How is it to live in a country without universal health care?

How is it to live in a country without universal health care?

Other urls found in this thread:

rapidhomeremedies.com/remedies-for-gallstones.html
theguardian.com/society/2017/mar/31/nhs-surgery-target-operations-cancelled-simon-stevens
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just ask your cousin Dr. Goldstein

probably similar to Africa

Pretty good tbqh

like i have to hope and pray i dont get injured

He likes the profits

it's fine

I unironically have two doctors both named Dr. Goldstein.

I'm guessing they have health insurance. Or not, I have no idea how it works.

Just happy I live in a place where I don't have to worry no matter what.
Broke my hand a few months ago, cost me nothing besides parking and like 10 dollars for painkillers.

KIKE'D

terrible
pray to god you don't have to go to the hospital

>health insurance
With Trump now openly sabotaging Obamacare they're about to go back to no government subsidies and punishing you for pre-existing conditions

>California
Feels good having """""free""""" healthcare here :)

I have health insurance so I really do not live in a constant fear. Healthcare is not really a problem in America for the majority of people, i dont know why liberals and Europeans make such a big deal out of it.

hell

>Europeans
We make a big deal out of it because all we see of it really is people complaining about getting poor from a simple injury.
Especially on this site..

How much is health insurance by the way? Does it cover everything?

>tfw no insurance
>tfw always have to be careful of what i do because hospitals costs will be in the hundred thousands if i get seriously injured

>get shot
>go bankrupt
>go to jail

The price of freedom.

>How much is health insurance by the way?
like a $30 co-pay for a doctor's visit if you get it through your company. most people get it that way

>hundred thousands
Damn..
What if you for example break your hand like I did recently.
>2 x-rays
>surgery
>three pins
>cast and then support brace
>physical therapy for 4 weeks

How much would that cost without insurance ?

>$30
Monthly I guess? Not that bad.

>How much would that cost without insurance ?
more than it should be

>Monthly I guess?
no, for every appointment. which should only be twice a year for preventative care unless something's wrong

Oh. I see. Even better.
If you get health insurance outside of a job I'm guessing you gotta pay a monthly fee or something like it right?
Otherwise everyone would have it.

>If you get health insurance outside of a job I'm guessing you gotta pay a monthly fee or something like it right?
it's basically a car payment that never ends

We have a semi-privitised system very much like Obamacare so I'm in no position to laugh at Americans.

What I find stupid about American healthcare is that even if you do everything right, they will still try to kick you off health insurance the moment you get serious ill. So when you actually need insurance is when they will try to kick you off it.

And what I find even more funny, is the other people in that same healthcare pool will be like, "yeah, fuck that guy, he is rising our health care costs, kick him off!".

UHC worked real nice in 1965 when the word "refugee" in Europe meant someone from the communist bloc escaping over the Berlin Wall.

>very much like Obamacare
it isn't. obongocare is based on the dutch system but Washington can and will fuck anything up

bout three fiddy

Obamacare is like our system except with much less government regulation.

Great. We get like nothing taken out of our paycheck and we make our companies pay for us. You're fucked if you're jobless though.

>We get like nothing taken out of our paycheck and we make our companies pay for us
you're losing several thousand a year in earnings because the company has to pay for the fat fucks in HR to have gastric bypass surgeries

What happens when you get stage 4 cancer though? Do you just have to keep working to keep your insurance?

>What happens when you get stage 4 cancer though?
You die

>What happens when you get stage 4 cancer though?
I don't think you have to worry about paying for insurance at that point bud

honestly I'd rather just go home and die with my family

I have great health insurance because I have a good job.

Sister is disabled (CIDP) so whenever they start trying to fuck people with pre existing conditions it freaks me out.

idk, I'm still on me mum's plan but I can't remember the last time I went to the doctor for a non-vaccination reason.

It's better.

t. Libertarian Master Race

>Libertarian Master Race

Obviously you'd just go to the local herbalist and trade ammunition for medicine.

So great all the niggers and sand niggers you wisely granted citizenship came to enjoy too

It feels okay most of the time, unless you have health issues.

-My little brother has a few thousand dollars in debt due to his medication and its getting really ugly because his hours got cut at his job and he needs that medicine but its so expensive.
-My parents drive to Canada to get medicine for my other brother (EpiPen, thankfully we live in Michigan so its like an hour or two to drive there).
-My aunt is very sick (her gallbladder I think?) and was recommended surgery but is using all this herbal stuff to treat it because she can't afford a real surgery.

