Rick and Morty

At what point should I know whether I will like this show or not? I didn't really like the pilot but I'm willing to give it a chance if it is a slow start.
Rick annoyed the shit out of me with his saying "morty" every two words and burping every other sentence

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=36qLcMmmtaE
google.se/maps/place/Bro/@59.4988895,17.6373202,13z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x465fa44b29a0a68f:0x1567a9467958a042!8m2!3d59.5148287!4d17.6402895
youtube.com/watch?v=BPuq2TbjlO8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

4 episodes and you'll be hooked.

This

Don't listen to the "reddit likes it so we should hate it" kids on Sup Forums

3 max. pilot is the worst episode so far, by quite alot.

It's a show for normies, people who get high, and drunks. I'm a part-time stoner drunk who loves Back to the Future so I was hooked at the first episode. Then again I'm not a contrarian teen who hates on things just cause they're popular.

Though, I DO hate 99% of modern music. Sounds so shitty and overproduced to my ears.

Am i allowed to like this show? I don't have my own opinions any more

I actually hadn't heard any of the reddit stuff, I just really like community and lasagna cat made me want to check out Justin Roiland.
and thanks, i'll give the next few a go, I just didn't want to waste my time watching something I'm not enjoying

Most people feel mixed about the pilot.

Personally I already like it a lot but most people usually need a couple more episodes to start liking the show though.

But yeah, if you still don't like it after the third or fourth episode you should probably just quit since it's not gonna change much after that aside of the second to last episode which actually really stands out.

first season is kino

second season is dan harmon self referential bull crap

season 3 was supposed to air a year ago and a month ago dan harmon admitted that 'it was hard to write' and that theyre animating it (he announced this in a snide, sardonic retort as if this isnt what was on everyone minds youtube.com/watch?v=36qLcMmmtaE )

season 3 is still a year away because of all the memes and self-awareness i-am-smartism they felt like they had to shoehorn in

the show is so dead in the water it makes the ocean stink

s3 will be shockingly bad. it will be trying way too hard. mark my words. dan harmon breaks everything he touches

screen cap this.

What baffles me most about the seaosn 3 shit is that they literally say fuck you to their fans for wanting new episodes and the fans just eat that shit up.

It's fucking ridiculous.

RED-

Watch the second episode (Lawnmower Dog), if you don't like that then the show's not for you.

Rocket

The show is... fine, it's ok

But the cult of personality that has developed around it on both sides is a bit weird

>I fucking love science! Rick and morty is fucking epic for the wiiiin

>Reddit and Medocrery more like, autistic, reddit fedora cancer

Reddit and Morty

can people on this board go 5 seconds without mentioning Reddit?

go back

Reddit

Dude have you ever heard of "it's done when it's done"? I'd rather someone like James Cameron or the people who did FTL take their time in delivering the best product they can than have some rushed piece of shit.

The pilot is passable but i wasnt excited for the next episode. But i could not stop watching after the third

Dude have you ever heard of one staff member purposely delaying shit because they want to include fandom ideas or whatever?

Lock Justin in with some animator for a week and they're gonna produce an entire season that's as good as season one.
Harmon is the one that keeps fucking up deadlines and always need to include unnecessary references to certain things.

Lick an anus you cuck.

YOUR SHOWWW ISSSSS REDDDDDITTTTTTTTTTTTTT

hi autist

They severely cut down on the burping BS later on, makes it a lot more enjoyable.

Give it five episodes.

R E D D I T
E
D
D
I
T

Seems like you're a butthurt fanboy who is too invested in the show. Even so, why care so much when you hate the creator?

reddit and memey tbqh

Way more than 5 seconds bro try harder next time

>bro

im not your bro bro

I used to know a chinese chick who called me bro, while still having the thickest of accents.

sup bullo

OP here, why the hell are people bringing up reddit? I was just asking a simple, innocent question about a show I heard was good, and people are fucking arguing about whether you're "allowed" to like it

did you sleep with her? asian girls are my #1 fetish i have yellow fever like theres no tomorrow

I literally live in "bro" Sweden bro, don't try me bro

google.se/maps/place/Bro/@59.4988895,17.6373202,13z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x465fa44b29a0a68f:0x1567a9467958a042!8m2!3d59.5148287!4d17.6402895

I made out with her a week before she was heading back to china.

I was just trying to imitate what I believe bro sounds like with a Chinese accent

blow

Like all shows, 3 episode rule.

I can't stand the burping. Makes me feel sick listening to it.

Wrong. Agents of SHIELD takes half the season to be "acceptable", and only around season 2 does it become something close to good.

You really do need to get into the mindset of a Redditor normie to understand why this show is so popular.

These people have never heard of adult animation in their lifes that wasn't stuff like Family Guy, it was completely alien to them. And they can't laugh at these shows because they consider these shows stupid. They want a show that isn't necessarily smart or funny or well-written, but that appears to be to appeal to their surface-level taste. Because these people live for that mindless self-validation. They don't actually understand what makes for good writing or good comedy, nor have they ever picked a book about physics. They want to pretend they do so and circlejerk themselves, that's what matters.

Rick and Morty is just perfect for its demographic: these same college-age self-important Bernouts who "fucking love science". The entire foundation of the show is built upon the dichotomy between "silly sci-fi humor and references" and " things are super deep and tragic bro". This pseudo-intellectual "nothing even matters, I'm insecure about existence, we are all going to die" bullshit that R&M shits out in almost every episode is what appeals to it's audience. The show doesn't actually have the tact to even begin to offer an interesting presentation and discussion of any philosophy, so it spouts these edgy teenage catchphrases.

