Lavar ball wants to cuck the NCAA

espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/21827823/lavar-ball-wants-start-league-high-school-graduates

wtf I'm a big baller now

the nba needs a more extensive minor league system - the g league is becoming exactly that

lavar is going to get a tiny league full of nobodies that will never play in the nba, b/c one and done still exists

Jesus this is like every terrible millennial stereotype and parent of millennial stereotype put into one story.

>its okay son I'll just make you a league so you can be the superstar I know you are, they didn't see the greatness in you it's fine baby we'll destroy the college system instead for revenge

Couldn't just thank Trump and move on huh?

>Wanting to get paid rather than volunteering is a millennial stereotype

You've got a firm grasp on the situation, congrats

Hi NCAA shill!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Aside the shite name, this is a good idea. Fuck the NCAA

in other words, Lonzo is paying his brothers 10k?

BALL CONTROL

0 chance this gets off the ground

With what money? Who is gonna pay to see them play?

Honestly this is something the G-League should do. Leave college sports to actual students, let those on a career track get paid while they develop.
Inb4 muh poor kids who lose their chance at an education, with $10k a month, if they save half of that they can pay for tuition at their local community college.

This is technically allowed already in the G-League
No one is willing to change though

>wanting money along with getting your 30k tuition, meal plan and living expenses paid for
>not realizing the entitlement
How to spot a millennial 101

So I take it that Lithuanian club rejected him. LMAO

t. guy who has no idea how much colleges makes off of sports

come one now lavar, calm down

what's that picture about

How the fuck does he have so much money?

JFC I just want society to end

If he can't attract the best coaches then it doesn't matter. Players will still go to the NCAA because it offers better coaching, more exposure, and for some players a college education, free housing and free meals is a much bigger deal. As a college player you don't have to worry about taxes, if you made $120k a year the value might actually be a lot lower than a college scholarship due to taxes.

He doesn't tbqh.

Hey come work for me, I'll pay all your living costs but I'm not paying you a salary.

Good deal?

>being this financially ignorant

He doesn't have that much money. Very few people do. He'd obviously look to attract a lot of investors to help fund this.

Doesn't need to, he can borrow money based on the tv rights sale. It's quite feasible. With his profile and interest it could be a nice meme like the big 3 league.

People forget that professional sports is basically a tickets and TV rights game. It's not that difficult to set up a spectacle in 2017 where mongs will pay thousands of dollars to see a man put a disc on a turn table and play recorded music.

I didn't think he has enough money to finance the league all by himself
But he's still fucking loaded

There isn't gonna be that much interest

If you made the Kentucky Wildcats into a pro team without any connection to the university you wouldn't get 1500 people to attend a game

Fuck I'll take that

sounds like a good idea from a business view, lots of shekels to be made

Unironically want this to be successful.

1 year and done players in NCAA make me mad. Much rather have the NCAA have real students for a couple years rather than players who go to school for a semester and then drop out. Maybe the best players will do one year in this development league but players could still be in the NCAA for a few years and make it to the NBA.

>you wouldn't
Not everybody went to college you mong. And those mongs who support a college team they didn't attend are totally moronic.

>one and done

blame the NBA for that, not the NCAA.

bush leagues exist you mong.

for the 90% of players who will never sniff pro-ball (and would otherwise never be admitted to college), it's an excellent deal

Name 5

$120K per month per team wages. 5 month season? he'll need 8 teams minimum for a viable product.
transpo+hotel+arena rental gameday costs
marketing+admin+insurance overhead
who will pay to watch 3rd tier ncaa rejects in person? no school pride to draw fans either. no established teams.
ncaa will blacklist the league from major networks. nike+adidas+UA will embargo marketing.
holy shit will this be a disaster.

Even if this was true, it doesn't change a thing

All uniforms and shoes supplied by Big Baller Brand

Nanoballer detected. Fuck Trump and fuck the NCAA

>excellent deal
What about for those who don't actually want to attend college and want to play basketball for a living anyway?

*insert non-3rd world european country here* league

>shoes supplied by Big Baller Brand
so exploding knees everywhere
allocate more money for insurance
anyone who thinks this will succeed knows nothing about the real world
vince couldn't bootstrap the xfl, i'm sure lavar ball will defeat the ncaa.

No it isn't. In fact, athletic scholarships fuck you over worse than any other scholarship, other than maybe work study.