>My parents drive to Canada to get medicine for my other brother (EpiPen
figured they wouldn't allow that

shit's fucked desu

>Paying for others (immigrants, stowaways and the corrupt State which stole a part of it)
In the end, it ends up being more expensive for the good guy.

>recommended surgery but is using all this herbal stuff to treat it because she can't afford a real surgery
What the fuck.

Its OTC so you can just go to a Canadian pharmacy and pick them up for like 1/10 the price. The border guards my dad mentions it to have always been cool with it, apparently there's a risk of them being seized if you read the internet but it hasn't happened yet.

That's fucked up man.
Can't imagine having to live with that fear.
>and here I am complaining about expensive booze

She even has insurance through Obamacare, but the really high deductible means she would have to pay $6000+ for the surgery and she cannot afford it. So she's doing these home remedies along these lines:

rapidhomeremedies.com/remedies-for-gallstones.html

No idea if its bs or not, I lean towards bs but I guess people have been needing to make do with this kind of stuff for hundreds of years.

>implying there is a good guy

The contributing, working and tax paying member of society?

Isn't that true of anyone except lvl 10 turboNEET? (And even then his mom pays taxes on the chicken tendies she buys for him)

Pretty much

I have a family member that has a government job so i get it for free until im 26 lol
Ive honestly never heard or seen it as a concern IRL, even when we had to pay for it. I think its just liberals making noise. Especially now with obamacare, theres no excuse not to have insurance.

Obamacare is paying $500/mo for insurance too expensive to actually ever use.

Only way I'll go to the hospital is if there's something very clearly wrong and life threatening on my body.
If it's something ambiguous. I just sleep it off and hope I wake up in the morning.

I think I have gingivitis do I see a dentist or doctor?

Really? I thought its the "affordable" care act.

Dentist

>go see doctor
>gives me a marijuana card instead of actually giving me meds for my problems

I dont have to pay for some fat fuck that eats McDonalds every day's health care.

Its affordable insofar as you can get a special subsidy if make ~133-400% FPL. This can make your monthly premium more affordable (though much higher than it would have been pre-Obamacare, since people with preexisting conditions naturally jack up the prices severely). You still have that high deductible though and that will prevent you from ever seeking healthcare when you need to pay $5000+ out of pocket. I

t's subject to a welfare cliff too so if you just start making over 400% FPL your subsidies are absolutely gone. So using 2014 numbers, 2 55 year olds would pay $211/mo with $12,700 deductible if they made $62,040, but if they made $62,041 (one dollar more) their premium shoots up to $1342/mo. Prices have gone up since then.

Oh yeah and not all states have medicaid so if you are a poorfag making under 133% FPL then you get jack shit depending on where you live.

This is a shitty first world

Oh, so you're openly claiming for someone else to pay for you since you're stating you're not paying it yourself
Glad we agree

Even fucking cuba and north korea have universal health care lmao.

I support UHC (no idea how we can afford it since our healthcare is so much more expensive than Canada), but this doesn't make it sound like a good thing. Saying "North Korea has it" is an argument against.

I work for the military so I get everything for free :^)

Ty for your service

>UHC
codespeak for communism

it's fine because I have a job

>be canadian
>die waiting for "free" healthcare

I just don't pay my medical bills after I break something lol

Doesn't the debt just grow?

Lemme put it to you this way. Do you really want your taxes to pay for some freak's gender reassignment surgery?

Access can be very limited but fortunately I am covered with employer insurance and can usually afford up-front payments so it is not too bad.

No it doesn't.

Then how do they enforce payment?
Makes no sense
Not everything is covered by UHC

Employers usually cover it.

I imagine it must be like heaven as you are not forced to pay for crappy decisions other people make.

never heard of insurance, jew?

Really gets your noggin' joggin'

UHC means a meh healthcare for everyone. Poor and lazy people benefit from that.
Private insurance means top quality for those who are covered by their employer.
Those who are not covered or are unemployed, are covered by medicaid which is public and gives you access to the same doctors.
So most people have access to quality health care care either through private or public insurance. It is only a tiny % that fall between the cracks. And the whole big deal is about them. Don't fall for the memes.

>a 1 or 2 year difference is dramatically represented as a hugely widing gap, nice
Also it doesn't matter how much I spend out of pocket (much less actually since this chart is a meme) as long as I can afford that. And our salaries are the highest and taxes the lowest.

NHS is a joke. Good luck dying of a heart attack while waiting for your surgery.

