This is actual, unironic kino. Holy fuck

This is actual, unironic kino. Holy fuck.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N4EscsCBMkE
youtube.com/watch?v=HGYbaPETGSc
youtube.com/watch?v=72a7F1SF8Vk
youtube.com/watch?v=uirF6FDKxSU
youtube.com/watch?v=rG4o5SUHlic
youtube.com/watch?v=MSfe39VDL6E
youtube.com/watch?v=DeMegDeYvgc
youtube.com/watch?v=Jq7fe9ljdBw
youtube.com/watch?v=D4xDlPMxv9M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

kino -20 minutes

of course. Would't expect any less from Anno

where the fuck is the blu ray?

yep, i feel sorry for you if you didnt catch this in theaters

This. When is it even releasing on Web-DL or something watchable without 20 minutes cut?

>bring friends to theater to watch shinzilla
>friends loved US zilla
>thought i'd show them this
>"wtf? they made another one? why does he look so weird"
>shhhh just watch
>get stares from them cause it's subbed
>atomic breath scene
>pic related
later on we laughed about some of the scenes and how weird babyzilla looked

the atomic breath scene is one of the greatest in monster movie history. that scene and the entire lead-up to it was terrifying

Blu ray out around Summer would be my guess

I really want to see it but I don't think there's been a good rip yet.

what's this about 20 minutes?

Saw it in theaters with my brother, was awesome. Whole opening beaurocrat sequence was fucking great too, had me in stitches.

>most of the audience didn't understand the comedy
Feels bad, man.

The only torrent of the movie available as of now has a full 20 minutes cut from it. That said, it's still incredibly fucking amazing.

No WEB-DL. Japanese bluray comes out in a week.

the only rip available at the moment is 90 minutes long instead of the original 120.

Most of them were probably too busy reading the subtitles. This is honestly an issue with people who aren't used to it or don't watch foreign movies. Especially this one, with the dialogue subs, the names and titles, and the locations all moving around the screen.

>incomplete rip
>i still didn't notice
the complete cut must be the greatest fucking movie ever made then

What's the 'kino' equivalent for music?
youtube.com/watch?v=N4EscsCBMkE
youtube.com/watch?v=HGYbaPETGSc
youtube.com/watch?v=72a7F1SF8Vk
youtube.com/watch?v=uirF6FDKxSU

amazon.jp says march 22nd

Some are little things (ex: the new Prime Minister receives a bowl of ramen, and then complains about the noodles being too soggy, thus in one stroke telling the audience how incompetent and apathetic he is) to more important ones. I'm pretty sure they cut the scene where the bureaucrats analyze the law forbidding military action, which is a huge part of the plot (especially if foreigners don't know that Japan hasn't used SDF in any active operations in its history). Its also one of my favourite shot (and typical Anno) because the actors hold the camera as if its a paper and the law itself is "on the lense" but reversed. Its hard to explain. There's another shot later in the film (thats kept in the incomplete rip) where the scientists are looking at a laptop screen showing how Godzilla evolves and the evolution model is on the lense as well (obviously cgi but you get the idea), and the scientists are carrying the laptop around. Classic Anno, he does it a lot in Eva

Shiro Sagisu is a god, no one makes more epic music imo

youtube.com/watch?v=MSfe39VDL6E
youtube.com/watch?v=DeMegDeYvgc

>Watch it in teathers
>Its about 60 minutes of boring meetings
>10 minutes of Godzilla
>5minutes of Godzilla doing something awesome.

5/10, would watch and edit with only Godzilla stuff on it but never the entire thing again.

The new music was awesome (and what they pulled from NGE) but using the old godzilla theme didn't feel right somehow.

They should've used something that paid homage to it but was its own thing. Same with Godzillas roar.

>being a burger
>missing the entire point of a film

It's also missing my favorite scene where they assemble the conference room.

>We are pariahs, acedemical heretics and failures, that's why I assembled you

Honestly, Anno is too autistic to NOT use the original music. He's such a fan-boy, to the degree that he won't even redo the original's music. He just throws it in even though it sounds awful in the age of 5.1 sound. Its noticeable in the first transformation scene. Same goes for the explosions and tank shots. Its one thing to make a homage, its another thing if its distracting

'no'

>Anybody that doesnt enjoy the movie doesnt not get the point of it.
Its boring user, get off your high horse.

