Why do Americans go out of their way to defend automatic cars?

Why do Americans go out of their way to defend automatic cars?

Are they just extremely insecure?

It seems like they need to justify themselves and make others believe that automatic is the "right" and better way to drive.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fNDap8YCc7A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>implying it's not more insecure to believe operating a machine that has manual gears makes you more male than other men

back when automatics came out everyone wanted one

it wasn't until underage millennial tryhards with their lumbersexual fashion started acting like having a piece of shit manual was some kind of man card

it's literally ALL they have as "men"

so enjoy your cheap ass manual shitbox

It's just the economics of the situation
fuel is cheaper over here and the extra cost of buying an expensive automatic doesn't mean as much as in europe

also
>female transmission

Americans don't really make this argument. They just prefer an automatic because it's easier and sitting in traffic and riding the clutch is irritating.

In my opinion, manuals are best for hobbyist vehicles like muscle and sports vehicles and autos are best for commuter boxes.

What's wrong with automatic cars?

You don't control how much air comes through your nose by pressing your nostrils while feeling superior, do you?

Because it's easier in commuter traffic. And a modern auto is better if every conceivable way to a manual.

Also please explain how you could make a manual cvt?

I bet if you include the price of replacing your clutch an auto won't be that much different

fuck driving a manual in stop-and-go traffic.

>own three vehicles
>2 of them are manual

What the fuck are talking about? Manual is easier and cheaper to work on.

BAN ALL ASSAULT VEHICLES

automatic cars? only for women, automatic cars are absolutely degenerate

Automatics are shit. Newer ones are less shit, but they are still shit.

Who do Yuropeons go out of their way to defend real guns being banned?

I fucking hate driving, I've always been shit at it, but I've got to say that the automatic I rented in Cnada last year was such a pleasure to drive.

>knows shit about the cost of replacing clutch vs rebuilding automatic transmission

Yes because you would prefer to hold on to a phallic object while driving, how long are you going to stay in the closet for?

>ireland
>inventing or designing a car, ever

WEW
E
W

Shut up and keep making whiskey.

Faggot.

You sound like you have a huge chip on your shoulder about your masculinity dude.

manuals are shit here if you don't give a fuck about racing other cunts or wanting to be 2fast2furious4u. Traffic here is fucking horrible (especially in Auckland) and the terrain is way too fucking hilly.

If you purely just want to get to A to B a manual is a pain in the ass cause in Auckland you're going to be stuck on start-stop for your entire commute and on steep as fuck hills

It used to be a sign of luxury to buy an expensive automatic.
>tfw drove a powerglide once and I'm not so sure about the power but it sure did glide
>never knew what gear it was other than hum and go
>brakes not so much

And so then it was a tool of the Jews, just like selling cracks to blacks, to subjugate the lazy population on the latest gizmos and gadgets.

We need one hand for the steering wheel and the other hand for burgers and Big Gulp.

>mfw europeans literally too poor and too cucked by environmental regulations to afford automatics

Why do euros always try to spin this as a bad thing? Auto is safer and more convenient, the only downsides are the higher complexity/cost and the small amount of loss and decrease in fuel economy.

>he doesnt have a car with both

Tiptronic is a thing, eh

>autism
>notice flags of posters
>kek

Manual makes driving more enjoyable but automatic is much more convenient in stop-start city traffic.

That sounds ideal for manual. The springs in mine for locating the lever went out the other month so now it's like searching around for gears in a tractor. It's so much more fun then ever before.

Every excuse is best excuse to find the next gear.

It's either a car autist, redneck, or guy that thinks he's more of a man for driving a manual. That's the only people that give a shit

>current year
>not knowing about drive through restaurants
>not knowing about drive in theaters
>not knowing Americans invented cars large enough to fuck in
Hey potato, there are more things to do in a car than stroke off the stick.

Tiptronic isn't manual

I wouldn't say it's a matter of right and wrong. If you live in the city, it's a hassle to use a manual. The car I just purchased a month ago is an automatic, and it feels weird not having to shift when I'm by my house in the suburbs. But when I'm in the city, I don't miss my stick in the least.

Why do dumb European drivers think the US is one big highway?

>tfw driving mom's automatic and you stop down on the brake pedal out of habit because you thought it would be the clutch

Can can change gear as you wish, aint that manual?

>Having a transmission in your car in the first place.

This, I hate driving manual in traffic. Automatic is for commuting and manual is for fun. But those are just my hot opinions man.