Hey green ranger, haven't seen you around in a while.

>NHS is a joke.
The UK still has a better healthcare system than the USA, in every possible aspect.

> dying of a heart attack while waiting for your surgery
Isn't that from a meme chart of Canadian healthcare?
Universal healthcare differs drastically from country to country.

>UHC means a meh healthcare for everyone.
>Private insurance means top quality
We have both you know

No, google NHS wait times
this for example:
theguardian.com/society/2017/mar/31/nhs-surgery-target-operations-cancelled-simon-stevens

We have both too. Private and public (medicare, medicaid and VA). You didn't know that?

It would appear you don't or this whole "Obama Care" controversy doesn't make sense at all

>Then how do they enforce payment?

They threaten to hurt your credit score. And they do, which can make it harder to take out loans, rent an apartment, get a job etc. Though often I hear individuals, when they hear your bad credit is due to bad health, are more understanding then if its bad credit due to just spending a ton on bs.

Public health insurance is only for the elderly, disabled, veterans or (in some states) the very very poor. Everyone else needs to buy it, and the prices can get very very steep for ordinary people. Also in some states there is no healthcare for the very poor.

Well it is politics, and we do have issues. So of course politicians will always take advantage of that to promote their agendas. You have to read between the lines and be able to make your own research. Google "coverage gap". here are some numbers for you. We have 2.6 million people in that gap. Is that too much? Or too low? You tell me. We are a country of 300+ million people. And deeply divided at that. So people will give you totally different answers based on their political views.

I see, was the credit score thing invented after the stock market crash of 2008 or you were even dumber than it seems?
Makes sense, you have to remember UHC only grant basic medical aid and no weird expensive vanity surgeries, common argument against it.

By not being an unhealthy fat son of a bitch

Aka, Americans need it more than anyone

Greatest ally there are few points of USA's healthcare I know and most of them are very politicized towards the left.

I'll try to state a example to see if I can make my point.

In the US and universal healthcare doesn't cover teeth unless actual flesh wound.

You could pretty much say the same about my country, if you need almost anything related to teeth care you need to pay the private sector.

And another point I'd like to make is about universal healthcare in diverse regions of your country.

Here for instance I went to Andalusia to see a friend which had a very urgency surgery (car accident while driving high drunk) turns out the hospital also gave me food when in my region you need to go a bar and get complains from the hospital staff, another one would be same handalusian region regarding trannies you get therapy and surgery free last one you need to wait years until they chop your thingy where anywhere else in spain you don't get shit for free for wanting to be tranny.

You are right. Which is why I posted these charts. There is only a tiny minority who fell between the cracks (not poor enough to qualify for medicaid but not making enough to afford private care or working shitty jobs that don't provide adequate health care).

>credit score after 2008
kek, no. it was implemented long time ago.

Terrible.

Massive taxation, long wait times, inadequate healthcare when you finally get it.

And here are the states that chose not to expand Medicaid

Credit scores have been around since 1989.

>You are right. Which is why I posted these charts. There is only a tiny minority who fell between the cracks (not poor enough to qualify for medicaid but not making enough to afford private care or working shitty jobs that don't provide adequate health care).

Depends on what you mean by "between the cracks". The medicaid gap refers to specifically those who make below 133% FPL in an area without expanded medicaid, as your charts show. Making above 133% FPL doesn't magically make healthcare affordable though, its still extremely expensive as you would very well know if you ever needed to afford insurance. See Subsidies can help with your premium, but does not help with deductible, and drop off very sharply at 400% FPL.

There's a lot of middle class people that shell out up to $1000 a month for healthcare that they essentially can't use outside of extreme emergencies thanks to high deductibles.

No, you don't, not everyone qualifies for medicare, here you'd get our equivalent IMSS even if you're the CEO and your employer is providing the absolute best insurance money can buy.

Say you don't like dealing with our public system, you can get insured and get an hospital suite that's about the same as a 5 star hotel. Say you get cancerand can't keep up with co-payments for your insurance, you always have the public system to fall back on and can get the exact same drugs there. You can mix and match, have surgery at private and rely on public for meds or get primary healthcare in public and rely on private for small follow up consults so you avoid lines/hassle.

Everything that isn't cosmetic gets taken care of in the public system. The point is you're never without coverage.

I feel sorry to you, because universal health care isn't that expensive per person while 100 other people don't use it

Then the stock market crash makes zero sense or the people in wall street are literal Patrick Batemans running around

How do you mean?