How do you feel about Malcolm Farquhar winning the BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2017 award?

How do you feel about Malcolm Farquhar winning the BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2017 award?

Other urls found in this thread:

pollmill.com/f/what-is-the-size-of-hanna-ohori-s-nipple-x2lsj71/answers/new.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It says something about Britain.
Nothing good, sadly.

Great athlete and an incredible career, well done to him.

Or should I pretend some mongy twat like Harry kane should have won because he's white?

We aren’t in much of a position to talk, our prime memester would have probably selected a muslim tranny

Clearly one of the best athletes of his generation

deserved it ahead of the others
maybe hamilton couldve won it, but Mo is an incredible athlete and had a great end to his career at the worlds

Mo deserved it last year, not this one.

Trying to get away from doping allegations in the dodgiest way possible, running away from his coach, changing disciplines, and using an unfamiliar name:

".... Farah’s response was to reveal that he will head into the next chapter of his career no longer known as mighty Mo.

“My road name is Mohamed,” said the multi-winning Olympic and world track champion, who switches his attention to marathon running next month.

“I just feel like Mo is done. I need to forget about what I’ve achieved and what I’ve done.”

Seems legit.

He voluntarily had a public blood test when his coach was accused of doping
>fucking leaf

doping tests mean nothing unless they are done by surprise

pollmill.com/f/what-is-the-size-of-hanna-ohori-s-nipple-x2lsj71/answers/new.html

I guess olympic athletes never have random blood tests then

>what is whereabouts

>your best runner is abusing thyroid medication
>your best cyclists are abusing asthma medication

I wonder what '''medically necessary''' medication Andy Murray is on

Kane should've won because he's British and an outstanding performer in a sport people actually care about. I don't know anyone who cares about athletics. Or F1 for that matter. And I'm sorry, but Farah's claim to Britishness is much more tenuous, given that he didn't spend the first 8 years of his life here. Formative years, you know? I'd quite like to be Norwegian, but I'm just not, and now it's too late to be.

Coach accused of doping is probably a surprise, its not like he can magic clean blood and piss

Great athlete and nice bloke unlike Hamilton and Joshua who are overpaid overhyped narcissistic pricks

happy for him desu even if he is a dope lad

yeh spot on

Joshua is pretty down to earth compared to other boxers, problem is with boxers is they have to create a persona to bring hype to their matches which gives them a negative character

Hamilton is a boring fuck desu senpai, he should be a party animal race driver but he's a bit bland

>giving awards to mud drug cheats

Feel like they both try hard to have this humble down to earth clean image when it’s clear they’re both tossers wish Joshua would embrace his thug persona and Hamilton his playboy persona

absolutely no surprise

Joshua should have won it

I agree with Hamilton but I don't want Joshua to end up like Chisora or Haye who act like thugs

^^ this, but im glad hes won it, blokes a legend for what he has achived.

Humble bloke who dominated his field happy for the lad at least it didnt go to shutupblad

Going to be awfully embarrassing when him, Alberto Salazar, and the rest of the Nike team are caught doping.

>Joshua is pretty down to earth compared to other boxers,
hope u dont believe this my friend. that momma's boy act he puts on is all pretend.

Levoxyl isn't banned so they can't do anything about it

Not really. When you look at his "achievements" this year, they're really not that impressive.

Mo is one of the most likable guys in the sports world and is a phenomenal athlete and has actually been legitimately successful.

I'm happy he won it.

Mo should have won it twice already. EASILY the greatest British athlete of all time.

>Mo should have won it twice already.
What years? There was only last year year he really deserved it.

Wiggins deservedly done in 2012, so I don't see any other year he would have been the justifiable winner

Yeah suppose Wiggins was fair enough. Wouldn't have been much debate of Mo won it that year though. Definitely last year after the double double and when Murray had already won it twice.

I'd say Hamilton was most deserving this year and I don't even follow F1

It speaks for African Americans all over the world.

Froome should have won

deportations soon

europe is for europeans

I don;t know who that is, but he certainly seems to have a lot of personality judging by that picture.

remind me of the last time canada had an utterly dominant track athlete?

>Andy "world no. 1" Murray on suicide watch

tbf, when did we?