We drive LUXURY cars that shift themselves.

youtube.com/watch?v=fNDap8YCc7A

>"I drive manual, but you can barely even tell with how I shift :^)"
This is my favorite meme. Always jerking around. I understand how manual can be better for some things, but they are fucking delusional if they believe they can make it have as smooth of a ride as automatic.

Circumcised dick, circumcised car...

>Denying efficiency and subjecting yourself to more work in order to boast about how cool you are

Nobody's going to give a shit if you're manually shifting your grocery getter. Manual drivers are the equivalent of vegans in the sense that they have to let everyone know how talented and brilliant they are for doing something so simple.

>driving manual in a congested city

No, thanks.

>Europeans too stupid to manufacture an automatic transmission

How's it feel, living in Africa 2.0?

unless you're buying literal bargain basement cars like corollas or rios, not only will automatics be the base (cheaper) option, but a manual probably wont even be an option

automatics last pretty long, at least as long as the engine itself (before needing a rebuild) unless they were shittily designed from the getgo, with no problems outside minor electrical parts replacement

clutches can reliably reach 100+k unless you live in seattle or some other hilly stop and go nightmare, so its only going to need 1-2 replacements in the average lifespan of the car ownership

the cost difference is negligible, just buy what you want. if you think manuals are some sort of man card thing you're a fucking moron though, because even the dumbest of teenage girls can learn to drive a manual after a few evenings in a parking lot

You can simulate gear shifts in a CVT transmission but that doesnt qualify it as a manual transmission.

This is why you will never have our gun laws.

Congestion driving is how you learn to play a standard transmission like you're jimmi hendrix.

I did that years ago myself, user. You're not alone.

If you're spinning that crank, you're a faggot.

I am an American and drive a manual. It isn't riced out either. I hate automatics and would never own one. Best part is nobody wants to borrow my car, worst part is people want me to teach them to drive stick.

I do hate my manual in stop and go traffic as well as when people get on my ass at a red light on a hill though.

>not pushing the left foot in
>not pushing the right foot in
>not pulling the ledt foot out
>not sliding all about

How am I supposed to catch pokemon AND drive if I have to manually select gears and work a clutch when I'm stopped?

Seems needlessly dangerous familia.

automatics are for lazy fucks.

There would be far less car accidents with a majority standard.

>people borrowing cars
What kind of shit underclass neighborhood do you live in where this happens?

Most Americans have never drove one, as automatics are predominantly sold here. Lack of knowledge of them intimidates non-manual drivers and they think it's some complicated dangerous thing. That said, there are still plenty that prefer it.

hurrr using the address book function to call someone is for cucks, i always dial the whole number manually durr im a real man

>More expensive
>Shorter life
>More complex
>Extremely expensive to fix
>Only modern ones have 4+ gears
>Only modern ones have a chance at getting better EMM PEE GEES
>Can't bump start
>Must rely on "sport mode" to have fun

Why would I want an automatic, exactly?

>contribution is purely attention-seeking and totally devoid of value
>notice flag
>entirely unsurprised.

Yeah just keep patting yourselves on the back. You're not fiddling while Rome burns at all.

>his phone has an address book function

>How's it feel, living in Africa 2.0?
Well on average America has more niggers compared to the majority of African states.
You should be more than qualified.

What are you talking about? I've literally never heard this before in my life.

This guy gets it. Always fun to play Group B on old private roads.

That's just incompetence dude.

Black people can't steal manuals just sayin

>learn to play a standard transmission like you're jimmi hendrix.
Is operating a shifter seen as such a difficult skill to learn it actually gives you bragging rights in Burgerland?
I don't want to step on and off the clutch for hours every day in slow traffic. You can keep your bragging rights tbqh.

*clap* *clap* *clap*
Look at this expert manual gear operator
*clap* *clap* *clap*

Hope you're happy now. Sorry you had no strong father figure in your household senpai.

I only had manual cars so far. I like to be able to set the RPM range I'm driving in. If you're used to driving manual it isn't complicated and doesn't require concentration.

A men must know how a car works, If you only can think in a phallic object you're gay.
degenerate millenials men, you are fucking cuck muuhh I don't know anything about how cars works can anybody call a real man?

Because I own a motorcycle and a muscle car. I don't need to go fast in my fucking corolla.

automatics have largely had 4+ gears for literally like 30 years

but since you probably couldnt afford anything but a 1978 civic, that's probably modern to you

So you can finger fuck your girlfriend whilst you drive fucktard.

