John Goodman is the soul survivor of a monster attack, and it is covered by the goverment

Monarch is founded

While the 43 incident probably had a hand in the creation of Monarch, it is worth to note that Monarch was founded prior to the 54 Godzilla incident.

The first Godzilla incident

Kong Skull Island
It is mentioned of old cave paintings portraying Godzilla, Rodan, Ghidorah, Mothra

Meltdown in Japan

Godzilla

While the 43 incident probably had a hand in the creation of Monarch, it is worth to note that Monarch was founded prior to the 54 Godzilla incident.

Question is what was it that forced the foundation of Monarch, and what attacked in 1943 and if it will be brought back up?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gczBgNB-p1w
youtube.com/watch?v=lrs1ngr-BpA
hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/kong-skull-island-challenge-franchise-godzilla-kong-985193
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>soul survivor
>soul

so cute when americans try to spell words

>soul survivor

>This thread will only be filled with greentexting "soul."

Sup Forums is autistic, I swear.

How exactly does one become an soul survivor???

>soul

>Seoul survivor

Thanks for spoiling the king Kong movie, douchebag

>scold survivor

I thought it was implied the monster that attacked goodman and crew was zilla

official thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=gczBgNB-p1w

What is "Monarch"?

Bebbe Jebus

>soul survivor

but he knew of the 54 bombing, which he knew of Godzilla, and the way he talked about the monster attacking, he had no clue of it's identity.

>1973
>Skull Island

wow, that is a spoiler

HORY SHIT

GET ALEX JONES ON THIS SHIT STAT

You're a 'seoul man'

he didnt know at the time, but he would have no reason for dropping zilla's name to anyoe

>inb4 Mothra meme

So do we assume that the first attack in 1943 was godzilla or what? That boat looked like it had been clawed at or bitten from bellow.

could be related to the Tanker from 1934 that washed up on Skull Island *which isn't listed*

Monarch is founded in the year following the bombing of hiroshima, my tinfoil guess is something got woken by the first nuke and nagasaki was some sort of kaiju fight. At the very least the use of nukes in japan is surely going to play some role in the formation of monarch.

KING GHIDORAH

But King Ghidorah is a space monster

>not using the GNK continuity where he's descended from orochii

No threat they'll use it but it a thought

I'm hoping that they'll expand the concept of Atlantis into a movie in which Megalon and Gigan fight each other. It would be like the first twenty minutes of Man of Steel stretched out into a two hour movie

If they did that it could be Megalon that attacked the boat but its probably Rodan or somebody

>hail to the king, baby!

BANKAI: KONG JUNGLE BEAT

I dont understand that reference, ive only ever seen the last two godzilla and kong movies. Are you saying the dragon thing from the cave paintings nukes nagasaki?

youtube.com/watch?v=lrs1ngr-BpA

>There is a very real possibility we will see King Kong fight King Ghidorah

What a time to be alive

Just leaving this here cause no one knows what you autistic fucks are actually refering too.

>-1954
>The first Godzilla incident

No it wasnt. That's when they dropped the bomb

Godzilla is a Mankiller. He killed John Goodman's sailors.

Are humans ever going to address this issue?

>1943
Isn't it before WWII ended? It's a Nazi monster right ?

Nazis are known for interested in hollow earth theory.

Oh cool. The Japanese created their Kaijus with a Pacific theater mythology. But Hollywood now wants to move it to European theater

>sowle
Cute thread

>autistic

>Are you saying the dragon thing from the cave paintings nukes nagasaki?
Accepted as canon from now on.

Id put money on it being Manda

>soul

You see the remains of the cruiser that got attacked in 1943 and it's covered in claw marks

figured it was Godzilla.

I have yet to see the movie (can't decide between Kong and Logan this week), but isn't Kong a little tiny to be squaring up to Godzilla (2014)?

But they said Godzilla was dormant until 54, when atomic subs could go low enough to get his attention. Regardless its probably never going to be addressed again, or perhaps a throwaway monster. It could be Titanosaurus or Manda I guess

Yes, but they mention in the film that Kong isnt fully grown.
>Modern day
>Return to Skull Island for whatever reason
>Find out that data is out of date and Kong has grown significantly since 73

you talking about the one in Goodman's photo? or Skull island? The one on Skull Island that was there since 1934

So an old grizzled monster will be battling a young and inexperienced one?

Im not certain how old Kong is. It appears a lot of these monsters can lie dormant underground for god knows how long. But yes I suppose Godzilla is far older than Kong. But Kong has proven to be more intelligent, able to use tools in combat so I guess it evens out?

See Logan. Kong is shit.

