The US not making it into the World Cup next year is the best thing that could have possibly happened for soccer in the...

The US not making it into the World Cup next year is the best thing that could have possibly happened for soccer in the United States. By actively showcasing how much we suck, we have made it so that it is no longer possible for American audiences to watch us fuck around in the Group Stage and lose, only to shrug their shoulders and say "Well, at least we're mediocre."

By sucking bad enough to not make it to the Big Dance, we have made ourselves aware of just how much we suck and can start making the changes that need to be made. Look at what US Basketball did after the shitshow that was the 2004 Olympics. That's what can happen here now.

>inb4 Trinity and Tobacco

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JyHuG1ks04A
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Well, that it is not a shame stay out of WC, i mean, only >we have manage to be in every edition and sometimes >we were catpiss. You guys can take the opportunity to develop new players under the same mentality and figure out how to make things work from now on.

I think you guys are overestimating the attention span and capacity for introspection of the average american
the "we don't like this sport anyway" stuff posted on Sup Forums may have been mostly done in jest, but it's reflective of a wider mentality
for the record, I realise leafland isn't any better

>Texas and Tennessee

PLEASE no bully Boris.

youtube.com/watch?v=JyHuG1ks04A

Well, we share a professional league, and both of our countries rate soccer pretty solidly in fifth position. It's no surprise we are getting similar results on the international level.

It's never good to fail to qualify for the wc. Just four years wasted.

>Losing to Turkey and Taco

The Russians and Arabs are bullying us again lads...

We will always be a joke until we stop pretending my little sawker is good enough for the national team. We picked the best American mls players and what did they do this year? They played fucking horribly in almost every game from the gold cup to that atrocious away game to Honduras. When we start playing young talented players like Mckennie, Parks, Jonathan Gonzalez alongside Pulisic then we will start to play well but right now we are and will continue to be a fucking joke as long as mls pulls the strings behind the national team like how that Dan Williams guys implied in his interview a few weeks back.

>people at the top of the organization say nothing needs to change and nothing went wrong
Kek
Nothing will change
We will not improve, unless we get a while squad of foreign born and trained players to declare

>to declare

If you're going to use an American proxy at least have the decency to not make it really fucking obvious you're a foreigner. Did you run your sentence through google translate or something?

Autism.

>CONCACAF

there is no way you will ever be better than average. not in 20 years, not in 200 years

>dude football will always be eurocentric
Retard alert. Fifa is trying to get giant markets like China and the U.S involved so that in 50 years you will have Guangzhou and LA Galaxy on the same level as Real Madrid and PSG playing against each other in a global champions league i.e club world cup.

Even if the FIFA wants that, the american "soccer" will have to change. The MLS is a joke. You need a relegation sistem with a 1st 2nd and etc leages.

Are you retarded or just suffer from paranoia?

>Tin Tin and Tomatos

>Clubs actively seeking to establish relegation in America
>Texas restructuring how youth intake works in America
>Americans signed as promising youth in bundes and Ligue 1
We're literally fixing shit right now.

This is definitely true but if FIFA wants those to win to make more money of their markets, they will have no qualms refballing them into competitions and eventually out of group stages, just like they did for S. Korea, as long as they can appear to be slightly competitive so the refball doesn't have to be too obvious.

#

First try to win the Concacaf Champions league again to compare to europe, the last time a mls team won one was on 2000. You can't even beat the mexican teams.

It is though. For Japan in 1993 it made them rethink their youth players development system, and overall motivation
You learn much more from your mistakes than from your successes

You have two pro football leagues right now in the USA.

Why not fuse them and start from there, MLS is first division, the other league is second or something like that you can figure it out. Promotion and Relegation are needed

>Says something that people are already actively pursuing
The USL and NASL are both suing to make the MLS do this, but they keep fucking each other over by arguing over who should be league 2, and who should be league 3.

20 teams in MLS
20 in B
20 in C
20 in D if there's enough

USL and NASL need to hold a special tournament for a year, the first 15 of each league make division 2, the rest make division 3 and 4 depending on their positions.

Make those 30 compete for a year, 2 go up to MLS while 11 descend to C and 3 from MLS go down to B.

Keep going until the number for each division is 20, or maybe 25 who knows maybe they want more you get what the idea is. It's quite simple the argentinian league is currently weeding out teams until they reach 20 or something like that too.

You need to give each time at least 2 years to prepare themselves but then it's all out, if you suck you will go to C or D, nobody's fault but your own

i like pro/rel, but I have yet to see a single coherent argument about how it would improve talent development.

Regulation is such a fucking meme, it does aproximately jack shit. The reason MLS is shit is lack of money (nobody likes soccer) salary cap rooting from said lack of money, and low prestige. These combine to make actual good talent not want to play here, so quality of play is low.

>we have made it so that it is no longer possible for American audiences to watch us fuck around in the Group Stage and lose, only to shrug their shoulders and say "Well, at least we're mediocre."
2002: 2nd place in a group with cheating Korea, Portugal and Poland;
2006: eliminated in a group with Italy, Ghana (which were better than they are now) and Czech Republic (which were far better than they are now);
2010: 1st in England's group (EASY);
2014: 2nd in a group with Germany, Portugal and Ghana.

As a South Carolinian whose favorite team is the Charleston Battery, I would love to see a relegation/promotion system, but there are other problems (mostly $$$) that will impede that from happening.

I don't remember 2002 or 2006, and I wasn't interested in soccer yet in 2010, but I will say that the US absolutely did not deserve to leave the group stage in 2014 and it was only by luck that they did.

>You need a relegation sistem with a 1st 2nd and etc leages.

That's impossible in America

Why do you care about soccer? I mean you live in America, you have so much better sports here.

>2002: 2nd place in a group with cheating Korea, Portugal and Poland;
Meme cup
Portugal were a mess, Poland were literally whos. In the round of 16, USA got famliar opponents in Mexico, and beat them.

>2006: eliminated in a group with Italy, Ghana (which were better than they are now) and Czech Republic (which were far better than they are now);
They should have been more competitive, they could have beaten Ghana and lost to them.

2010 gave them a meme group. Looked hard for them on paper, but England was full of frauds as it turned out, and Slovenia wasn't a big team by any means.

This. Portugal choked hard against Germany and paid for it. Paulo Bento was a mistake. He followed up this performance by losing to Albania in a UEFA Euro qualifying match.

The same reason I care about every other sport I like. It's fun, and I enjoy watching it and playing it.

So it's exactly as I expected them. American soccer has got to stop feeling complacent in their mediocrity for anything to change.

>expecting a spainard to know the economics of a relegation system

>The reason MLS is shit is lack of money (nobody likes soccer) salary cap rooting from said lack of money, and low prestige. These combine to make actual good talent not want to play here, so quality of play is low.
This is the only comprehensive and accurate answer to why US soccer is shit right now. Not many people really care about this sport in the USA, and that lack of soccer culture is manifested in the lack of money, which leads to salary capping and consequently a lack of a good talent pool in our domestic league.
We played our B/C team with fucking babbies playing in Yurop like McKennie along with players based in europe that were rarely ever called up like fucking Lichaj (who should've been our LB all along this WC qualifying campaign instead of beanerfana) against Portugal's B/C team and we played with actual confidence and quality on the ball instead of hoof it to pulisic and see what happens