>Is operating a shifter seen as such a difficult skill to learn

Yes. It's sad.

Good way to prevent others from wanting to borrow your car.

It is also the best anti-theft device on older cars.

Lol I love these, they're so goddamn expensive though. Literally the same mechanically as my 2013 F150 xlt for 25k more to subtract the bed and add 2-3 seats.

I've driven a number of cars made in the late 90s that still had 3 speed autoboxes.

They were absolute shit.

The clutch in my BMW is the one it came with (20 years ago). If you know how to clutch it won't wear that fast.

It is, unfortunately.

But my sister's highschool boyfriend taught me how to work it out in basically one trip around the the neighborhood. After that, I could do it better than my dad. And my boss with the sports car was just embarrassing, and he was embarrassed as well because we were both getting slapped around every time he tried to use the clutch.

Middle-class white. Sometimes a GF or friend has their car in the shop and wants to borrow my car and I just take my motorcycle.

What about these?

Funny how automatic transmission never caught on in France even though that's where it was invented.

tru but automatic rifles caught on pretty good amirite?

It's funny, I constantly see faggot europeans like you OP going after Americans and automatics, but the only time I see Americans start defending them is once some prissy eurofag starts a "muh manual is superior" thread.

You don't like autos? You're a faggot for driving a car with power steering and abs.

>He can't pump the brakes on his own
>He needs help turning the wheel

WHY AREN'T YOU A REAL MAN YOU TATER MUNCHING CUNT?

Standards get tiresome I drove an 03 civic standard for 8 years until I finally got sick of it and bought a 92 cutlass wagon. Way easier to eat, smoke, text while driving

ONE POST BY THIS ID
SAGE
HIDE

>You're a faggot for driving a car with power steering and abs

>Implying my car has either

I like to have fun m80

This...
>be me in California.
>1st
>2nd
>3rd
>2nd
>3rd
>1st
>2nd
>1st
>2nd
>1st
>2nd
>3rd
>1st
>2nd
>1st
>2nd
>1mile
Fuck that nonsense. Too exhausting.

dude eating with a standard is all the fun, especially if it's all broken and you have to manualy knock the turn signal back off and run all the dials and knobs and the dashboard while your juggling your food and tossing gears around.

You're just a lulzkiller that's all

It's easier desu

Sorry if you can't handle our advanced technology Ireland, now piss off to your shitty little potato fields and stop taking our jobs.

And I bet it's tiny as fuck too. It stops being fun when it's a loaded pickup and the fucking hose has blown out on you on a trip back home.

My first car was a shitty little colt with no power steering and abs, and that little turd was a blast even with 90hp.

The Ram in my backyard? Less so.

I'm a control freak so I prefer stick and I also drive a lifted SUV. Stick is much better offroad than auto except for say a desert runner
I absolutely hate when an auto upshifts on a hill at lower RPM's

you are insecure.

The belt snapped on mom's van once when she was trying to go low speed around the corner and all of a sudden I thought I was watching Olympic wrestling. Funny as fuck.

>Stops being fun when it's a loaded pickup and the fucking hose has blown out on you on a trip back home.

Yep, fuck that. It's a small two door funcar from the late 70s-mid 80s that I swapped with a more modern 2.0T engine.

If you can't do all that while driving stick, you suck at driving stick.

Be better.

Autos are empirically less safe, esp. with careless idiots in parking lots

It's easier you mong. Fucking reading comprehension.

I wouldn't buy an auto car personally except for some of the high end twin clutch ones.

For some reason auto's caught on in the US and for most people it makes their daily commute easier so I won't fault them for it. I just anyone with an automatic doesn't like cars and is probably a huge fag.

Disgusting to see how many faggots prefers automatic cars, fucking beta males... don't talk to me o my wife's son ever again

I don't drive a manual, I don't change my own flat tires, and I don't change the oil myself.
Why? Because I'm fucking lazy. I can buy and automatic car, I can call roadside assistance, and I can afford $45 to have someone change my oil. Why do shit if you don't have to?

>92 cutlass wagon
Sup Forums never ceases to surprise the fuck out of me.

I'm drunk and I'll comprehend what the fuck I want darling.

I'm sorry. WHY DID SHE LEAVE ME?!

Automatic is easier. I wouldn`t say it`s better. Probably some routine mental work can help against autism.