Ok so here is the question for all balts: what do you think about Russian Empire period of your history and how is...

Ok so here is the question for all balts: what do you think about Russian Empire period of your history and how is general attitude to it in your cunt?

My grandmother-in-law is Latvian (fled the country) and she hates Russia.

She witnessed sovied period and I know balts hate it but im askin about imperial period.

bump

Most proles today view it indifferently, some bizarros even positively, compared to USSR. Even when it was objectively much worse.
Balts are stupid.

Russian occupation was the shittiest out of all three partitions.

With Germans (or Prussians whichever you prefer) Polish culture, language and traditions was repressed by the Germanisation efforts which Germans were absolutely anal about but at least with the germanisation came the german development, urban planning, manufacturing, technologies, railway system etc.

The Austro-Hungarian partition was the least developed (because right next to that tiny bit of Poland you had Czechia which was the richest region of Europe at the time so really the Polish partition was a "backwater" at best) but Polish culture thrived because the A-H empire was truly "multicultural" and Kraków remained a centre of Polish culture.

The Russian partition combined the worst of the two.
You had the massive shithole status of the Austro-Hungarian partition (still the richest region in entire Russian Empire fucking lmao) AND the repressive policies of shitty Tsars absolutely bent on trying to make within the empire Russian instead of focusing on actually improving the living conditions of the people in it.

This is of course a great simplification of the matters but it's a tl;dr of the general feeling most of Poles have about that particular period of history.

>balts

Poland was part of the Russian empire at the same time AND it's borders the BALTIC city.

Baltic is my city

Better russian culture than soviet and post-soviet.
Navalny will restore it.

>balts

How was it worse

Tsar period could not have been that bad if we had only 3.8% Russians and Baltic Germans. The history does not specify anything overly negative regards to Tsar Russia except Russification in the early 20th century, which was mild compared to what the Soviets did.

Soviet Union was a different beast. It was a systematical eradication of a progressive European nation which barely had anything to do with the new culture room it was embedded in. Europeans are just afraid to admit it was one of the most vile things ever done to native Europeans, because they themselves are scared of Russia.

Current Russia reminds me of Soviet Union, because it carries on the same beliefs and people think what the Soviets did to Baltics was heroic. Not to mention the overall melting pot state of mind, which is not much different from USA at all, except it is united in poverty and fascism.

pls be in Baltic

Russians unironically believe Estonians are Nazis because we think Estonians should live here instead of Russia's multicultural liberators. The idea that a certain country should be ran by its native people absolutely fucks with their minds. This is why Tsar Russia couldn't have been worse, because autonomous states like Estonia and Finland would have never survived. It was a true empire not a rapey homogenous mongrel mix.

When speaking tsar time people usually speak stories how their forefathers traded a pigskin boots for mansion or some other joke story. Mainly its somehow connected with Petersburg.

Listen here, Ivan. The Tsar was a German and so were we. We invented the Russian Empire, we colonized all your lands. Also we were the first ones to tell "fuck off" to commies and be supported by the king of UK etc who was closely related to the tsar. In fact, we are the inheritors of the Russian Empire. In fact, you live on our land.

Also it's no coincidence that Russia's last great thinkers are from the Empire times. Since Soviet times it has been one hugs anti-intellectualism anti-success cult.

>we colonized all your lands.
Kek
Love mad Estonian posts.
The fact is that their life under the Russian Empire was significantly better than without it. But they'll never admit it since they're still butthurt about the USSR.

We fought against the USSR. St. Pete's was always our capital.

The thing they don't tell you is that we sided with the Tsar, in fact his very own brother who ruled the UK. Who gave all the guns, ammo, etc.

The USSR is a country of thieves. Like Stalin, a Georgian bank-robber.

More severe repressions, Russian officials (read: Tsar's criminally insane sadistic sycophants) being unacountable for their actions, drastic Russification, banning of the lithuanian language for a better half of a century etc.
Soviets at least had the decency to invest infrastructure in this shithole, along with sending a few parasites to Uncle Joe's Winter Camps; all the Tsars did was bleed us dry in their wars and turn us into a frontline for their shitty family feud.

The fact is that their life under the Russian Empire was significantly better than without it.

I don't know what he was on about, Ive never heard anyone claim we wuz Tsar and shit.

However your claim that we did better with Russians is pure bullshit. First Republic was an above average European nation that traded with UK and Germany.

You know nothing about the pain this country has gone through. We had the top 1/5 of our native population eradicated and replaced with literal subhumans. Still we are going.

The fact that you are laughing about this from your safe mountain kike hut probably makes you completely oblivious to the things that can happen in this world when you get the short end of the stick one day.

Hah the Tsar visited daily, he was like 100km from us. But the thing is Russians got fucked up by some commies. Who we also knew how they were funded by the German Empire. It is a miracle Russians don't understand we're probably the most Russian guys out there.

Then your experience was obviously very different from ours. We had literally 30% of our population replaced from 1940-1990 as a complete destruction of our national culture, to the point were people were hiding the flag that is on my post right now in their attic wall in fear of getting shot in the head by the KGB.