Go back to Sup Forumsmblr and await the release of Legendary's next monster capeshit

oh fuck, I just realized that that shot could be a reference to Goji's first appearance in the 54' film

full torrent fucking WHEN
fuck hideaki anno cunt shit piss where's my 3.0+1.0

wow anin u r vry observand gold star :))

dude don't make fun of me, I'm depressed enough as it is

>Anybody that doesnt like the movies i like is a Sup Forumsmblr poster!
Underage & b kids need to be slapped so hard.

>they have a meeting to decide whether they'll have a meeting and then that meeting turns into a different meeting
Is the Japanese government really like this?

>Boring meetings
The meeting were anything but boring.
>That fucking fast paced editing and crazy shots
>That fucking fast talking

see
we will also need to wait a bit to get proper subtitles, because the current rip fucks them up big time

You're a complete moron.

Mfw I meet idiots who think 2014 Godzilla was a superior film...

I didn't even realise that this was the original godzilla music until I went and watched the original godzilla a week later

Its meant to be satirical, so it must be sensationalized to a certain degree. But the slow bureaucracy in the Japanese government was also a massive liability during during the tsunami and Fukushima disaster. So it retains a degree of truth

Shin creeps me the fuck out.

Also who the fuck would go work near his frozen body? Imagine being in a fucking office building near his head and having to see that fucked up eldritch abomination every day out the window with it's fucking eyes.

Then one day the eye is looking straight back at you.

So what should the inevitable sequel be like?

>not wanting to work next to Godzilla
Pussy nigger

It won't have Anno so it won't be good

Because there hasn't been a good Godzilla film before this?

Thai foreign workers will do anything for $5 and some curry

Well if it's a continuation of Shin Godzilla (assuming they're actually gonna pursue a continuity) I'd say Anno is a necessary component unless Higuchi can really carry the weight all by himself.

I think it would be interesting if the coagulant keeps Shin in his current form for a few films. Then once Anno finishes his Eva film he could come back and create a true sequel with all the final form zaniness that this film promised.

There shouldn't be. The film had a nice thematic conclusion. I like cryptic endings too.

My whole theater laughed during this scene

The bureaucracy shit did feel like it dragged on a lil, other than that it was a pretty good film, way better than the recent American one.

fifth form Shin Godzilla is the perfect avenue for a sequel that avoids both reusing Godzilla alone again as well as monster wrestling (which personally I do not feel is appropriate for the tone of this new real world setting)

so basically, have the 40 meter demon Godzillamen for the whole movie as the principle threat but then either have the 'main body' Godzilla awaken for some reason, or be even more ballsy and don't have him at all

No sequel. With Universal doing its own godzilla vs kong universe and Anno working on Rebuild Toho will go the traditional route and make a giant monster fight movie.

Godzilla hasn't been about Japan's nuclear anxiety for decades and Anno just took advantage of Fukushima to express the same disdain for the Japanese gov that he did in Evangelion

>took advantage of a national disaster

Its called "making a timely and relevant film." And theres things that weren't found in the original, like the threat and pressure from the American military.

I could imagine a great scene where the Fifth form starts walking towards the stone main body. Everyone is freaking out over how the main body might reawaken, only for the fifth form to smash it to pieces.

Why would it not?

Because he said he's not going to do another one.

Really? Fucking Anno. Guess we won't ever see the insane designs he'd come up with for other stuff.

when are those herbivore radioactive dickless slit eyed island monkeys going to release the fucking Blu-Ray of this?
That shit came out like last summer and there is still no hd version of this kino available.

I'm gay

if you'd just read the thread you'd know its being released in 8 days

it really isn't. it's anime garbage in live action form. literally not an ounce of originality. just evashit but with godzilla instead

WHERE IS THE BLU RAY RELEASE

What's the matter? Too deep for you?

fuck your friends and their shit taste. my girlfriend hated it too. she would have loved it if iron man was flying around spittin mad quips every 10 minutes. oh and more explosions.

how mad are you that anno is better than any living american director?

sometimes the best bait is the simplest.

This. Everything the man touches turns to gold.

Couldn't stand the "american" japanese 20 year old girl who had a direct line to the president. Couldn't stand any foreign characters really. Seems like they just got some cunts off craigslist.