True "scholarships" don't have contracts that sign your likeness away. If I was on scholarship for music and record an award-winning album on the side, all of the profits for that album go to me. The school has no right to take away my scholarship just because of my hard work to make money from music.

In the sports however, the students are literally selling their souls. Their likeness is owned by the NCAA, and it is against the law for them to make any money at all. It's basically indentured servitude.

oh so the league is being established in europe now? fucking idiot.

Okay
If it sucks so much then they don't have to play sports

No you asked for whether bush leagues exist. Those are bushleagues that feed into the NBA system.

>If it sucks so much then they don't have to play sports

But they can now that lavar is creating a new league.

>having a fan driven league with players who actually want to play is a bad thing

kek amerifats are so cucked by corporations.

Why would players join his bum league for a portion of their NBA check instead of going to a college to increase their draft stock and be coached correctly? Do they think NBA Scouts will like a player who does this?

scouts used to draft kids straight out of high school before the NCAA mafia took over. It wouldn't be any different than that.

Dante Exum did absolutely nothing for a year out of high school and was still drafted 5th overall. No college ball, Europe, or anything.

If you have the potential an NBA team will pick you.

>why do people want money?

Are you this much of a brainlet to think that nobody wants to play basketball for money now?

Maybe they're too dumb to graduate high school but can ball. Is that too much of a stretch for your imagination?

>If I was on scholarship for music
a ridiculous, impractical and irrelevant scenario that has nothing to do with anything
exactly what do you think would happen if these players could go "market themselves"? that's right, you'd have 10% of the players (the sure-bets to go pro anyways) making 99% of the money, and then faggots like you will slide in and whine about how "unfair" everything is

this

No
It's the NBA who made that restriction
It's mainly because for every Kobe Bryant there was like 5 Kwame Browns

>you'd have 10% of players making 99% of the money
What's wrong with that? Are you some sort of commie?

well now they can play in the big baller league if they can't cut it in the nba

this is a big baller move

first he pimps his own kids for money, now he wants to exploit the rest and leave them without education

nice 'father figure' lmao

as opposed to 0% of the players making any money and NCAA stooges and academia communists making all of it like now?

Again, fat chance this league ever gets off the ground

>education
>1 year of college with no degree

Lmao how stupid are you? You can still go to college like a cuck. This just gives you the option to play and get paid instead of college.

Is Lavar Ball officially the niggest?

an undesirable, but ultimately preferable scenario, if one purports to care about "fairness"

I don't even care if it doesn't sounds like an interesting idea either way.

the nba made it 100% because of the NCAA. The one and done rule was lobbied by the nba. You still get kwame browns. Nothing changed. The only difference is now that you can't get someone at an earlier age like lebron and groom them better. Look at Lebron compared to his draft class of carmelo and such.

>This just gives you the option to play and get paid instead of college
lmao no surprise lavar can get away with his scams with retards like you

>Scams
You don't have to pay to watch if you don't want to.
>lmao i'm so retarded I don't understand how money and commerce works.
>lmao if you like vanilla ice-cream chocolate can possibly sell

This is complete bullshit
You have contributed nothing to this discussion
Good day

Everyone getting nothing and the NCAA getting everything is more fair than everyone and the NCAA getting something?

>i'm so retarded I don't understand how money and commerce works
we already know la

You're missing a lot of shit

t. ncaa shill

There is literally no reason for the one and done rule outside of benefiting NCAA

>getting nothing
just a free ride through school, the very thing a certain political candidate based virtually his entire campaign on
in your case, i at least hope you didn't pay tens of thousands to be this obtuse

It's not really benefiting the NCAA

I don't understand your arguments
Why is it so vital teams get players at 18 instead of 19?

It's not a free ride. The ncaa makes more off the athletes than they get back in return. It's like saying slaves got free room and board while the owners made millions

A lot of college players get paid more than $10k/month by boosters/the college through various avenues, why would this league be a good idea? Is it for the mediocre players who aren't good enough to get paid in the aforementioned ways?

The real question you should be asking yourself is why is it so vital players wait until they are 19 before going to the NBA rather than 18. The answer is so that people like calipari and mike stuff their team full of nba level freshman.

It's not about the teams. The players who know they will be going to the NBA should be allowed to go to the nba. There shouldn't be a rule forcing them to go school for a year where they literally learn nothing.

Did slaves get a free education that would cost a regular person $40-50k a year?