Nevermind the bean-headed, noodle-limbed unexpressive character design, or how the story is non-existent and only comes up when the writers beg you to feel something for these characters so devoid of substance, or how the entire show is a trendy forgettable scenario of the week memefest with just enough sci-fi references to trick normies into thinking they are smart for understanding them, or how the characters have somehow been reduced to even more obnoxious caricatures than before, none of these things matter.

What matters is that it appeals to the millenial redditor audience, and that's what's selling Rick and Morty.

>philosophy
>politics
>Reddit

Fuck you nigger it's a fucking cartoon.

If it takes more than 3 episodes to grab you, it's not worth watching

Honestly, the show is too cynical for its own good. There's so much you can do with the premise, but they chose to constantly rehash tired r/atheism themes and ideas. Also, they went out of their way to make every character a miserable cunt and/or asshole.

the bureaucrats part was funny. the worst episode was season 2 alien lolsorandom tv redux

Season 4 GOAT.

but I thought all millenial americans are miserable and atheist

It's hit or miss, but the hits will hit hard

The pilot is the weakest imo other than I think s1e6
Give episode 2 and 3 a chance

I enjoy a maximum of 30% of the episodes 80% of the time.

t. guy who was forced to watch two seasons because "it gets better"

Look up YouTube compilations of various scenes out of context, you won't miss anything

Just kill yourself already

Thats what makes this show unique you cuck. You wanna keep watching the same old tired Burgerland "comedy" animations.

Adding a little bit darkness to the mix makes this show godlike. Stay mad kids.

We will take up the subject during our next council meeting, you'll be notified shortly after.

I disagree, it was one of the better ones even.

The two "rick and morty watch interdimensional TV and zap around" episodes are the worst
Also the one with the thousands of Ricks

I liked it the first moment I watched it.

This. Everybody seems to need some existential crisis these days. It's almost a rite of passage now.

I enjoyed a little over half of it. This show is filled with absurdity, but I feel that a lot of the time it oversteps into "randum xD" territory, ruining any humor a scene may have had before. Depending on how much of that you can tolerate, Rick and Morty can be fun. I've found that I'm struggling to sit through a rewatch. I got 4 episodes in and dropped it. I may watch season 3, but I'll probably skip it.

this.

dude, bro, reddit, chill, cali, weed

Yum...

Dude have you ever heard of sucking my hairy cock?

Faggit

saved

Gross

That's some pretty old pasta, m8.

>it's a "Sup Forums calls a show that defines themselves reddit" episode

>implying the moment they read it it didn't take 5 seconds to reply
>read it
>reddit

FUCKING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEREEEEEEEEEERRERRREEER

Does reddit call shit they don't like Sup Forums?

you need to consider suicideing yourself if this is what you think. where the fuck do you faggots come from? reddit is too obvious

for being correct? you need to jump off an overpass into traffic mate because your opinions about everything are fucking awful and your parents hate you.

*buuurp* god's not real LOL

>he doesn't find this funny

I didn't like the pilot, so i gave up on the show. Then, one day, a year later, i was bored so i watched it again. I liked it alot more the second time. I got hooked on the show, and loved it. But, i didn't laugh out loud once. I still like the show, and for whatever reason, i kept watching. Its not the greatest show in the world, and it has developed a fanbase littered with basic people and normiea, but its still a fun show to watch, even if u don't burst out laughing at all. My point is, if u aren't a normie, give it a second chance, watch a couple eps, not just one, and see how u feel. Faggot.

Hey guys mike here is it true that watching this show reduces your chances of getting dubs and (you)'s? Pls respond I want to watch it but I'd rather not lose my dubs and (you)'s thanks

Ur such a gay cunt.

Quality over quantity.

On a somewhat related note, why does all American adult animation have to be an edgy and raunchy comedy? In Japan they do a lot of different things with their animation but I don't think I've ever seen an animated drama or mystery thing that was American.

What I dislike about R&M is the creator's obnoxious lack of a sincere & dedicated approach to the show. The creator's revel in their ironic detachment, exemplified most of all in their improv episodes. As if preemptively shielding themselves from criticism by releasing something deliberately half-assed. It is emblematic to me of the creator's lack of genuine insight or a lack of conviction in their own ability. Which would be understandable given the personalities behind the show itself.

Half-assing is only real philosophy of the creators. The show is conceived & shaped through a click-bait understanding of science, a lifetime of media addiction & the only partially digested nietzschean philosophy of the creators. It knowingly spouts the kind of lazy, autodidact, self-serving, personal philosophy of those weaned in the information-era: "Nothing really matters so do whatever you want."

It's a half-baked nihilism dressed up as cynical realism used to justify a shallow unexamined lifestyle of hedonistic "Dopamine is the greatest good". Ironically championed by those who consider themselves more knowledgeable than the rest of the world because they're armed with an internet connection and a wikipedia tab. It aims to make its audience feel smart & clever without making them think too hard. To validates the choices they've already made & reinforces their lifestyles. To makes them feel superior while downplaying their own shortcomings.

In other words. It's reddit.

I don't like its feminist undertones.

The one good thing about this trash meme show is that it's an easy way to get reddit invaders, like you, to out themselves.

Leave my board, scumbags, you are not welcome here.

You're definitely right about music. I took a year of an audio program and I now actually knows what "overproduced" looks like, as well as what it sounds like.

This show exemplifies the toxic ironic detachment poisoning the minds of fucking everyone. Stay away from this shit and shit like it.
Irony is mental poison.

youtube.com/watch?v=BPuq2TbjlO8

Only one you should bother watching.

Keep watching, son

I watched all of it and remain pretty indifferent. It was time that was spent I guess.

>(((and Morty)))

really makes you think, huh

Welcome to Sup Forums.