Kas sul on mingi vaimuhaigus kallal? Kust sa seda paska õppisid?

The Tsarist era never was a problem. We probably could have taken over any lands. But the USSR era is what started killing successful people (and we did colonize parts of Siberia and the Caucasus before)

Just because Tsar loved this country because he could larp as European here doesn't make us Russian, it makes the Tsar an Eestiboo. And it is curious that we came out of the Empire pretty much completely intact. Soviets had a special hatred for Estonia maybe for this particular reason.

Sa vaata, kuidas ma räägin, et vene impeerium on eestlaste leiutis. Sa ei pruugi sellest aru saada, aga see on sinu oma probleem. Mis ajast vankad ei saa mitte millegist aru? Nii et ära mölise. Ma tean, mida ma tean.

That's what you get for being pushovers and bending over to the Party in Moscow.

Not really, the Russians always viewed Latvians and Estonians as dangerous, which is why we got fucked up so thoroughly and systematically.

So the worst you got from Russia was "tough laws" and "corrupt officials", with 95% of your native population intact after the Soviet Union and you thought that was bad? Try our history.

The Tsar was an Eestiboo. Did you know Nick II an Estonian personal driver + doctor. Also check my post here , we shot japanese led at them because we understood what the commies were, all Russians within our country were refugees. That's the real deal.

Literally our whole fucking government, military, court system and their families were murdered, deported or forced to escape by the Soviets. There are barely any people left at all whose grandparents were in high places in the First Republic. What we got in exchange was the people we call "tiblas" today, literal 80 IQ vodkaniggers who think they are and always were European.

This is why most of Russians today spark a special anger in me, because they think demolishing a beautiful European country from the inside out was an awesome deed that should be repeated. Only a subhuman mongrel can feel this way. Your Tsar would spit in your faces for what you have done and what you take pride in, commie fucks.

Russians live under KGB control. Russian mafia, etc. It's a mafia state. They will say shit about us because we know the truth.

so balts are fine with russian empire

eww

Most of this shit happened because of Stalin. He fucked Russia too, in case you didn't know. Best scientists, best officers, best people of the nation were inprisoned.

It happened to all of us. The thing is,we started firing bullets at people doing that. And that made us an eternal enemy of "Russia"

>And that made us an eternal enemy
I hope not. Even jews are now friend with Germany, lol.

The only difference is most Russians today take pride in the deconstruction and mongrelization of their own state and operate on the same principles. There is nothing left of Russia except a mongrelized multiculti state which pledges allegiance to a flag, which was invented 25 years ago and where criticizing goatfucking is enough to land you in jail. Our Russians miss the Soviet Union, not the Empire.

It was nothing to be happy about, but at least it didn't aim to destroy on the scale of Soviet Union.

>Best scientists, best officers, best people of the nation

ah, this crisp of french baguette

feudalism

I'm talking about 30s when Stalin put best people in jail. It's not about Russian Empire.

It's no coincidence all of Russia's high culture is from the Tsar era. The communist mindstate was taken very seriously in the sense that no one shall be smarter, more insightful or richer in wealth than the average. Being superior meant "going against the wall", which was applied to citizens who already had achieved something more than average. Going against the wall is also a term, which our Russians love to use in the same context to this day. Doing this to the elite by extension meant that these genes were wiped out from the gene pool, because this is exactly what the commies intended to do.

Having this done to their own state as well as their neighboring states, is what I would say based on my experience with our Estonian Russian minority, is what Russians celebrate to this day.

Topic was the Russian empire though

It's called the "butthurt belt" for a reason, you know.

KILL ALL RUSSIANS RACE WAR NOW

I'm comparing Tsar Russia to the bolshevik foundations of the Russian Federation and the values current Russians cheer for.

When compared to the empire, it's barely even the same country anymore and it's a fact. The mensheviks lost and were literally wiped out with their ideology forever. Current Russia is an NWO state with a ruling class and braindead slaves, which I guess is kind of the endgame for communists anyway. They don't even want their culture back, their smart people are still murdered or forced into exile like in the good old commie times and that's good enough for them.

Something something 1612, 1792, 1939

The current Russia wasn't the topic either.

But whatever.

Tsar Russia. Not as bad as the other Russias. Cultural traces of it are hard to find, because they were systematically erased. In today's Russia, the values of Tsar Russia are impossible to find. Respectable cultural heritage.

>In today's Russia, the values of Tsar Russia are impossible to find
You can easily one od the most retarded Tsar Russia traits - fucking orthodoxy.

It still instills some sort of values in people. Unfortunately in Estonia the church is basically a base for Russian nationalism and propaganda instead of being a place of reflection and humility. Again, Soviet heritage where they tried to eliminate religion, making people especially brutal and inhumane. I would say the Orthodox Church might be one of the last lifelines for true Russians.

What are you even trying to say by that?
Holodomor, remember?

How impossibly fucking assmad is this Estonian faggot?

He's not assmad. Go back to Mart, burgerclap.

Redpill me on the r*ssian minorities from the Baltics

They were sent in as colonists during Soviet times so they still have the same mindset