Want to be a filmmaker

>Want to be a filmmaker
>Can't come up with a good idea to save my life, and even if I can I can't develop them
JUST

be a irl streamer on twitch

Thats why there are writers.

steal them like shia

how the fuck am I supposed to find a writer or anybody willing to work with my awkward anxious ass

become a director for hire

I'm really opposed to that, but I'd still have some degree of creative control, right?
How can I become a director for hire, with no credits/previous work?

>Want to be a director
>Completely unimaginative
>Don't understand blocking

George Romero fuckin got his co workers at his tv station to help him make Night of the Living dead.

What the fuck is your excuse you idiot.

I don't have a job or friends, and I'm very unlikeable.

>wanting to do something you have no passion for

are you sure you actually want to make films and aren't just yearning to be part of some culture you find appealing

Eh just by all of these excuses you're making I think you'd be bad at it, no offense

"Good ideas" are subjective, when you're a creative all that matters is the will to produce. It's like a shitty sink-- you gotta let it run out all the brown water for a while before it's safe/worth drinking

If you can't get obsessive with the process of growth and the development of technique you're just wasting your time

You are a dime a dozen, it would take me at least a year to count the number of millennial jerk offs who think their artsy interests will net them an inkling of a career; you will never be a filmmaker. Abandon your stupid dream and go to plumbing school right now

TFW have dozens of terrific ideas for movies and understand how to form a shot and stage actors very well

I have passion for it, I'm just not good at it.

this

t. failed filmmaker (still love it as a hobby tho)

>constantly come up with cool and new/different ideas for movies
>wouldn't know where to begin to get my foot in the door

>If you can't get obsessive with the process of growth and the development of technique you're just wasting your time
what the fuck does this even mean

only you can changes those things senpai, dont expect help from a shitty Japanese image board in its death throes, start setting goals and enjoy the journey

then why aren't you famous yet, asshole?

Screenwriting contests, you obviously haven't tried or care.

Film-making isn't just about coming up with some idea that you think would make an enjoyable movie. Film-making is about exposing the themes of reality, so it's not something that you can just be able to make if you brainstorm long enough. You need to first experience life, finding both hardships and love. If you can't come up with a good idea, then not only are you unfit to be a filmmaker, you have also never truly lived.

I'm not a writer i can't write a script but I can storyboard like a motherfucker and have legit movie concepts/ideas. I've had friends and family tell me "wow that's be a good idea for a movie really cool\different concept.

Want a real advice? Let it go. Don't force. It's ok if you can't come up with anything right now.
Let it come to you.

I don't really expect help, I don't know what I was looking for with this thread.
I have four good movie ideas, and one is a (probably) generic adaptation, one isn't even an idea.
That leaves me with two viable ideas, one I need to be able to compose music for, and I haven't been able to compose music since I was 6.

So, one viable idea, and I can't really get a grasp on how to develop it, the characters, or the tone.
It's just a rip off of Akira anyway.

>Film-making is about exposing the themes of reality
pic related.
>you have also never truly lived.
well that's true.

I'm not a good writer, but you should let me take a crack at it.

>Don't force.
>Let it come to you
I'm trying, but I'm anxious.

You can do it, user. I believe in you.

If ideas isn't your strenght focus on techniques. Make abstract shit, I don't care.

Think about any situation that has happenned to you, how would you present this situation through image and sound?

Lets do it user I'm down to take a risk.

Not him but it basically means that what you produce will suck for a long time, and if you aren't willing to plow through that shit and go all the way, you are wasting your time. For example practicing writing: you've got to realize that the first 10 screenplays you write will suck and after that you might produce something worthwhile. But you have to write them like all of them would be the next big thing. So you have to get obsessed with the actual growth or you'll never see the finish line. Right now OP is just whining he can't come up with good ideas when he should be writing shitty ones to get to the good ones.

I haven't been in many situations.

That sounds like awful advice.

How we gonna do this? Should I give you my email? I doubt you wanna share your ideas in public like this.

Discord?

Sure give me an email will go from their. Like I said I'm down to give it a go.

You can write a lot of crap on the page as you will be rewriting the majority of it anyway. Be my guest and only write when you get good ideas or beautiful language on the page. You're gonna be staring at a blank page for a long time. Even if you write a lot of shit, you will produce a small amount of something good and you can walk away with that.

Nah. I'm telling you I've got very good movie concepts and ideas. Just don't know how to get it in the right hands. If I got these ideas in the right hands I'd make millions.

[email protected]

You won't be making millions with a concept. It's going to be directed by a director and actually written down page by page by a writer. Even if you can get your ideas into the right hands, you won't make lots of money with them.

Idk if this is a joke or not how can I tell you are serious about your intentions?

Filmmaking is about convincing a bunch of people into giving you more money that you would earn in 10+ years so you can get a crew of fucked in the head societal rejects to work in unison for 3 - 4 weeks or so.

Plus a bunch of boring pain in the ass shit few years before that, and then after that. And then you have yourself a film. Hopefully it's not shit, and people won't be after you for burning through their mountain of cash.

t. someone who actually made films

stop being so picky when you are currently a nobody in this industry, take what you can get at the beginning

I'm just the ideas guy/storyboarder. But I feel in my heart if I shared my ideas I could get all those people to work together just fine.

