Now that the dust has settled, who was the real, REAL, main character, and why was it Ross?

Now that the dust has settled, who was the real, REAL, main character, and why was it Ross?

18+
Pheobe has always been the cancer

>why was it Ross?

Because his development both as a character and in terms of his relationship with Rachel were consistently centralized within the series' overall plot, in a way that none of the other Friends were.

But more importantly, why didn't he just eat them?

I never found Pheobe attractive and dont know how anyone does.

Pheobe was super fucking hot for the first two seasons, but went downhill sanic speed after that

Saw her as a guest on Cougar Town and she looked way shit compared to Monica.

Ross was always the main character, wasn't he? The show always seems to emphasise and flesh out his character above all others.

I thought Rachel was the """"""main""""" character

/ourguy/

Right, what is everyone's views on this show? I didn't expect to see a FRIENDS thread and I've been watching this in small batches out of obligation. I'm on season 3 and so far the only characters I like are Chandler and Joey. Rachel has the personality of a chalk-board to me, Monica seems too try-hard when it comes to being quirky, Ross seems to be a bit of a dense ass-hat and Phoebe just seems to be "lol so random" the character. This sort of humour isn't too up my alley and I'll admit that the bromance is what's getting me through it. With that being said Courtney Cox was really attractive, don't get why people are saying Phoebe is though to each their own I suppose.

I got that reference.

I know it's a comedy sitcom, but the humor is mostly a miss for me than a hit. Chandler is my favorite character. His sarcasm was great usually. Monica was funny with her being obsessed with cleaning and the fat jokes. When she got with chandler the humor got even more better. Always wanted a spin off show with them. Rachel had her funny moments too, but she is also whiny and i didn't like the whole rachel and ross on and off for so long. Ross overreacting to things was great. Joey and phoebe were my least favorite. Their humor was trash. I think the humor with this show is too stale and it got worse as the seasons went on.

Pheebs is an acquired taste for true patricians. Everyone likes Rachel/Monica at first but watch enough episodes and you'll realize Phoebe is sexually the freakiest. Plus she's a masseuse and has a twin. She'd definitely be the best fuck out of the three.

Watch Romy and Michele's High School Reunion and get woke to Goddess Kudrow.

this is now a phoebe thread

>none of the other Friends were
>none
>not one

none of the other Friends was*

no thread will ever be a phoebe thread

Phoebe was GOAT in the beginning, especially when she still had the curls in her hair. Was easily more attractive than Cox and Aniston at that point.
Then she straigtened her hair and Cox became the hot one

it was all about monica. it's monica's flat, monica has a brother and a close friend, and it's monica who marries. joey and phoebe were the sideshow bobs. chandler was kinda written out when he became monica's property.

you're in need of an upgrade, my friend

Ursula is best Pheobe.

>implying Rachel in seasons 2 and 3 isn't 10/10 wife material looks wise

yes, that was the point. Rachel is hideous from start to finish. At least from the neck up.

Monica is the logical middle-ground; sexy face, sexy body, OCD personality.
>Won't cheat on you
>Does freaky shit
>Thinks logically
but
>Likes things "clean"

drawbacks, but best option.

Joey would eat other Friends first, despite being smaller than Ross he was the strongest Friend

LRRR should had noticed that

>characters
Chandler > Joey > Ross > Monica > Rachel > Phoebe

>hotness
Monica > Rachel > Phoebe

You could argue that Rachel was the true main character, the show starts and ends revolving around her, and there is a long portion in the middle where ross is irrelevant. In fact I would say the Chandler and Monic story arc made them the main characters in the middle seasons. It was only rachel (or ross depending on who you are arguing) as main at the start and end. Also everything mostly takes place at Monica's apartment.

Ross and Rachel were the main characters and they had to turn down raises so that they didn't make more money then rest of the cast.

But chandler and monica carried the middle portion? And it clearly revolved around them

>he was the strongest friend
More importantly, the hungriest friend.

Ross was the writers self insert to begin with, then when the show took off, they decided they hated Ross because he reminded them too much of their selves. So they started self inserting as cool, sweet heart meathead Joey or slick, witty Chandler.

In the end, everyone still wanted Ross and Rachel to get back together, so for some weird reason after shitting all over Ross's character, and trying ti ship Joey and Rachel, they put him and Rachel back together, even though there was no reason for it.

Rachel is probably the main character though. She's the only one whos' character develops in a good, natural way. Everyone else gets weird, forced development or just kinda becomes caricatures of their original selves.

>tfw prime Phoebe will never rack your balls

>and why was it Ross?
wasn't the show created by couple of Jews?

english being my second language i only know the name "phoebe" from friends and it always struck me as the weirdest name

"fee bee"

why would anyone call their child fee bee

I only thought about Pheobe as attractive when imagining her getting fucked by her retarded half-brother.

>That season when Ross became a ww2 drill instructor