Farah is largely reviled by the hardcore running community at Letsrun.com, which is probably the closest distance running parallel to Sup Forums, complete with Sup Forums-tainted threads and all.
Personally, I love seeing him win because of how booty-blasted it makes everyone, but there's no doubt his affiliation with Salazar and Nike Oregon Project has tainted his achievement for a lot of people.

well you've just proven exactly why farah deserved to win

he's dominated medium to long-distance running for nearly a decade. We've NEVER had an athlete as good.

Drug cheat

Farah isn't really British though

>farah
>british

Come on fella. He's as British as Lagat is American

I wonder who gives a shit about long distance runners, cyclists or golfers.

He's as British as tea and chicken tikka masala

Lots do, fella. Golf is a massive global sport.

They give out awards for having a big black cock?

All part of weening ourselves off our dependency on the transatlantic semen pipeline. We have to be able to look after ourselves after Brexit

Harry Kane will get millions and fuck beautiful women every night.

Mo Farah ran and is a skinny east african. Let him have a meaningless award, he'll actually come to the ceremony and give a shit

Honestly they could have gotten just as many diversity points by giving it to Hamilton and they would have been more justified.

The BBC isn't interested in a popularity contest, they want someone who will give a shit about their meaningless media personality award

Lots do, fella. Cycling is a massive global sport.

The same people who give a shit about the BBC Sporting Personality of the Year

>left leaning organisation handing out a prize to a man seen as a villain by the left
Yeah, that would never happen

Kane did absolutely fuck all this year to deserve winning it

>Honestly they could have gotten just as many diversity points by giving it to Hamilton and they would have been more justified.
It's the public that votes. It's not for "them" to give it to anyone.

>villain by the left
Maybe it's cause I'm in America, but when did Lewis Hamilton become a villain on the left, he takes stands against Trump and everything

Trump's daughter is Jewish and he has repeatedly praised her Jewish husband, yet everyone called him Hitler for 2 years

>t when did Lewis Hamilton become a villain on the left
When it emerged he was avoiding paying millions of VAT tax on a private jet

A lot of people on the right take stands against Trump

golden boot in PL? not a bad achievement

Lel. Absolutely fuck all then.

Footballers never win, Giggs was the anomaly up against a year of absolute fuck all. It was almost more like a sympathy vote because he was retiring

Beckham won it for fuck all. Gazza and Owen too.

He's not that much of a pervert to be a leftie luvvie.

>Harry Kane will get millions and fuck beautiful women every night.

Is that his sister?

Kane was at the awards. Mo was not. Mo has also made millions. Get you facts right Ronald

He seems like a genuinely nice guy, don't know much about him but I'm glad he won it

Wasn't Januzaj up for this award a few years ago? I guess nationality doesn't matter. Would KDB win this? His grandparents in the maternal line are even from Ealing.

hmmm

Glad because it makes cowardly white boys mad

I simply don't see how the average English sports fan can accept the mental gymnastics required to claim Farrah as one of their own simply because Somalia is incapable of putting together an Olympic committee. He is a tremendous runner, an all time great, in fact, but he is not a genuine Englishman.

sir mo !!

>he is not a genuine Englishman

well he's not really a "genuine" member of any nationality so he had to choose somewhere t represent

just glad we got his medals

>boy grows up in country
>declares country to be his home
Hardly taxing

Literally one of the 5 most likely to be known British Athletes by normies. (Bayol, Murray and Hamilton probably ahead of him, Kane lurking)

i thought i was 100% done with this awards show after what happened with tyson however this year it has clawed back some of my respect desu
they gave the england cricket team the team of the year aswell for winning the world cup

Bolt looks baked desu

How'd get get away with the ganja on the blood?

Have you ever been on Sup Forums

No, why would anyone want to?

we cant judge until
we see the BBC

oh and that motor cycle nobody getting 3rd

2nd
3rd was Mr One Leg

yeh made up for both of them

He's won the Superbike WC for the past three seasons running tbf

yeh that is niche as fuck

This year was absolutely rigged as fuck.

not a chance lad imagine the shitstorm if it came out
only way they could really rig it is by the shows editing/ all votes become free

So what? If the award is to recognise achievement in sports, you can't belittle his second place when he's won a world championship in a globally popular sport.

not belittling it said i was made up for him

Is this not you then?

yeh but that is out of context user

The sentiment that Farrah's place of origin shouldn't be so easily discounted is hardly unique to Sup Forums. I'm not advocating he be sent back to Africa or something lol