Sup Forums's thoughts on it

Sup Forums's thoughts on it

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_(novel)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

sAm3 rUl3Z 4PpLy

I thought Filth was great and then when I watched it again it was the shitty movie you posted. Turns out Sauna was called Filth back when I watched it.

Good, great sense of style and even better performance from McAvoy.

Post the webm of that big dick scene followed by him fucking that chick.

It is good.

Not incredible but good.

i thought it was really bad

I just read the book.

Was the ending as full of despair as the novel?

how was the book separate from the novel?

Loved the ending fantastic acting in his final video message to Bladesy. "Sorry Bladesy, my friend, my only friend, I think your wife would love you if you were a bit more assertive, maybe I'm not the best person to be giving relationship advice but maybe it takes a wrong doer to to tell someone when they are doing wrong" hes somewhere between laughing and fighting tears of sadness during this video message, hes fully dressed in his police uniform and cleaned up nicely for the first time in weeks and it its right before he killed himself.

In the last few chapters it's revealed his wife cucked him with a black man and he went crazy and is coping by episodically thinking he's her and going out to town in her clothes.

Then the backstory dump reveals he was fathered by a serial rapist with severe mental issues, which he inherited, and he always believed he was inherently evil like his dad. Then his life was just one big assfuck after another, up to and including accidentally causing his first love's death.

Ultimately he loses all hope and calls his wife to come to his place to talk, intending to hang himself in front of her as soon as she turns the doorknob. But he didn't realize she was bringing their daughter with her and ends up killing himself in front of her.

re-read my post user

Irvine Welsh is fucked up.

Fucked up people write the best books

Not at all, the book's ending was much more bleak. I haven't watched the movie in a long time but remember being a little disappointed in it.
They follow the same general idea but were still pretty different. The book had been written in an odd style that I can only really liken to American Psycho in that on the per page level it isn't terribly good but once you start to see the whole picture it's much better. Also iirc the book went much more into his backstory as to why he's such a weirdo fuckup.

yeah the movie ended up a lot softer than this.

He meets some other woman after her husband dies, and he takes a liking to her kid.

At the end he's about to hang himself and the woman and her kid approach the door and rin the bell, but they turn around and walk away.

Then he looks into the camera,smiles, and says " same rules apply", then he hangs himself.

They make the ending seem ambiguous for those who cant handle the fact that he hangs himself but believe me, he does in fact hang himself, not a fucking accident.

Filth is a hell of a lot better than Ecstasy.

what was all that worm shit about then? are we to asume he had tape worms? or some shit and they had made him crazy

No, the ambiguity stems from whether the people at the door are the lady and her son, or his ex-wife and daughter, because both feel sorry for him after seeing his breakdown at the supermarket.

garbage

In the book, his tapeworm gets it's own monologues which explain more of his past.

>Sauna
Gonna look into this. Cool picture

do you care to explain why it was included if it has any effect what so ever on the story as far as the movie is concerned it had little effect and just left me wondering why it was included if not for the sake of mearly a "dude wtf" scene

hurrr durr muh masonic symbolism

isn't it great that i'm a freemason?
have i mentioned yet that i am a freemason?
omg freemasonry is so great you guys

t. writer/director

The scene where he gets a blowjob from the drug dealer's gf was better in the book. Jerked off to it when I was a teenager.

>heeeeeeeeeeeeeeey bruuuuuuuuuuuce!

But isn't this book has a sequel?

Not that I recall. Trainspotting had a sequel that included some characters from other Welsh books, but I don't remember Filth getting a sequel.

Here
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_(novel)

The best film post 2000.

I thought he wanted to hang himself until he saw the lady and her daughter approaching and had hopes of living a life with them.
But then the chair breaks and he hangs himself unintentionally.

Was the scene of him forcing the Chiefs underage daughter to suck his cock too far?

Filthy

i loved it. i need anons to recommend me similar shit pronto.

The tapeworm draws a parallel.

Demonstrates how parasitic and base Bruce's games are.

That's what I thought too.

billy hobbit boyle cant act for shit in that movie.

I bet he's never took xtc in his life.

can you go into detail user?

what symbolism

I thought he saw them, was hopeful, then realized he would only inevitably ruin their lives with his own toxic personality. Then he tipped the chair as a final 'good' act.

Dude, it's clear in the movie that it's the other woman with her son.

Couldn't give half a shit about his past and wife/tranny bullshit. The present was much more interesting and I liked the bittersweet ending

Also thank God for subtitles

I liked it but that montage of him out in his wife's clothes was the most obnoxious shit.
We got it at the first shot, we're not idiots.
There's one shot I really like when the two other detectives are looking down on him and there are fireworks going off behind them through a window.