7-6 (6-2 MAC)
Head Coach: Terry Bowden

vs

Florida Atlantic Owls
10-3 (8-0 C-USA)
Head Coach: Lane Kiffin

BOWL GAME #6 OF 41

GET IN HERE.

anybody else having a problem with 4chanx crashing when scrolling to the bottom of the page?

OFFICIAL SIM PREDICTION

>bowl game
>not a neutral site

no, but i've been having crazy captcha trouble for like two weeks.

it used to be that way, but then everyone started giving certain teams "home" games, and then everything went to shit.

Zips

Terry Bowden!!!!

The Zips name comes from "zippers", rubber overshoes made by the BF Goodrich Company of Akron that were popular in the 1920s and 1930s. In 1925, a campus-wide contest had been conducted to choose a nickname for the university's athletic teams. Suggestions submitted by students, faculty, and alumni included Golden Blue Devils, Tip Toppers, Rubbernecks, Hillbillies, Kangaroos, and Cheveliers. The winner, freshman Margaret Hamlin, received a prize of $10 for "Zippers".

>Athletic director Kenneth Cochrane officially shortened the nickname to Zips in 1950.

>The university's mascot is "Zippy", a female kangaroo. Zippy is one of only eight female college mascots in the United States

Wtf its at their stadium?

how fucking gay

see

Toledo should be in this game instead

Yes,

UNT and FAU should've switched opponents. FAU vs Troy would've been lit as fuck, and UNT/Akron would've been more evenly matched.

>3rd place MAC team goes to Boca Raton
>MAC runner up goes to the Bahamas

>MAC champion goes to Birmingham Alabama

>yfw da owls win da owlb owl

yeah what is up with that.

C-USA champ should be getting some P5 action, and the Sun Belt champ should've drawn better than fuckin' C-USA #2

Actually Mobile

Boca Raton isn't a very exotic location though

It's probably the best they could get

100% of my familiarity with Boca comes from this bowl, but they at least market it pretty well

>the state of kicking in this game

It's about an hour from Miami
More senior center than spring break

>even kit kat trying to appeal to the nigger community

Jesus Christ the state of commercials is such shit right now it's ridiculous.

Terry Bowden looks like my great aunt

90s Bowden was the best Bowden

lmao stay mad white boi

>not exotic
I dunno, they just ran a lovely ad from the BR Chamber of Commerce telling me what a great place it is to raise kids.

Southern Miss finished like 4th in C-USA West, and is playing Florida State, so stfu

For any casuals watching this game, trick plays are guaranteed at some point.

Lane called two reverse plays in a row against North Texas, scoring a TD on the second.

Bowl are determined by what conferences they are contracted to
C-USA lets the conference champion pick what bowl they want they chose to stay home
But FAUvFSU would have been awesome

That looks like Ted Cruz.

FAU is a fun team
I really hope Kiffin stays for the length of his 10 year contract

A little too soon for that Kiffin

>owltrips

Probably Admin didn't wanna pay for travel? Growing the fanbase or some shit.

It wasn't that long ago that C-USA #1 went to the same bowl every year, C-USA #2 would go to the same bowl, etc.

the norm is the bowls have a pecking order, and whoever is at the top picks the best team most of the time(except for something like Texas to the Texas Bowl)

>mom cant keep her legs together and keeps popping out illegitimate kids
>no legit father in the picture
>one of your children has to raise their siblings because youre a welfare queen

The absolute state of nogs in this fucking country. Such a joke. Can't believe they announce that publicly... How fucking embarassing.

Hahahahahahahaha wtf man

>not targeting
Uhh......

Those announcers just made complete asses of themselves on national TV trying to quick-call that and try and make themselves seem like they have any fucking clue what they're talking about.

That was hilarious.

maybe because the guy made good of the bad situation he was dealt?

Who MACTION here?!

the helmet to helmet contact was clearly accidental
still a late hit tho

yes, excellent observation, friend. such a situation has never (and will never!) befall a white family!

Is this game worth watching for a leaf?

This game hasn't been as memey as a Kiffin vs MACtion would hope to be

I'm not blaming him. Good for the kid. But jesus, that's so embarrassing for them to announce that on TV. I'd be so ashamed of my "parents". Would never want that disclosed.

Look up illegitimacy within the black population and come back and talk to me. Either way though, to have that publicly announced is shameful. I'd be pissed if they just told everyone that my mom is essentially just a breeding ground cumdump for whoever she decides to fuck that day because she legitimately has no idea how to show self-control or be a decent person/parent.

The cheerleader reactions hahahahaha

>dad leaves
>it's mom's fault, the whore

What was your homelife like, user

>for a leaf?
either:
you like football and watch it
or you don't

yeah, wtf, where the damn trick plays at.

No WAY is Akron a better team than North Texas.

>they just told everyone that my mom is essentially just a breeding ground cumdump for whoever she decides to fuck that day
I must have missed that part

>mom literally can't stop fucking or use birth control so now can't support the children she popped out

Jesus Christ dude, how many pathetic enablers are there on this board?

Pay attention, homie.

I always thought the zip was an antelope

yeah, if you're gonna watch a literally who college football team, make it one coached by Lane Kiffin.

>mom literally can't stop fucking or use birth control so now can't support the children she popped out
how do you know the dad wasn't there and then left, is that part of what they were talking about? Im just confused because it seems like people are making assumptions because he had a single mom

>defending parents who can't provide for their children and live within their means

Wew lads, I'm the fuck outta here. Real life is gonna slap y'all in the face hard one day. Enjoy the memes.

