1,000 years

What does Sup Forums think about this? A giant meme or this dude is retarded?

>1,000 years
> im ded

metro.co.uk/2013/04/13/stephen-hawking-humans-have-less-than-1000-years-left-on-earth-3614602/

Other urls found in this thread:

huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/28/stephen-hawking-humanity-1000-years_n_7160870.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump

huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/28/stephen-hawking-humanity-1000-years_n_7160870.html

> inb4 huff post

>this dude is retarded?

This pic related dude is dead ... and apparently has been for some number of years.

If trends continue then yes. The extinction of bees alone would cause world wide starvation.

Environmentalism and human sustainability has to be considered, some say we're already too fucked.

I don't care, I won't be around in 1,000 years.

he's a butt-muncher where politics is concerned
behind the curve in physics now
he needs to retire, shut the fuck up, and go out in a blaze of happy endings instead of shoving his prophetic mumblings into print

> i dont care i wont be around in 1,000 years
> my white children and their children shouldn't live

D I S G R A C E

The American way in the flesh

>The boomer mentality
The ant and the grasshopper

Resource consumption is going to skyrocket if nothing is done about Indian, Chinese, and African populations as they begin to modernize.

I knew something was up with him

he lost his ability to use his talking machine years ago, he warned humanity about the singularity and stopped talking forever. they wanted to make him a new device but he refused it.

He was a smart guy with some interesting ideas, but at this point he has overstayed his welcome.

My father always told me not trust retards or paraplegics.

>1000 year
seems overly optimistic, i'm pretty sure shit's gonna hit the fan way sooner

If humans survive at all, I would be surprised in 150 years if most of them are biological (and then why would you bother to stay earth-bound?).

>don't trust paraplegics

kek, why?

Bees aren't going extinct anymore
We actually have no idea what caused colony collapse syndrome just that it happened then it stopped

why so?

Yo I didn't know that vegetable on wheels was a fortune teller too!

I guess I'm #WheelinforStephen now

Monsanto probably removed something from their products stealthfully.

Either way, the point isn't that bees were going extint, it's that nature is fragile enough that our negligence could severely fuck our own species survival.

Life will adapt to our bullshit, plenty will go extinct but many will survive. But our survival is the main question.

Is your last name Steenkamp?

It can make you cuckoo!

>GIVE ME A SECOND
>DUDE WE NEED TO GO TO SPACE FAST
>IF WE STAY HERE WE WILL DIE
>STOP WAR
>INVEST ALL THE WORLD MONEY ON NASA
>WE STAR TREK OR WE DEAD NIGGU

He's playing you guys like the fiddle yet again.

He knows comments like these make headlines and people buy his books.

Of course there's no way to know how much time humans have left. And don't give me the appeal to authority fallacy claiming Stephen Hawking is a genius and blah blah. Literally no different from an user posting this.

Christians said the same thing 2000 years ago, and they headed the world's academic institutions from 800AD until the 1700s.
>inb4 butthurt poo in loos and mudslimes screaming about upanishad commentaries and Avicenna

This nigga has been memeing a lot these days.
Did his talking machine get hijacked or something?

Can we make this a duplicated celeb threads?
I'll start with Eminem.

Also note some UN-duplicatable recent suicides, like Robin Williams.

He is very smart and has a unique way of thinking that has helped discover many thing but he's not infallible and even he says some retarded shit sometimes.
It's feasible that we we may have the technology to go to another solar system in 1000 year (just think about what we've done in the PAST 1000 years) but I see no reason for us to completely evacuate Earth in that time span.

Don't ensure the survival of your people because Jesus.

who else here wants the world to go apocalyptic because you are in the 1% globally and will survive easily?

But we have no idea why bees were going extinct
You just assume it's humans fault because of the propaganda you've been fed

Also
>Famous guy comments on something he's not knowledgeable on nor can predict
Big surprise
Why do """"""smart"""""" people always fall into this obvious idiot trap?

He is smart in sciences, physics, that's all. He's a retard on everything else with the same opinions as the average cuck brainwashed by leftist media.

Even if it was 100 years I wouldn't care also.

>the fourth reich will live a thousand years
>we have a thousand years left
>There will be a fourth reich this year

I'd be amazed if we survive current year.

I don't think he is being literal

The space station is the closest we will ever get to actually live in space.

Orbiting our earth.

There will never be an human space colony on another planet.

A selected few will have the privilege of an horrible, slow and insanity driven death stranded somewhere in our star system, tho.

I think people underestimate how close we might actually be to causing near complete extinction of the majority of flora and fauna. Compare the disturbed conditions of evolution today to what has been present on earth for the duration of evolution. In 10,000 years time, we may have impacted millions of years in evolution.

I assume he's probably done some form of mathematical analysis to back his claims up like a probability analysis. Otherwise he's just spewing out of his mouth.

monsanto was the cause of that.

>He still misses the point
>H-humans don't fuck the p-planet

Incorrect, you like most of Sup Forums simply fear environmentalism because a leftist cuck named Al Gore "adopted" it and now you fear liberals can use it to win because the right made the mistake of not adopting it.

There is a lack of conclusive evidence for the cause of hive death syndrome, but that doesn't mean humans can't be the cause of bee extinction, let alone any other extinction or extinction causing events.

>You just think it's humans fault because you've been fed propaganda

You think Monsanto tests the chemicals they release? A reminder that humans fertility rates have dropped immensely since the 1970's due to xenoestergens, which also increase breast and testicular rates.

Look at this optimist.

There are already numerous dead astronauts and cosmonauts.

This

The most essential staple food crops on the planet, like corn, wheat, rice, soybeans and sorghum, need no insect help at all; they are wind-pollinated or self-pollinating.

>The extinction of bees alone would cause world wide starvati

Nope. Cows don't need bees. Neither do fish.

Shit. Potatoes can grow on without bees.

It wouldn't be world wide. It would just be the outer fringes of useless people that couldn't afford food that wasn't fertilized for free by bugs.

Really makes you think.

I have like 8 bee hives in my back yard and one in my office.
Bees are fine.

Dude he said trump is a fucking dumbass

Ah, yes, humanity will clearly survive for long on nutritionally declining empty carbs that make up the grain foods.

It doesn't matter if they're directly pollinated by bees, countless other plants that are pollinated by bees will die out, plants that are important to the environment and as a resource for humanity.

It's not an enclosed system, when one species dies they rarely die alone. The amount of insect pollinated plants species being wiped out would be disastrous.

You can't feed humanity by cycling grains and cattle.

>Cattle
At it's healthiest when free to graze, in a starvation situation you will be unable to sustain them on shit diets such as being corn fed. Yes, many grasses and ground plants that are nutritionally viable for cows are bee pollinated.

>Fish

Fish aren't the easiest thing in the world to farm, which is why many have "trained fish to eat corn" making the fish meat complete shit, because corn in essence is just an empty starchy calorie. Food is more than just calories to keep you running.

Depending on fish in a starvation situation would unsustainable damage it, we'd starve eventually.

>Potatoes
Pollinated by bees

It's not a closed system dumbasses

I'm not having kids and I don't care about yours. Sounds like this is your problem, not mine.

The extinction of Bees will lead to the end of humanity? Nigga please, God wouldn't let a mere insect cause that much trouble.