Revised timeline

Tanker washes up on skull island

John Goodman is the soul survivor of a monster attack, and it is covered by the goverment

-1945 Japan is nuked

Monarch is founded

Nuclear submarines awken Godzilla and first bombs dropped to kill it.

Kong Skull Island
It is mentioned of old cave paintings portraying Godzilla, Rodan, Ghidorah, Mothra. Also some event prior, possibly nuking zilla, may have caused the big skull crawler to emerge the first time to kill kongs parents.

Meltdown in Japan

Godzilla

Might need to watch the most recent godzilla movie but i dont remember them saying how old it was

Kaiju fags are bigger cucks than capeshit fans

>nagasaki was some sort of kaiju fight.
That actually sounds kind of neat, and then you could bring some neat themes.

>t. Dcuck buthurt even a monkey's franchise is better than the whole dceu

>soul survivor

How can King Kong even compete? Godzilla is ultra giga nigga levels of unstoppable.

Ok. How tall is Godilla and Kong supposed to be in their versus movie?

>I've got soul but I'm not a survivor.

Just got hack from watching Kong. Good movie. Not as good as Godzillia but still decent. I can't wait for Godzillia vs King Kong!

roughly equal. Kong is just an adolescent in K:SI so by the time they face off they should be able to fight fairly

Link? I'm in LOVE with the Larson titties.

Shin isnt part of the same universe but yes even legendary goji...i have no idea

355 feet tall. its implied that kong is still a young adult in skull island and its obviously been a few decades since skull island...so he might grow

I bet you it was Ghidorah because Godzilla didn't awaken until after WWII.

John Goodman is eaten by Skull crawler. Last word were "Oh Shit..."

Won't it pretty much be STR VS DEX?
Kong is fast and hits hard, Goji is slow but really powerful.

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/kong-skull-island-challenge-franchise-godzilla-kong-985193

Da-da-da da-da-da-da!

>King Kong (1933) - 24 feet
>King Kong (1976) - 55 feet
>King Kong Lives (1985) - 60 feet
>King Kong (2005) - 25 feet
>Kong: Skull Island (2017) - 100 feet
>Godzilla vs Kong (201?) - 335 feet

That's a big ape.

did they confirm he was going to be 335 feet? even his parents were relatively his size

inb4 the cross over movie introduces aliens and how some of the Kaiju are just alien experiments

>Soul Survivor

thats actually a cool name for a movie, some steal it now!

Yeah they didn't look all that much bigger...

And if the big skull crawler killed them both then they can't have been that much bigger than Kong.

>Starring Taylor Lautner

>355 ft "tall"

kek. when will monsterlets ever learn?

>soul

>american education

when will they reveal that Monarch has begun developing prototype giant robots to combat the growing threat of Hallow Earth abominations

and that they are called Jaegars

in the context of the movie's timeline this might be accurate, but it's been a while so I'm not certain

Tie-in comic to Godzilla 2014, Godzilla Awakening.

The bomb at Hiroshima woke up a colonial organism MUTO called Shinomura and Godzilla started hunting him across the Pacific, with Monarch following them. The Bikini Atoll effort was an attempt at killing them both, though only the Shinomura died.

Of course, comic and the film don't entirely line-up in the end, but it's something.

>Not Mecha Godzilla

Step it up sempai!

nigga this is post Avenger's world, the new thing is crossovers up the ass, that's why Universal Monsterverse is also becoming a thing and why DC is blowing their load trying to get the DC Universe off the ground

So which death scene did you all think was the most... gruesome in this movie?

Spider impaling caught me off guard with how graphic it got

dude that got impaled by the spider. honestly there werent many gruesome deaths

Oh yeah, definitely this. Totally unexpected.

the death of the last vestiges of hope left in hollywood

which godzilla is the most badass and which "bad guy" is the most badass monster?

Based reference DESU

No way, that was gruesome, but the one that got me was the scientist guy who got torn apart by the mini-Paraclete bird things.

The spider bit was definitely the most gruesome in the movie, the pull away of the leg in the mouth was particularly gruesome.

Although I found the death of the landsat guy the most shocking because it came out of fucking nowhere and they were powerless to stop it.

>It Ain't Me stops playing
>In fact, it never starts.

Legendary Godzilla is literally millions of years old

would i be wasting my time if i went and watched every single Godzilla film created?

Speaking of deaths did anyone feels as though a few of them were pretty much needless?

no

It depends really. Some are good, others okay, and a few are definitely bargain bin trash

How old was the skeleton they found at the beginning of the Godzilla movie?

thanks m8s

Likely millions of years

Guy holding the grenades and got batted out of the park.

Seems pretty obvious to me what the 43 attack was, considering it inspired the creation of Monarch, as in the Monarch Butterfly

MOTHRA