Also the CGI was really fucking terrible.

I liked it enough though. I did watch it on a plane.

Shin Godzilla is a great movie, but that's one of the most retarded statements I've read on Sup Forums in a while. Get the fuck out of here with that weeaboo fanboy shit.

Thanks. I'm not autistic enough to read through a whole thread what a bunch of shit breathers have to say.

Why? Shit was weird and creepy with the music playing and him accidentally killing people

The Biology girl was qt

the CGI was a mixed bag, some shots of the early Godzilla form looked pretty rough, but stuff like the tanks looked pretty seamless to me

youtube.com/watch?v=Jq7fe9ljdBw

Blu ray out March 22nd

my read on that monster design is to insinuate how some disasters appear benign at first, and thus aren't taken too seriously. One might think that the seawalls at the Fukushima plant were high enough, and that even if it wasn't then there were (old) back-up systems to solve the nuclear meltdown. But since they didn't take the situation seriously, it continued to spiral out of control. At least I imagine this is what Anno was thinking. Maybe there was no intention and that he wanted it to look as absurd and odd as possible

threadly reminder that she is 38 years old yet looks half her age

The Godzilla parts are good but most of the film is just Japanese bureaucrats talking in board rooms

And before you say that's what happens in every Godzilla film go watch Godzilla 2000

eh, she could pass for 35 at first glance

asian women look like they're all 25 until they hit 50. Then they all look 100.

CGI ranged from syfy tier to absolutely brilliant tier(Thank you Toho for rushing Anno). Did not like the Japanese American with the Japanese accent either. Film is still 8.5/10. Original take on Godzilla, other Japanese actors were great, cinematography=kino, music was great.

I'd say your take is correct and to add to the fact that shin was an aquatic animal that originated from the ocean floor and it would make sense for him to look like that.

>originated from the sea floor

Actually, can we talk about this? Its implied that the micro-organism that makes up Shin was from nuclear waste dumped into the ocean, and that this might have infected sea creatures (?). But I'm confused over the beginning of the movie: the scientist is on the boat, then goes missing and very shortly afterwards a giant explosion occurs (with steam) and 1st form Gojira appears. My head canon is that the scientist somehow infected/ingested the original "Godzilla" organism and made himself the host. He might have gotten the organism from a fish sample, hence why Shin takes an aquatic form first (namely an eel). But he soon evolves into a bipedal form, which might be where the scientist's own biology comes into play. This is all theory though. But the idea that the scientist intentionally turned himself into a monster to have his revenge is really cool (and further underlines the theme that humans are far more monstrous than Gojira).

>tfw I missed one of the few legit screenings of this in the US because of bullshit reasons

Goro Maki almost certainly committed suicide and sacrificed himself to Godzilla. Also there's actually a short essay by him (in English) in the Shin Godzilla art book that seems to contradict the movie a bit by saying the nuclear barrels were shredded and bitten into which would suggest Godzilla was in fact a pre-existing large lifeform living down there and descended from the dinosaurs.

oh fuck, I didn't know that, thanks. So its even more like the 1954 film than I imagined. Its just what I expected from the master

Maybe he created some sort of growing agent that when consumed would cause Godzilla to grow. Of course he would have let himself get eaten to deliver it.

Congratulations user

That's cool. Is there any more?

I really thought the first two forms of Godzilla were way better than the third (main) one. It was nice to see it moving like an actual creature, and it was freaky as fuck.
Then it turned into the big stiff T-Rex with a waggling tail.

I thought it fit well. It was really out of place and anachrostic, but it only enhanced the bizarre and unsettling spectacle unfolding on screen.

it almost seems like most of this is filler, like if it were a prop in the movie that the scientists would find and look at the parts pertaining to Godzilla. But the rest of it would have to look like a real essay and not gibberish. But I guess it wouldn't really matter since it would be in English and the Japanese might not care

especially in the first transformation scene, its just really unsettling music. Kinda amazing that the 1954 movie had such great music too
youtube.com/watch?v=D4xDlPMxv9M

>In the Permian period during the Mesozoic era

Bro, the Permian was during the Paleozoic, not the Mesozoic.
I know it's not that big of a deal, but my inner paleontology autist won't let this go.

Isn't there an actual real-life sea creature that has the same eyes as the first form Godzilla? I remember seeing something like that.