>it is the fault of the uneducated or financially needy for being uneducated or financially needy

This doesn't really have anything to do with college football, let's get back to the game.

Also you're racist.

good and stay gone Sup Forums
this is a SPORTS board

So you were just making assumptions about the situation or...?

nah, he just wants to talk shit about problems he perceives to be unique to black people, which is demonstrably false.

don't argue with racists, it's a spiral into madness.

FAU UP 7-3

Akron is just way too slow

Who the fuck thought this would be a good match-up?

no one?

If previous posts ITT are to be believed, Akron did.

Friendly reminder--he's still your President

Friendly reminder--sage goes in all fields

The MAC chooses each matchup
4 teams had a better record in the MAC than Akron
What the fuck was they thinking?

>saging a gamethread

lolol

This expression indicates Sup Forumss confusion and lack of understanding. When confronted with something he can not understand or respond to, Sup Forums mumbles "Muh trump" or "muh trump mufugga. This is usually followed by nonsensical rambling and trump pictures.

>Almost halftime
>14-3

Is the Lane Train late leaving the station?

>still trumpposting in my fucking spee
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SUMMER NEVER ENDS

Those are some........................................

................. Superb Owls.

You're clearly a newfag tho

Don't drop the ball, CUSAbros. We're pulling for y'all.

Love how often Lane goes for it on 4th.

>having a nice gamethread
>some pol autist goes off on a rant bc one the players had a single mom
>trump for some reason
?????????

I have a feeling FSU had something to do with the Independence bowl decision. I'm happy. Southern Miss and Florida State have a ton of history together.

But weird shit happens. When USM beat Houston in 2011, everyone thought we'd take the obvious bowl choice and go play against Penn State in Dallas. But our soon to be fired AD decided to take a Hawaiian vacation instead.

That said, I miss a permanent bowl like the Liberty Bowl being awarded to the conference champion.

NO CATCH

maybe next time you'll ignore the shitposter instead of taking the bait, liberal

>the absolute state of the MAC

They go through coaches like tampons while FAWho just signed Lane Kiffin to a ten-year-contract.

CONFERENCE

ULTIMATELY

SUPER

AWESOME

Kiffin is gone within 2 years bro

Why do they even have these games?

You're a fool if you think Kiffin hangs around after next year

>signing a ten-fucking year contract

That puts him there for 5 to 6.

Personal theory: Either he can win the title every year while enjoying the beach, or he's been secretly blacklisted and knows nobody else will have him after the Tenn/USC fiasco.

He's blacklisted until one of them is desperate enough

Then why sign the new contract?

I know bolting is the usual way of doing things, that's what makes the new contract so fukken weird.

I would assume that's now, he could win a natty at any AAC team, if he wanted. Talent is off the fucking hook, if he weren't such an asshole.

Kiffin will bolt at the the first reasonable P5 job offer. He did FAU a huge solid with that 10 year contract because of the massive buyout that will go straight to the school.

He's a scary good coach and will dominate this conference every year he is here.

It's not like he's having this success with great players. He's taking last year's middling FAU players and dominating the conference.

As a USM fan, FAU should be playing FSU in the Independence bowl. I don't know if it was FSU shenanigans or if it is FAU's fans suck at even filling their own stadium and don't travel worth a shit but FAU deserved the spot in the Independence bowl over my alma mater.

he's gonna take the miami job after richt retires

As a bowl team, they gotta prove they can (1) draw, and (2) win. I don't know what the attendance is, but it looks like they'll do both tonight.

On the other side of that, your assessment that LK signed a huge contract just so he could give a charitable contribution to the university is fucking idiotic and you should take a lap.

It will be interesting to see how many NFL players kiffin could produce from meme recruits provided he stays at FAU

>ACC competition
>when you could to go UCF, USF or even ECU if it's near a beach, and still go 11-1

Kiffin to Cincinnati please

The contract is to grant a massive buyout price once someone else gets Kiffin, so FAU makes bank.

In return Kiffin gets more pay but also doesn't see a recruiting dip this year and next year - he can say he's in it for the long haul.

Or maybe he just decided winning C-USA every year and hanging at the beach sounds good. Plus he has Oklahoma and UCF on the schedule next year, plus Ohio State after that. You figure one big upset of a P5 blueblood plus running the table . . .

>just so he could
he didn't say it was100% for that reason, but that was 100% a part of it

FAU can win but they didn't draw flies to the CUSA game hosted at their own stadium.

The only reason for a G5 team to sign a "Name" coach whose name is associated with almost every open P5 job is so they can get something in return when said name is hired away within a year or two.

The more years, the bigger the payout, the more money to hire a better coach. The big schools can pay that buyout. It was smart on both sides.

If they take out OU *AND* UCF net year, that's a national ranking and a run at the top ten. It doesn't matter what conference you're in, if you go 13-0 and beat an actual blue blood, you have a crack at the Playoff.

or you could take a short drive to south beach, get PAID, sign top 5 classes every year without even lifting a finger, and become the next jimmy johnson.

>if you go 13-0 and beat an actual blue blood, you have a crack at the Playoff.

As a G5, you'd have to do that 3 years in a row unless they expand to an 8 team model.

>of course he bolts and this is money for the uni, that's just how the world works
That's only true unless a coach legit just wants to stay at the coach and build the culture there, and not just go for the biggest paycheck.

Your obscene pessimism is noted, though.

At least Akron missed the Potato Bowl

This

Look at David Cutcliffe
He's turned down Michigan and Tennessee twice