Getting in the film industry

Is there even a point in trying to get in the film industry when YouTube exists and provides an easier shortcut to getting fame and getting your foot in the door?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gogglebox
youtube.com/channel/UChtX4yHjUzlROxoR8Xa7wJQ
youtu.be/b1msY-2PzKo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No there isn't. That is the old way and doesn't work anymore.

Youtube and film industry are completely different things.

Why is Sup Forums so fucking embarrassing lads

Sure, if what you're planning to make is low-effort garbage that leeches off the relevancy of other properties and exploiting site algorithms to maximise viewership/revenue.

Even if you made objectively the greatest film of all time and uploaded it to YouTube, you'd be lucky if you got even a four-figure viewership. That stuff just isn't what the site is for at this point.

Not true at all, if you can offer something unique to the movie/tv industry, you will make it much farther than youtube. Youtube could also fall off the map fast but movies and tv will also be there

Literally nobody on youtube has had a real movie career. The biggest thing to happen is those shitty youtube red movies where all the "stars" are just other youtube personalities. The most notable example I can think of is Grace Helbig who tried this and she failed hard.

If you're using it for film then it can but you'll be struggling. It's a full proof plan for music since anybody who shits out music will make it in the music industry

Corridor Digital and Rocket Jump are pretty top tier film based channels and have got recognition from actual producers but cause of their niche they are not likely to get big in Hollywood.

If you're just wanting success then yeah YouTube might be a easier solution BUT it has yet to show a shortcut path to Hollywood and film

Fred tried and failed
Shane Dawson is still a nobody
Toby Turner had some success but fell due to those allegations

You'd have to be truly unique cause Hollywood doesn't have a shortage of those people.

YouTube isn't going anywhere.

Why waste your time trying to make it in Hollywood when you can have a career on YouTube now?

YouTube is owned by Google. It's not failing ever.

Wish I knew

Youtube isn't as hype as it was 5 years ago

It's literally just used by kids now

Google has flopped many things, just because its owned by Google doesnt mean that it will be there forever

Not saying it is but there is a possibility that people could just give up on it completely. Especially the way they are censoring everyone

Fucking this

I don't care for that lifestyle but shit you probably can make more money on YouTube and be famous that way then working years just to be a camera assistant making small dough

True but there is always another Steven Spielberg around the corner waiting to make a break

Even if it goes away, something similar will come along to replace it.

Most likely but it probably wont ever beat out traditional movies or tv

Still better than neo/a/

this is the future of television

Exactly. And if Hollywood likes what they see, they'll come to you.

YouTube is already more popular than movies and TV.

Id kms

I don't think it works that way. Has there been anyone that made a successful transition from YT to the film industry? I'm going to guess no but I could be wrong.

Correct. People born in the 2000's will increasingly only watch things when it's purely a social event.

Is chuggaaconroy kino?

Amoung very young audiences,yes because they dont see anything but shitty jokes and terrible quality which hits a sweet spot when you have the brain capacity of a 5 year old. The majority of people will pay for netflix, hulu and things like that to see high budget good films and tv series. Could you imagine how terrible a youtube version of something like Walking Dead or something would be. Youtube is cheap entertainment and will never be as popular as traditional movies/tv.

Fred was pretty close.

>future
Bongs are already doing just that and have been for a while save for the comments part
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gogglebox

I can't imagine The Walking Dead bei g any worse than it already is.

Fred dude got three movies and had two shows so he's the closest who almost broke out but failed.

I think most YouTubers actually have a chance to break out but chose not to due to the risk of becoming irrelevant and losing out on stable income

What's the point in breaking out when more people watch your YouTube channel than prime time TV?

youtube.com/channel/UChtX4yHjUzlROxoR8Xa7wJQ
help a nigga make it in the youtube industry senpai

If you did a quick google search on youtube demographics, you would see that the site is popular with pretty much every demographic below 60 years old.

Exactly. Plus you'll end up making more than most of the top stars in television and along with sponsorships included

yes. been watching that autistic comfy nigga since 2008.

Can Jenny make it through to Sup Forums?

I'm curious if there are any YouTubers right now that go on Sup Forums

Please help it get renewed for a second season.

youtu.be/b1msY-2PzKo

you would have to be literally retarded if you think there are literally zero youtubers that lurk

JonTron is in a massive pile of shit right now for doing the very thing.

If you start out in YouTube you'll just be known as a YouTuber.

Justin Bieber started on YouTube and isn't known as a YouTuber

Who cares?

What happened to him

Yeah, just like there was still a point in trying to get into the film industry when television existed. Different mediums, different styles.

well me makes 1. so they do

I'm not seeing the connection. No one has become a major Hollywood director or screenwriter through YouTube. It's totally different types of content.

Really? At least he's sticking up for himself

YouTube doesn't censor people. You're thinking of Twitter where they ban anyone who's "alt-right" or "politically incorrect", those same people thrive on YouTube.

They demonetize videos they don't like.

Donald Glover is the only answer

The guy made it all the way through

No

He used to be a YouTuber?

Moo

name all the youtubers who make anything noteworthy in a movie/tvshow sense?

99,9% is stuck on youtube and won't change medium