Nigga what do you mean how can you tell if I'm serious, I made this whole ass thread, and just posted my email for you.
You think my email sounds silly? That's fair, I have a lot of accounts on various websites, I'm not giving my main out on this godforsaken website.
I'll log into yomtabo right now.

Stop being picky? I haven't been offered anything at all, I haven't had the chance to be picky.

I wish more than anything I had somebody else as good as me to work with.

I'm probably not a genius or anything, but I have good taste and am pretty good at a lot of stuff. It's just hard because it's like, if I don't write it, then it's going to completely suck, and if I don't film it, then it's going to completely suck. I don't know even know if I can make good stuff, but I know having somebody else with different ideas and stuff to bring to the table would be perfect. They'd make me better; I'd make them better; and we'd actually do something cool.

It must be so cool to be big in Hollywood, just because you get super smart, talented, and creative people working with you on something. I don't know; it's frustrating. If Trey Parker and Matt Stone had never met, they probably never would have done anything and would be working at a Best Buy or something, shitposting on Sup Forums.

I got you will send an email.

>somebody else as good as me to work with.

You are my nigga user. I agree with that trey Parker Matt stone analogy. You have an email??

I'm logged in and will be waiting.

I understand you all the way.
I have no real friends, and people I do discuss my ideas with aren't creative and don't have any ideas/suggestions to add.
They think anything I say is genius because they can't come up with anything themselves, I know I'm not that good though, and I need a lot of help.

>somebody else as good as me to work with.
oh, the cringe

Ideas are a dime a dozen friendo. I guarantee you there are 1000 guys in Los Angeles who have a great idea while taking a shit, and nothing comes of it.

The only way you'll get people to work together is if you pay them. At least promise to pay them. Producers are the ones who get people together, and clearly you're not cut out for the position of the producer. If you're an ideas guy, then write like 10 different scripts and then make your way into the circles of actual filmmakers and then pitch them your shit. That's what Tarantino did. I'm not particularly social guy, so can't give you advice there, but the easiest way to make friends amongst creative people is if you have drugs

Yeah. I made promotional videos for a non-profit arts organization when I was working as the Box Office Manager. I'd film stuff from rehearsal, backstage, do interviews with the cast and artistic director and such. For the last one I did, I got clips of Germany in the early 19th century to splice in little clips to show the time period. It wasn't the greatest stuff, but it was really actually pretty fucking good.

So I know that I can film stuff, cut it together, and it can be pretty good. I just don't have anybody to really work with, and working with somebody would make me 1000x better, and I think I could make them better too. I'm sort of a go-getter, but those few videos for the shows were the only thing I ever really got off the ground. It's hard to really get that drive to push as hard as it takes to get stuff done when I'm on my own. I don't think Sam Raimi ever would have gotten his way to the woods to make Evil Dead if he didn't have Bruce Campbell right there, helping him get to getting it done.

Well as a suicidal former musician who taught himself to play 9 different instruments who gave up on life. I think I found my new career path. Oh and I can be one sociable prick when I want to be and I've had sex with a woman.

>I've had sex with a woman.
Get out.

I have good unique ideas multiple times a day but I never write anything down or expand it passed the basic concept. Still, I think they are pretty unique. I probably need someone to act as a filter to tell me what is complete shit and what is usable. But I'll continue working at walmart so who cares lol

Yeah, I've got [email protected]. I'm getting ready to leave the country on April 9th, and I'll either be coming back or moving to Europe depending... If I do come back, film is what I'm going to do, so definitely email me if you want! It'd make a hell of a story to tell in an interview if anything really great comes from it.

I don't use it for anything else, so to all the weirdos lurking, don't bother Googling it.

>have good idea
>dont want to half ass it by using cell phone cameras and CGI
>did the math for the cost
>roughly 200-250k american
>even if i film in mexico it would still cost 150k-200k if filming takes 2 weeks

this thread triggers me so hard..

i will never make anything as great as the films i have found to be great, masterful, or true kino. i will remain an unknown faggot whose films were failed expirements, not even worthy of being deemed arthouse.

even if creating them isnt about any of that

kms

ok

Don't fucking remind me

RIP thread

>Sure give me an email will go from their.

you're the guy who's supposed to be the writer?

iktf, but with writing

List the last 5 movies you watched
1. A
2. B
3. C
4. D
5. E

Your movies protagonist has similar traits to the protagonist in film A.
Your movies location is set in B.
Your movies antagonist has traits of the the antagonist in C.
Your movies love interest is similar to the love interest in D.
Your movies genre is the genre of movie E.

Give it a try

1. Manchester by the Sea
2. 13 Hours
3. It Follows
4. Million Dollar Baby
5. No Country For Old Men

Man absolutely decimated by heartbreak, grief, and loss battles a monster that nobody else can see.
Set in Benghazi, Libya our torn main character tries to defeat his invisible and ever haunting foe while trying to overcome his own past tribulations--and in doing so earning the love of a female welterweight boxing champion (or is Clint the love interest).
This neo-noir Western crime thriller is not something you can miss. Coming to a theater near you:
*working title*