deer were mostly intact, despite having been attacked by the thing), and it wasn't intelligent enough to have some grand scheme. Was it trying to pull some Xenomorph/face hugger shit? Was that what the slugs were? What did it even want?

to breed. it wasnt deep, faggot.

Just another question to keep you wondering.

Same as:

Why was the upside-down just a creepy parallel version of our world?

Was the Demogorgon human once?

>Why was the upside-down just a creepy parallel version of our world?
you answered your own question faggot. its a just a parallel world.

>Was the Demogorgon human once?
literally nothing indicated this. stop theory crafting (read; making shit up).

this was not a deep show.

I think it was hunting for food but was also pulling facehugger stuff.

Even though the deer seemed mostly intact, I think the idea was supposed to be that it was feeding on the deer. It also probably ate that scientist that it attacked when it escaped the lab. It ate a little bit, but it was obviously trying to use Will (and possibly Barb?) as part of some higher function that involves preserving itself, it's race, or the upside-down.

It probably doesn't need to eat much though, since the upside-down appears to mostly be uninhabited.

not him but that doesn't even make sense.

if its a different dimension, it wouldnt even be earth, hell the solar system might not even be there, fuck the laws of physics might be so different as to ensure stars dont form.

if its shadow version of our world then why aren't there ghost cars driving around everywhere? that pool in the upside down, there would've been ghost contractors operating ghost building a pool and the house and everything.

Stephen King once wrote that “Nightmares exist outside of logic, and there’s little fun to be had in explanations; they’re antithetical to the poetry of fear.” In a horror story, the victim keeps asking "Why?" But there can be no explanation, and there shouldn’t be one. The unanswered mystery is what stays with us the longest, and it’s what we’ll remember in the end. My name is Alan Wake. I’m a writer.

shut the fuck up you stupid faggot.

my question is

why are there trashed cars in the upside down and decrepit buildings

but clearly stuff from the real world updates right away, like the painted letters

So why aren't the cars driving around? Why are they just sitting all over the place? how the shit does any of it work? Why is the pool empty? Someone filled it so shouldn't it be full in the upside down too? What happens if you destroy something like the tent fort? Is it broken forever or does it refresh from the real world on a cycle?

>In a horror story, the victim keeps asking "Why?" But there can be no explanation, and there shouldn’t be one. The unanswered mystery is what stays with us the longest, and it’s what we’ll remember in the end.
I agree, but who's Alan Wake?

Video game character who's a best-selling psychological thriller author. The video game itself is a psychological horror action-adventure game.

shut the fuck up you stupid faggot.

I wasted 40 dollars on a shitty game that had the guy from lord of the rings and the guy from the opening of the dark knight rises just so I could get Alan Wake 2. Where's Alan Wake 2?

n-n-no you shut up!

It's fiction calm down nerd.

Stephen King is also a faggot that cannot write endings for shit.

my theory is that the upside down was originally that empty black void that Eleven traveled in her psychic incursions and finds the demogorgon. When they meet and Eleven brakes the barrier between the two dimensions, I think that aside from the monster coming, a reflection of the our world around the tear leaked into the upside down creating the alternate town. I feel that if you keep going further away from the portal, you'll eventually end up in the same black void as before. Just my two cents.

I don't get how the Upside Down can have cars parked all over the place.

Did a ton of full cars enter that different dimension?

Are they the shadows of cars in the real world? If that's the case why aren't any of the cars moving?

It seemed like there were other creatures there besides it.

The better question is, why did the breeding process kill the victims? When they got the kid back, he threw up the slugs, it didn't seem like they were eating him from the inside. It's also obvious, as pointed out, that it didn't seem to want to eat them, so one wonders why the babies would need to eat them, so, if they're just incubators....

why are they dead?

Second season is going to have to answer some questions.

why is this cunt so mad at autists asking questions?

why is this car question being asked in so many variations?

This makes a lot of sense and is even creepier than a straight 1:1 dark mirror universe.

Lovecraft's work has been creeping people out for decades. While there are questions unanswered, there are questions that were answered - the key is that the questions that were answered revealed secrets that drove people mad.

Mad.

MAD.

... this actually neatly explains everything. but if its just an empty black void, what was the thing eating?

I was just exploring possible explanations, but I guess it just turned into a mess of questions.

Ur mum's pussy.

What about the worm things?

Not the creature. THe black worm/snake things that creeped up people and went in their mouths. Put them in some sort of stasis. Seemed to kill them after awhile. Also seemed to be planting little slug things inside of them. They didn't seem to be a part of the creature, but they were obviously using the bodies to make little black slug babies.

upside down'd version of our fauna? alternate dimensional fauna crawling through the portals the demogorgon left behind?