>education
>1 year in college

kek

I really don’t see the problem here, same as how in Europe or South American kids much rather attend soccer academies and move their way up instead of wasting time in school doing something that they don’t want to do especially when they aren’t benefiting from financial gains.

>college basketball
>coached correctly

This man is a certified genius if he pulls this off, it'd be undeniable (should be already though)

>same as how in Europe
kids are forced by law to go through education system until they are 18, and many players will still do a career on the side after that

they've been pushing the 'life after sports career' programs for a couple decades now so local pro athletes don't end up being street bums a couple of years after retiring

>2017
>People are still unabashedly naive enough to think D1 athletes are actually getting an education

Basketball players spend half of a semester playing invitationals in other parts of the country and road games in different states. They spend the next semester playing march madness or NIT. When I was in college I had classes where if I missed two lectures I would be too behind to pass. You're telling me players that miss whole school days 3 times a week can actually do work and learn like regular students? The concept of the "student-athlete" was the greatest scam Jews ever came up with

The guys who don't make it to the NBA will tell you the degree they get is worth something to them. I am just saying they are not slaves. I mean they also get to fuck unlimited white girls while they are in college.

It's not like I love the system or anything
It should be like baseball
Either get them before they get to college or have them wait a couple of years
This one and done shit ain't helping many
On the other hand I think athletes of all sports bank too hard on being pro athletes
A ton of them end up being broke anyways
It's not like a 18 year old is gonna more responsible with money

Also if they don't like the system then don't join it
There's no need for anyone to become a basketball player

if you get a free car and crash it, you still got a free car
or are you suggesting that they don't actually value education at all?

a friend of mine was a tutor assigned to a household name NFL quarterback during the famous player's college years. it wasn't a very selective college and the class was baby bio.
he said this guy was the dumbest piece of shit he ever met. he couldn't believe this guy could function. he was barely literate.
but he could throw a football 80 yards so it's all good, right?

The biggest of big baller moves. What a guy.

Or they could earn $20k and use that to learn a trade, which would be a better use of their time.

The concept is sound. Look at MLB and how well it works there. That said, who in the fuck would ever trust this dipshit to run a league?

Hello, oldfag here. Just wanted to say that you're retarded a most likely a millennial yourself.

>What about for those who don't actually want to attend college and want to play basketball for a living anyway?
They can go overseas or just stay at home and train with whoever the hell they feel like. The NBA has no rule about college attendance, just a year after HS graduation. Besides, top colleges have phenomenal coaching talent, so it would behoove most players to spend a year working with them anyway.

You missed the entire point. It's not getting a free car and crashing it. It's getting a free car when you're 12 years old owned by someone else who tells you when and where you can drive it.

The NCAA doesn't give out scholarships so players can get an education. The NCAA gives out scholarships so that there is no barrier preventing someone from playing sports.

If anything, education gets in the way of the NCAA's goals. They only just recently raised the SAT and GPA requirements, which are still laughably low. Players are getting accepted to world class institutions with 3rd grade reading levels. Google Dexter Manley, an NFL player who received a Bachelor's degree from Oklahoma State while being functionally illiterate. It's not that players are shunning education, it's that they're often going to schools that are too advanced for them, on top of the fact that they have to spend so much time playing sports that they can't get a proper education in the first place.

>young urban athletes that can't read/write will earn 20k and spend it on a trade course
>they'll also take the time to attend said course and invest all the needed hours to learn that trade
sure

Don't like any of you actually give a fuck about their education or livelihood
All any of you, NCAA and anti-NCAA fags alike, only care about the product they produce

>If he can't attract the best coaches then it doesn't matter. Players will still go to the NCAA because it offers better coaching
Yup. The core concept is great, but it'll be a disaster for all parties because there's no way a legit coach leaves a real NCAA program for this mess. The poor prospects that need the money right away are going to get suckered into mortgaging their future while college will miss out on more top prospects.

>young urban athletes get an "education" when they go to college for 1 year and play basketball 80% of the time

Don't even pretend that the NCAA wasn't instrumental in that rule being put into place. They were shitting their pants about the prospect of never seeing top-flight players again and having people lose interest. Places like Kentucky and Chapel Hill would be fine, but a lot of fanbases would dwindle away if there was basically never a blue-chip recruit to watch.

>80% of college basketball players go to the NBA after a year

>80% of college basketball players go to the NBA after a year
take a good look at what you just typed and tell me you're not serious about this.